Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Everyday notice:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 2.37.14 PM.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	338684
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I like how UVM has set a policy that on campus students can't have on campus visitors in their dorms. Have they ever met a college student? Where else are they gonna shag???

The shire, redstone pines, anywhere on trinity campus, apparently my former burn spot is now a dorm, would have also been a good location....
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I like how UVM has set a policy that on campus students can't have on campus visitors in their dorms. Have they ever met a college student? Where else are they gonna shag???
    Well, if college is anything like my AF tech schools were, the answer is EVERYWHERE. Among the shadows, I saw students banging behind dumpsters, in the jet exhausts of aircraft static displays (seriously), on picnic benches, cars of course, under trees, behind bushes, the list goes on. (I was at a base that also had the med schools so lots of hawt female trainees) When you're 18-22 and hormones have you revved up beyond all control, the possibilities are endless!

Lol @ the administration thinking no dorm visits will do anything to squash any hanky panky.

shit is getting serious at darling daughter's bucolic tree lined college - all drinking games aka beer pong are now prohibited on and off campus.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    The shire, redstone pines, anywhere on trinity campus, apparently my former burn spot is now a dorm, would have also been a good location....
    RIP to the Teepee. I even had to watch the thing burn down too.

Frat boys...still fucking morons.

https://www.wmur.com/article/11-case...party/33936473

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Apparently UVM admitted a bunch of incels as initial testing shows low rates of infection.

My kids are supposed to start back on campus with in person classes next week. They are required to show up or will fail the two classes that have in person sessions. There is no way out of it and it totally fucks us. The facility my father in law lives in has told us (and other parents) that if their kids attend in person school classes that we won't be able to visit with him anymore until two weeks after their last class. This could mean we have to go until the end of December until we can see him again which is just unacceptable. The guy has serious dementia and melts down when we can't see him for more than a day or two. We can't have the kids fail or drop the classes because they're seniors and that would screw them out of graduating. They already have to take classes in the spring because they were cancelled this semester and if they drop these two classes that means they have to go again next fall so instead of graduating this year in December like they were supposed to they'd have two additional semesters. This is so fucked...

Both kids at MSU since mid-August and things seem to be going well. Remaining cautiously optimistic at this point...

4 cases total for faculty, staff and students since 8/26 @ Reed: https://www.reed.edu/coronavirus/cases.html .

So that's about .4%
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

CU is a fucking mess. Cases are doubling every week. 16% positive rate. They've asked all students to isolate themselves, but they're still living in dorms and sharing bathrooms, so...

Space the set aside for infected students is close to full, so their booting some kids out of their dorm and moving them somewhere else to create more quarantine space. So glad I'm teaching remotely and don't have to go to campus ever.

From this graph, UMIAMI seems to be doing good. 17000 students. 1/3 have elected to do on-line only. I'm not sure how many students have elected to take a gap year. Under 5% positivity rate. Every student is required to submit to a COVID test every 2 weeks. My son said that the campus is much quieter than in previous years, and that everyone is wearing a mask. Empty classrooms are being used by students who have both in person and on-line obligations during the same day to listen to their on-line classes. No intramural sports at this time.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.15.03 PM.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	340694
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    From this graph, UMIAMI seems to be doing good. 17000 students. 1/3 have elected to do on-line only. I'm not sure how many students have elected to take a gap year. Under 5% positivity rate. Every student is required to submit to a COVID test every 2 weeks. My son said that the campus is much quieter than in previous years, and that everyone is wearing a mask. Empty classrooms are being used by students who have both in person and on-line obligations during the same day to listen to their on-line classes. No intramural sports at this time.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.15.03 PM.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	340694
    Daughters friend is on rowing team at UM....she has said same...quiet, but kids are adhering to rules pretty well.

From what I observe...(at my school district/area)....people/kids are really doing a better job with the masks/distancing....I’m hoping/thinking everyone just wants things to get better, and the only way to do that is to mask up and try to keep away as much as possible.

The recent Fauci 2022 comment has got me pretty depressed though......that would make my kids entire college academic/athletic careers within his shut down window.....that’s pretty sad to think about.

Oh well, both do seem happy where they are at...they are at least on campus and enjoying their classes/labs..so they have that, because most/all of their friends from home are all stuck at home doing online.

Well, my kids school has been open for a few weeks now and Covid has been a non issue which is surprising because the city it's in is surrounded by increasing cases and the city hospital Covid ward is 3 blocks from the main campus. It's masks everywhere so they spend their time between classes sitting in the car because all of the lounges on campus are closed and you need to show that you're working on an assignment to spend time in the library, no general lounging and studying allowed. They have to preorder and prepay their lunch from the deli in the student center, they go in and pick it up and leave because there's no indoor dining. Overall they're glad to be there because it gives them most of one day a week away from us but with no social scene and enforced distancing they say it's not much fun to be there.

I just received this letter from the President of the university of Miami.
    Today begins the eleventh week of our fall semester. That leaves just four weeks before students depart campus to study for final exams.

There were many questions about our ability to reopen campus this fall, but thanks to your efforts, thus far we have managed to balance the safety of our community with our commitment to education and forward progress.

Now, as we approach these last few weeks, I cannot overstate the importance of continuing to honor our agreement to prioritize the health and safety of each member of our community.

Challenges remain. A look at the numbers—globally, nationally, statewide, and locally—tells us we have entered a third surge of the pandemic.

At the same time, temptation abounds. Bars are open, curfews have been extended, and COVID fatigue is real.

With fall turning to winter, there is a risk that we will let down our guard, especially as we desire to resume year-end traditions—be it celebrating Halloween, gathering for Thanksgiving, or shopping for the holidays.

But we want to finish the semester together. I know our seniors are eager to have the unique experience of an in-person commencement. If we want to enjoy these rewards, now is not the time to get lax about large gatherings, face coverings, or any of the healthy behaviors you have adopted.

The vast majority of our students, more than nine in ten, are abiding by every measure they agreed to. We will continue to take swift disciplinary action against those who do not, because it isn’t fair to jeopardize the health and dreams of those around us.

The systems we have in place—including extensive testing and contact tracing—require everyone’s cooperation. Student compliance has been strong, and we will continue to test students until they leave campus to ensure we do not contribute to rising numbers in their home communities.

Faculty and staff participation in testing has not been nearly as robust. We understand that hybrid schedules may mean you are not on campus every day, but when you are selected for testing, please show up—just like our ’Canes showed up this homecoming weekend.

Our fiercest opponent now is one we share with the entire world: the threat of apathy in the face of a pandemic that hasn’t yet ended.

Do not back down, do not give up, do not let one another down.

We are entering the final quarter of the semester on campus—and we can finish strong.
    President Frenk

I find it amazing that the students are being more responsible then the faculty

Interesting - my kids' school (MSU) posted something *very* similar today...

COVID and the college student

After success this fall..UVM plan for spring is to follow same protocol as this fall......which is good, cuz they are at least on campus.....but also sucks because it’s another semester of online classes........

Kids will now have had 2 1/2 semesters online......Year and a half of no in person classes....it’s gotta have an effect in the the long run...(better/worse)

Meanwhile I’m at full load in person classes (25/room).....nothing different except wearing a mask.

It’s a screwed up world.....

Because of the global pandemic, our educational institution was transferred to distance learning and now I have a huge pile of material on my own study, and a bunch of text works. How good is it that there is such a site as edubirdie Two first works came on time and of good quality. I am thinking about ordering more, because such quality cheap works, alas, very difficult to find.

What is Edurbidie?

Quote Originally Posted by grvsio View Post
    What is Edurbidie?
    Troll food?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

All winter sports cancelled at darling daughter's college (and league). Spring sports are postponed until at least the end of February.

I feel so bad for these kids.

COVID and the college student

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    All winter sports cancelled at darling daughter's college (and league). Spring sports are postponed until at least the end of February.

I feel so bad for these kids.
    Ivy League..the trend setter...the dominoes will begin to fall again for the 3rd time.....(except for SEC, ACC, B10, P12, B12, AAC....and all HS, AAU, and youth sports......they’ll carry on like normal)
    Last edited by BC.; 11-22-2020 at 07:07 AM.