View Poll Results: Is the 20/21 ski/ride season over?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course it's cancelled, we are hosed!

56 21.54%
  • Only if we start putting up statures of Dr. Fauci

12 4.62%
  • I've cancelled my plans on travel, but still hope my local will open.

89 34.23%
  • Full steam ahead, I wear a mask when I ski/ride.

103 39.62%
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1306
    Dick Punch
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on impact vs. affect? Personally, cant stand it when people say something was impacted by something, when they really mean affected. Right? I have a B.A. in English, btw. Just sayin.
    But what if the something effected some other thing?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Dick Punch
    That Dick Punch really effected my impact.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Is the 20/21 ski season over at resorts already?

Heard Eagle County hospital ICUs are currently 75% full and it’s only Oct. 20th. Wonder if Vail and BC will have to bring their skier/rider capacity down even more by the time they open.

It’s more events. They had a wedding in Aspen that bumped our # way up.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Heard Eagle County hospital ICUs are currently 75% full and it’s only Oct. 20th. Wonder if Vail and BC will have to bring their skier/rider capacity down even more by the time they open.
    I can’t imagine there are a lot of ICU beds in Eagle County....a quick search shows 5. Might be more but I doubt much more. So I wouldn’t put much stock in that metric there. More important is utilization of ICU beds on the Front Range.

Is the 20/21 ski season over at resorts already?

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    I can’t imagine there are a lot of ICU beds in Eagle County....a quick search shows 5. Might be more but I doubt much more. So I wouldn’t put much stock in that metric there. More important is utilization of ICU beds on the Front Range.
    True. Currently statewide we’re at 25% capacity.
    Per current modeling, statewide ICUs will be full in late December if we continue in the current direction the state is headed.

Having a wedding in Aspen? Fucking selfish cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    True. Currently statewide we’re at 25% capacity.
    Per current modeling, statewide ICUs will be full in late December if we continue in the current direction the state is headed.

Having a wedding in Aspen? Fucking selfish cunts.
    Having a wedding anywhere right now is selfish. Go to the courthouse if needed but gathering your friends and family is ridiculous right now. Unless you hate them all.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

There will be a lot of relatives silently killing each other at Thanksgiving.

There were 100s of weddings in the valley this summer. I had friends working triples per day.

I've spent way too much time in that icu. It's very small but fucking amazing.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Limited indoor activity? Are the lifties and trollers just going to gear up out of the car? And any travel restrictions from the EU will be inconsequential.
    And there probably won’t be any house parties, anywhere

highly doubt your going to see widespread complaince with another gov't ordered shut down

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Remember Telefunken? That burnout here was amusing
    How about that dude a few years ago bragging about pioneering AK during the Coombs golden age with alpine trekkers? WTF was his handle?

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Having a wedding anywhere right now is selfish. Go to the courthouse if needed but gathering your friends and family is ridiculous right now. Unless you hate them all.

Depends. A friends of mine held their wedding. Outside. Limited crowd. No one from out of region. Cohorts separates the entire time. No dance floor etc. they were able to still get married, be happy and share with those close to them while maintaining social distancing. It’s not rocket science. Just stay outside, masked and six feet apart. Turned out it was not a super spreader event.

Of course things are different if it were a typical wedding. Indoors, mixed groups seated together, dancing and drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post

I just got married and had a wedding. Not a courthouse. It was pretty rad. Hung out with a total of 5 people the day of (self and photographer who was distanced + masked included). Cancelled all family/friends who couldn't drive w/o stopping at hotels. We also camped with 3 additional couples for the long weekend after entirely outside, no shared food/drinks, no gratiudous hugs. Selfish i know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	117125260_10102229656158010_8859945055901700551_o (1).jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	411.4 KB 
ID:	344290

I have been to a couple ZOOM weddings ... and funerals, but nothing in person.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    highly doubt your going to see widespread complaince with another gov't ordered shut down
    You will if the governor marches into the Vail Inc. offices and starts handcuffing executives. Or, at least fining them a ton per day.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I just got married and had a wedding. Not a courthouse. It was pretty rad. Hung out with a total of 5 people the day of (self and photographer who was distanced + masked included). Cancelled all family/friends who couldn't drive w/o stopping at hotels. We also camped with 3 additional couples for the long weekend after entirely outside, no shared food/drinks, no gratiudous hugs. Selfish i know.
    I dont think a wedding like yours is what they're talking about.

I love the suit, man -

Congratulations on your marriage And wedding ! !!

wishing you both
    Best of luck ! !!

Congratulations ! tj

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I dont think a wedding like yours is what they're talking about.
    The point is -- broad statements like "any wedding anywhere is selfish" is inaccurate. If your only imagination for getting married is 100 people eating shitty dinners, making drunk dancefloor mistakes and kissing lots of relatives -- consider doing more drugs.

Congratulations, sounds like an acceptable substitute. Hell, better than a super spreader event anyway eh!

Yeah, not the kind of wedding I meant.
    Congrats BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You will if the governor marches into the Vail Inc. offices and starts handcuffing executives. Or, at least fining them a ton per day.
    That's the problem. When things start getting out of hand they shut things they have control over--and they definitely have control over a ski area. What they have no control over are gatherings, which is where the disease spreads. Of course, the reason people are in town and having gatherings is because the lifts are running, so shutting the ski areas would make some sense, even if that's not where the spread is. We can party or we can ski, but this season we can't do both. (Or any other season for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's the problem. When things start getting out of hand they shut things they have control over--and they definitely have control over a ski area. What they have no control over are gatherings, which is where the disease spreads. Of course, the reason people are in town and having gatherings is because the lifts are running, so shutting the ski areas would make some sense, even if that's not where the spread is. We can party or we can ski, but this season we can't do both. (Or any other season for me.)
    We can certainly ski. But all the other things around skiing are the problems. Bars being open is ridiculous. Resorts are short sighted. Thinking the money from food service is worth getting lifts closed. I’m not sure about other resorts revenue. But I know Alta doesn’t exactly kill it with food. But they’ll be serving it.

Didn’t mean to harsh on those who had quaint outdoor small weddings. Was referring to large gatherings. And congrats on getting married