View Poll Results: Is the 20/21 ski/ride season over?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course it's cancelled, we are hosed!

56 21.54%
  • Only if we start putting up statures of Dr. Fauci

12 4.62%
  • I've cancelled my plans on travel, but still hope my local will open.

89 34.23%
  • Full steam ahead, I wear a mask when I ski/ride.

103 39.62%
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1306
    All the racers are going to have a few months off to free ski and question why the fuck they race in the first place.

Our kiddo's race program is only doing races at home this season. No travel to other resorts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Our resort is only allowing people inside to dine, or to go to their hotel room, or to use a bathroom. Race team more or less owns the locker room and that has been shut down as with everywhere else so race team has been told to boot up in the parking lot. There will be no awards ceremony and no lodge crowding if I read it right. The league is having its usual 4 races (3 home 1 away) and are having U12 and under on Saturday and U14 and up on Sunday which means half the normal amount of people at the hill on a given day. No idea if any of this happens. I live across the river and in another state from my home resort so we could get shut out just because of that. At all of the resorts the parking lots are more or less adjacent to the hills and short walks so that helps and usually we have parking lot cook outs anyway.

One of the iconic early season race camps at Ski Brule in Michigan has been canceled. In fact Ski Brule decided to cancel all snowmaking this year. They open when they open. Apparently they don't feel they could survive financially if they blow snow and then have to shut down but talking to one of the coaches they canceled the camp before the decision was made not to blow snow because they didn't want travelers coming to an area with a small hospital bed infrastructure.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 10-26-2020 at 12:20 PM.

At this point I figure it's about 50/50 whether I'll ski at all this season. Too many dumb asses out there who will fuck it up for everyone. I did buy a Whistler Edge Card, but wouldn't want to bet on the border reopening before the end of the season.

I am skiing if the lifts are turning. In the midwest almost any night of the week or any day before 11 am you can ski without having to worry about mouthbreathers getting too close. I can cook out at my car. I can piss in the woods. I did the same thing in June at Beartooth Basin and we had a blast.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    At this point I figure it's about 50/50 whether I'll ski at all this season. Too many dumb asses out there who will fuck it up for everyone. I did buy a Whistler Edge Card, but wouldn't want to bet on the border reopening before the end of the season.
    Maybe you'll be vaxxed in time for some spring slush skiing at Whistler? It's a long season and I think Pfizer will start distributing arm jabs by Q1 next year. But I don't see us getting case numbers low enough for the Canucks to open the border to the unwashed masses.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Maybe you'll be vaxxed in time for some spring slush skiing at Whistler? It's a long season and I think Pfizer will start distributing arm jabs by Q1 next year. But I don't see us getting case numbers low enough for the Canucks to open the border to the unwashed masses.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Unless you are a health care worker, or considered essential or at risk, I doubt you will be getting a vaccine until at least mid summer or later. Although who knows, in the US I’m sure there will be companies offering ‘private’ vaccinations if you can afford to skip the normal process.

Health care worker, high risk, or essential. That's about 80% of the population at least. BTW, depending on what shot it may take two.
    Latest projected bottleneck, freezers and shipping vaccines that have to be kept at something like 70 or 80 below, again depending on which shot.

Ischgl opened this weekend. Crowded lift lines were redonkerous. I will try to upload a pic.
    This will not last 1 week in USA

Name:  IMG_1850.png
Views: 1888
Size:  292.0 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I gotta agree with this. I'm really hoping people don't take a ski vacation this year to CO, but all of my intuitions are telling me we are going to see a shit ton of people who want to take a domestic vacation this winter and will think a ski trip will be 'safe'. Restaurants in ski towns here don't seem to be following guidelines. Like at all.

My bet: State of CO public health orders will be issued by mid-December which will close restaurants and bars throughout the entire State. They will have to do this to force stop the ski towns from having a ton of Christmas vacation tourists out and about.
    There are going to be so many boomers in RV's your head is going to explode. Then what's left of your exploded head, will implode from all the Gen X, Y and Z's that show up to spend the winter work/ski/drink/whatever in the rental house/condo.

It will probably be all time record for skier visits.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Ischgl opened this weekend. Crowded lift lines were redonkerous. I will try to upload a pic.
    This will not last 1 week in USA

Name:  IMG_1850.png
Views: 1888
Size:  292.0 KB
    Wow, that's just nutz.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    There are going to be so many boomers in RV's your head is going to explode. Then what's left of your exploded head, will implode from all the Gen X, Y and Z's that show up to spend the winter work/ski/drink/whatever in the rental house/condo.

It will probably be all time record for skier visits.
    Is this irony?

+2200k & 7.69% reported today for CO. Fuck fuck fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Is this irony?
    It's either irony, or tragedy. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    +2200k & 7.69% reported today for CO. Fuck fuck fuck.
    CO did a U-Turn? And just when they were so close to turning the corner. Bummer. Maybe this will wake some people up, and the good people of CO will get their act together.

It's either irony, or tragedy. Time will tell.
    Well, dude, I give Boomers one good weekend of sleeping in an RV in a winter parking lot before one of them says, uh, no. That may have already happened for a lot of them this summer/fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    When you have a CT doctor on AZ saying he will come to Mt Snow every weekend so his kids can race and he can free ski it won't take long for a shutdown. The AZ condo owners have changed their tune now that ski season is close and feet it is their right as taxpayers to freely come to VT every weekend.

Attachment 344952

Some sort of underground kids ski group bs going on. Great idea, lets hook up kids from families all over the NE during the pandemic.

Attachment 344953
    You sound surprised. This is America.

CO did a U-Turn? And just when they were so close to turning the corner. Bummer. Maybe this will wake some people up, and the good people of CO will get their act together.
    CO has generally had their shit together until the last month. Not sure what corner you thought were were about to turn. Our positivity rate until Oct was <3.5% for most of the summer and early fall.

Name:  122727412_3725298250816442_8207476404266181576_n.jpg
Views: 1405
Size:  70.0 KB
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

The current path started around Labor Day and was blindingly clear by late September to anyone paying attention to the data.

What sealed our fate was the lack of mitigative action in September.

We are behind the 8 ball now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The current path started around Labor Day and was blindingly clear by late September to anyone paying attention to the data.

What sealed our fate was the lack of mitigative action in September.

We are behind the 8 ball now.
    And the teenagers

I'll take 8-ball and teenagers for $1000, Alex.

Wolfy opened on Wednesday! With only Two (2) feet of fresh, limited terrain, of course. Fuckers didn't even send an e-mail! Coulda had two days already.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'll take 8-ball and teenagers for $1000, Alex.
    Wrong forum

The hunter Biden thread is in polyass.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, dude, I give Boomers one good weekend of sleeping in an RV in a winter parking lot before one of them says, uh, no. That may have already happened for a lot of them this summer/fall.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. I've got a pretty nice looking RV park down the street from me. It's packed on weekends, and looks like there are some folks that have set up residence. I'm blown away by this whole RV culture thing. People actually put out potted plants and lawn decorations. Seriously? Some of the RV's look like they cost more than the trailer park homes just a few blocks further down the road. (No surprise there)

We've already had the first week of sub 32F temps and some snow here. So, it will be interesting to see how many of them stick around once the snow starts to build up.