View Poll Results: Is the 20/21 ski/ride season over?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course it's cancelled, we are hosed!

56 21.54%
  • Only if we start putting up statures of Dr. Fauci

12 4.62%
  • I've cancelled my plans on travel, but still hope my local will open.

89 34.23%
  • Full steam ahead, I wear a mask when I ski/ride.

103 39.62%
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    But skiers are special so we as a group are exempt from all this bad shit.
    I am invincible with my polyester buff!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Too many people are “so over this”
    Yeah, I've been hearing that a lot too. I've even said it, although I'm still being diligent. But a growing number around here aren't.

Too many people are “so over this” that I’m not optimistic we’ll keep it under 300k. Doubling up the deaths we already have is kind of horrifying.

Hopefully that vaccine that comes out on Nov. 1 will put an end to this. /s
    I’m over it. The chances of not dying from covid is literally 99.98%, in Canada at least. Covid sucks for sure, I don’t want it or anyone else to get it but it’s just not worth the shutdown etc consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I’m over it. The chances of not dying from covid is literally 99.98%, in Canada at least. Covid sucks for sure, I don’t want it or anyone else to get it but it’s just not worth the shutdown etc consequences.
    once again your ignorance is not equal to many other's expertise.

Is the 20/21 ski season over at resorts already?

I don’t necessarily agree with xyz but we are getting to the point that those consequences shouldn’t be so easily dismissed. We either need to start doing this shit right or not at all. Right now it’s half assed.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 3.58.29 PM.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	339108

Respectfully, xyz, there is a Big difference(s) between 0.02% and 1% and 4% --

If you have no risk factors, you may be correct - your chances of dying of covid may be 2 in 10,000 ;
    If ,,, for those with risk factors - in regions where hundreds of people are testing positive every day,
    I am Not liking the one in 100 odds.

And this side of the border, where 30% of the people believe their individual "Right"s are more important than public Health , ,,, this is going to go on for a while...

I am not advocating another shutdown - but the selfishness I am seeing in people is Very disheartening to me...

Be well -
    (Please ) Be Safe...

peace... tj

Nooooooooo nooooooo
    Think of your future!

Don’t send that 60 footer!
    Don’t ski that moderate avalanche forecast!
    Don’t fly a wing suit and BASE jump!
    The virus gonna get you!!!’
    . . .

Is the 20/21 ski season over at resorts already?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    once again your ignorance is not equal to many other's expertise.
    Once again! Lol. I didn’t make that 99.98% up. It’s fact, from our government’s data, current to Aug 29.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Respectfully, xyz, there is a Big difference(s) between 0.02% and 1% and 4% --

If you have no risk factors, you may be correct - your chances of dying of covid may be 2 in 10,000 ;
    If ,,, for those with risk factors - in regions where hundreds of people are testing positive every day,
    I am Not liking the one in 100 odds.

And this side of the border, where 30% of the people believe their individual "Right"s are more important than public Health , ,,, this is going to go on for a while...

I am not advocating another shutdown - but the selfishness I am seeing in people is Very disheartening to me...

Be well -
    (Please ) Be Safe...

peace... tj
    With this outlook, you should not be skiing at all. Lock your doors. Sit on the couch. Don’t go out, else selfish people will kill you.

Oh nos

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Nooooooooo nooooooo
    Think of your future!
    Don’t fly a wing suit and BASE jump!
    The virus gonna get you!!!’
    I went paragliding on Thursday and crashed pretty good into some rocks on a take off attempt. Even that didn’t kill me.

Too many people are “so over this” that I’m not optimistic we’ll keep it under 300k. Doubling up the deaths we already have is kind of horrifying.

Hopefully that vaccine that comes out on Nov. 1 will put an end to this. /s
    That's the scary part: "so over this" = powder fever on a bluebird day with considerable conditions.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    With this outlook, you should not be skiing at all. Lock your doors. Sit on the couch. Don’t go out, else selfish people will kill you.

Oh nos

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It appears that you didn't actually read skiJ's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Experts project autumn surge in coronavirus cases, with a peak after Election Day
    By Joel Achenbach and Rachel Weiner

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...c29_story.html

"A model produced by the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation and published Friday forecasts a “most likely” daily death toll of 1,907 on Election Day, roughly double the current toll. Under the IHME forecast, the numbers would continue to rise until mid-December, peaking at 3,000 deaths daily by Dec. 14.

By year’s end, 410,000 people in the United States will have died under the model’s most-likely scenario. That’s more than double current fatalities. The model also produced best-case and worst-case scenarios — ranging from 288,000 to 620,000 deaths by Jan. 1 — depending on the degree to which people wear masks, adhere to social distancing and take other precautions.

“I firmly believe we will see distinct second waves, including in places that are done with their first waves. New York City, I’m looking at you,” said Andrew Noymer, an epidemiologist at the University of California at Irvine who studied the October surge in cases when the mild pandemic influenza virus circulated in 2009."
    Sure, cases will go up, but IHME has been consistently over-predicting doom and gloom since they came online.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Once again! Lol. I didn’t make that 99.98% up. It’s fact, from our government’s data, current to Aug 29.
    Ummm...yes, you did make that up.

Recovered cases = 116,549
    Deaths = 9,146
    Total cases resolved = 116,549 + 9,146 = 125,695
    Mortality rate = 9,146/125,695 = 7.2%

One in thirteen people who are confirmed to have the disease in Canada have died. Source is Canada Public Health.

Please go back and edit your posts accordingly so as not to spread misinformation about a deadly disease killing your countrymen by the thousand.
    Last edited by shaft; 09-08-2020 at 01:22 PM. Reason: edited to be a little more chill

You didn't make it up, but you are using it incorrectly. 99.98% of Canadians have not died from COVID-19 (so far), i.e. approximately .02% HAVE died. That's a lot different than saying you have a 99.98% chance of not dying from COVID-19.

He's got 99.98 problems, and covid ain't one

Why would you think in terms of death over total population? Most people haven't had COVID.

Let me illustrate what sort of zany conclusions that abuse of math gets you:

Chances of not dying of influenza this season are 100% because flu season hasn't started so nobody has died.

According to my friend, only 6% of COVID deaths are actually from COVID. The rest are all a result of pre-existing conditions. 🤦♂️

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    That's the scary part: "so over this" = powder fever on a bluebird day with considerable conditions.

... Thom
    That's quite the reach. Dramatic too.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

According to my friend, only 6% of COVID deaths are actually from COVID. The rest are all a result of pre-existing conditions. ��♂️
    You know that is a bunch of bullshit, right? I"m pretty sure you do, but your phrasing (sarcasm) isn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    You know that is a bunch of bullshit, right? I"m pretty sure you do, but your phrasing (sarcasm) isn't clear.
    Of course. I have lost much respect for some friends these past months. Ugh.

Of course. I have lost much respect for some friends these past months. Ugh.
    Same, although that has as much or more to do with people spewing that QAnon bullshit about celebs and children. People are even dumber than I thought, and I keep saying that, and it keeps getting even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I don’t necessarily agree with xyz but we are getting to the point that those consequences shouldn’t be so easily dismissed. We either need to start doing this shit right or not at all. Right now it’s half assed.
    I could have worded my stat better.

Anyway, imo, we need to look at full picture and stop pretending covid is the only risk in this world. Let’s consider the covid death risk vs worldwide debt loads, destruction of small business, livelihoods, delayed cancer treatments etc etc. Covid cases will likely be with us for years despite trumps promise of a vaccine.

I don’t want anyone to die but we need to be adults here and make some tough decisions.
    My vote is to isolate the vulnerable and get this world opened back up. There are serious implications to shutting down the economy for years on end.