Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Congratulations to all of your recent grads...sorry the last 14 months of your kids college years were not what they were supposed to be.....hope all your kids move onto bigger and better things......

My kid is staying in town/working and taking summer courses.....I guess I should of looked how much it cost before telling her....”sure, that sounds cool”......the bill came yesterday....10,000.00 for 6 credits....holy shit...that’s gonna hurt.

UVM just announced they will be requiring the vax. My son has been digging in deeper and deeper refusing it. We've been being nice and using logical arguments. Today he got to the point where he would not go back to school if he has to get it. Despite getting A/A- both semesters of first year. And despite now owing some cash that would be for naught. My wife did what she should have done all along and completely lost it on the kid. Screaming, yelling, jumping up and down, etc. Telling how he's putting his grandfather at risk, being a selfish little prick, to get off the fucking internet, that his aunt in Germany can't get a jab, that we won't pay for anything more, that we'll be pissed about the money WE borrowed for tuition as a gift, that he should go live under a bridge, and aliens killed JFK, wait, what? etc. It was epic. I don't want her that mad at me, ever. And she has been plenty mad before. The kid tucked his tail between his legs and went to the walk-in clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    UVM just announced they will be requiring the vax. My son has been digging in deeper and deeper refusing it. We've been being nice and using logical arguments. Today he got to the point where he would not go back to school if he has to get it. Despite getting A/A- both semesters of first year. And despite now owing some cash that would be for naught. My wife did what she should have done all along and completely lost it on the kid. Screaming, yelling, jumping up and down, etc. Telling how he's putting his grandfather at risk, being a selfish little prick, to get off the fucking internet, that his aunt in Germany can't get a jab, that we won't pay for anything more, that we'll be pissed about the money WE borrowed for tuition as a gift, that he should go live under a bridge, and aliens killed JFK, wait, what? etc. It was epic. I don't want her that mad at me, ever. And she has been plenty mad before. The kid tucked his tail between his legs and went to the walk-in clinic.
    Good on your wife. Hopefully, some book learning in Burlington will get your kid's head on a little straighter.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Nice…..when mom flips out…it’s time. Mom tears are real, glad he changed his mine.

We moved our oldest daughter into her apartment/house last week….was nice to be in town again.

Maybe my next trip up we can finally have a mag “Foam” meet up.

He doesn't want the gubmint telling him what to do and using it as leverage to get him to comply. That's funny, he didn't have any issue with his selective service registration.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Nice…..when mom flips out…it’s time. Mom tears are real, glad he changed his mine.

We moved our oldest daughter into her apartment/house last week….was nice to be in town again.

Maybe my next trip up we can finally have a mag “Foam” meet up.
    Meet up not out of the question. I'm a real disappointment IRL.

It would have been simple, get the shot or move out. See ya kiddo.

So this college graduate thing isn't all it's cracked up to be right now. Both of my girls are back working in the local market they worked summers at before because "real jobs" are not really out there. I guess the pay isn't bad but damn... One is going to grad school next semester so I guess she's off the hook but the other one had to put off taking the GRE until the fall so she's baking cookies and decorating cakes for the next few months, at best.

Wait
    What?
    Aliens killed jfk?

Is George bush an alien?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    It would have been simple, get the shot or move out. See ya kiddo.
    Ya. Well, I'm glad for you that things are that simple at your house. He actually would go live under a bridge if I was the one to do as you suggested, just to prove a point. I could see my discussion with him leading there when he got to the point of maybe not going back to school if he has to get the shot. So I pulled the plug on our chat and ratted him out to mom. It had to be mom losing her shit on him. There was no other way. He's a tricky one.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Wait
    What?
    Aliens killed jfk?

Is George bush an alien?
    Apparently. I had trouble following the whole thing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210613_144205565.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	377072

She made it.

Ya. Well, I'm glad for you that things are that simple at your house. He actually would go live under a bridge if I was the one to do as you suggested, just to prove a point. I could see my discussion with him leading there when he got to the point of maybe not going back to school if he has to get the shot. So I pulled the plug on our chat and ratted him out to mom. It had to be mom losing her shit on him. There was no other way. He's a tricky one.
    You straight up called in a tactical airstrike on the little fucker! Good rant/good work by the Mrs.

Give her a high five for me.

Now I just need the Canadian border to open and quarantine rules to relax. My daughter finished her 4years at UNB Fredericton and is going back to get her education degree. She'd rather work an extra two weeks than spend two weeks in quarantine. She's fully vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    You straight up called in a tactical airstrike on the little fucker! Good rant/good work by the Mrs.
    haha I probably would have done the same since that would leave her on the hook if the effort flopped.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    haha I probably would have done the same since that would leave her on the hook if the effort flopped.
    I had every confidence in Mrs riser3. We are collective.

I have a COVID grad in Thing #2 as of last week. He has been at home and studying since March of last year. Commencement was at home (he wasn't interested in the zoom version the school offered) with a few friends and fam, "Pomp and Circumstance" was played on the bass fiddle by a friend, and a mismatched, borrowed (incorrect colors/years) cap and gown. I gave the address and cried a lot. It was great. He's stoked to be done.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Excellent, congrats

Congratulations…onto bigger and better things…..

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I have a COVID grad in Thing #2 as of last week. He has been at home and studying since March of last year. Commencement was at home (he wasn't interested in the zoom version the school offered) with a few friends and fam, "Pomp and Circumstance" was played on the bass fiddle by a friend, and a mismatched, borrowed (incorrect colors/years) cap and gown. I gave the address and cried a lot. It was great. He's stoked to be done.
    You went further than we did. My daughter was out of town for work and actually at work in the field for UNB virtual graduation. My wife and I watched it on the interwebs. For a "party" my daughter chose take-out with my wife and I at a park by the lake without her brothers. She got a card and we helped a little on her car purchase and a new laptop.

Congratulations to both the kids and parents!
    I can’t imagine how proud you must feel to watch your offspring graduate college. I’m really looking forward to seeing my daughter do the same.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Pretty huge cathartic experience at darling daughter's bucolic tree lined campus, literally everyone - parents, grads, family, friends, went to the green for pics and celebration after the graduation ceremony. Thousands without masks, together in a huge spontaneous party. I admit, I got a little teary. These kids have been through a lot.

You went further than we did. My daughter was out of town for work and actually at work in the field for UNB virtual graduation. My wife and I watched it on the interwebs. For a "party" my daughter chose take-out with my wife and I at a park by the lake without her brothers. She got a card and we helped a little on her car purchase and a new laptop.
    I got him a carbon Santoku Zwilling/Kramer knife with an engraving from Bob's shop. What a fucking time this has been.

As for the party, gotta hand it to my GF who has been gently encouraging me to do something beyond my usual 'good food and a few peeps' thing. I had every intention of doing something, but she helped me find my way to doing an actual thing. Thanks babe.

No, she isn't here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Hell of a gift, thought about spending my graduation money on a bob Kramer original that was floating on eBay for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

COVID and the college student

Got the email today that UVM requiring all students to be vaccinated/proof of vaccination….Both kids got vaccinated last spring so no worries for us, but wonder how this requirement will effect enrollment? (I think most UVM students were vaccinated anyway…but will be interesting to see how many don’t return)