Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do you hate most about Corporate America?

For me it's probably the propensity for treating employees like items.

What you got?

greed. fucking greed

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    greed. fucking greed
    Literally. Bosses fucking subordinates, subordinates fucking the cleaning staff, and on and on.

Once I had a boss who was fucking a saleswoman. He gets demoted and sent away to run some little bumfuck divison of the company in Winchester, VA that makes composite wood. Five fucking years later, he's ringing the fucking bell on the fucking NYSE for a new listing. That was a $20 million dollar fuck.

And here's another fuck worth some real dough. This French dude in another company I worked at was fucking a direct hire. By the way nobody literally fucks their subordinates like the French. Maybe the Russians, but I haven't dealt much with them. Anyway he gets ratted out by a coworker and fired. He turns around and sues the company for his cancelled bonus and stock options, plus damages. Company doesn't want the bad press in the paper about the sexual harassment so it settles suit for $25 million to make it go away.

So in my career, I've seen $45 million made in corporate America just from fucks.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Focus on short-term profits to the exclusion of all else. I'm too young to have experienced it, but I have the understanding that corporations used to pride themselves on building something to last and providing good jobs to their employees. Now it's all about strip mine any revenue opportunity you can find and walk away.

What do I hate most about Corporate America?

The corporations.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

They think they are people.

Turns out they are just sons of bitches.

Hate the game (capitalism) not the players (corps)

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Hate the game (crony capitalism) not the players (corps)
    FIFY, but corps are absolutely part of that picture IMO.

Good article here BTW
    https://ritholtz.com/2019/03/its-not...ny-capitalism/

"We can define this as the return on capital generated not by innovation and risk taking, but rather through the unholy alliance between the business and political classes. Instead of genuine competition, they use the states’ power to legislate, regulate, grant hand outs, permits, government licenses, special tax breaks, and other dispensations as favors to enrich each other."

The purposely pathological structure that ensures no accountability regarding the well being and interests of the society it serves and allows them to exist. We crafted their existence to be perfectly insulated from recourse and sociopathically driven. Boggling.

Pretty much a number on the liability column of the profit and loss statement.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Greed is the correct answer, but I'll go with incompetent leadership as a close second.
    The Peter principle is a very real thing.

They will fuck the entire world sideways, in the ass with no lube just to pump up their share price. Greed doesn't begin to cover it. They are totally amoral and some day they will rule all the sheeple.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    The purposely pathological structure that ensures no accountability regarding the well being and interests of the society it serves and allows them to exist. We crafted their existence to be perfectly insulated from recourse and sociopathically driven. Boggling.
    This! Human greed and need for security / comfort can be a force for good if harnessed (and by "harnessed" I mean regulation, lots and lots of regulation), but when allowed to run unchecked it's the most destructive force on the planet.

sometimes things were done that didn't really matter so what I liked about working for a little out fit having no levels of management was the having no levels of management ... what i was doing was important
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The inefficiency of corporate culture and the need to feel like corporate culture seminars or "re-education" to make the employee feel like they are part of a "team" and feel that they have a sense of "power". All a bunch of buzzwords and feel good about your company emails and seminars.

That it is destroying the very idea of democracy while keeping us all too fat lazy and lusting after material shit to even notice or care. We have the right to self govern, but instead just want that new _____.

Everything else I could say could just fit in to that. Not acknowledging the human dignity of employees and expecting their work life to be their whole life, trashing the environment, the stupidity of corporations running things when they have no master plan besides their quarterly earnings and executive bonuses.Creating a culture of substanceless people with impressive resumes because we are all commodities for sale. Putting the health of the economy before the mental physical and spiritual health of our citizens. Etc etc.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    That it is destroying the very idea of democracy while keeping us all too fat lazy and lusting after material shit to even notice or care. We have the right to self govern, but instead just want that new _____.
    I don't think I can blame the corporations for that. Ridiculous Consumption is a long standing infection in modern American culture.

What I think might be a reasonable accusation is that corporations are not only complicit in hyperconsumerism and unbridled acultural greed but also in sowing and nurturing the seeds of divisiveness in America.

And if I may preempt the tired and worn out accusation of our mutual elite dental dependency and profit from that machine and the horrors of hypocrisy ? Thanks.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The walls and walls of insulation between people making decisions and the ultimate effects of those decisions.

Vail sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Vail sucks.
    I laft

The two tiered world of people who get shit done vs those who know the right people.
    Also the "let's ride a team raw for a year or two so I can get promoted and someone else inherits the husks I've created" people.

CEOs making 350x more than the average employee.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Didn't some one on TGR just post someplace the other day - an appropriate George Carlin quote?

"Everyone who drives faster than me is a maniac and everyone who drives slower than me is an asshole."

Seems that could be applied here when it comes to greed.