Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    wow- thats gnarly- get better dude- I had multiple broken ribs and a collapsed lungs many years ago, and am all good now with no lasting effects but it definitely takes awhile. sneezing is the worst!
    I wonder if a PRP shot would help you out at all? I know they work well for healing after a knee surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I fubared myself on the gut of Apex, it can happen anywhere...
    Apex open space in Golden?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yes indeedy.
    Itís a tad fast and Rocky.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

I love Apex except for all the goddamn hikers. could def wreck yourself there without too much effort.

Only one hiker the day I did it at around 7pm. Hikers will no longer be allowed going up it after September.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

yeah, going late is the key for Apex. worked great when I lived in Golden and got out of work at 7. I haven't been following the changes in the rules, as I don't live out there anymore and don't plan on sticking around Denver after I heal up.

FWIW, PT on my shoulder is going fairly slow, I think mostly because my PT is young and being conservative about it, my arm is fine for normal daily use, although I'm still careful to keep it below 90 degrees. My heart rate has finally gotten back to almost what my normal is, 7 weeks out. My lungs are fine on a day to day basis just walking around and living life, but I still get winded pretty bad walking up stairs. Hiking is really difficult, just in terms of breathing. otherwise I'm mostly back to normal. Pain level has gone down a lot, to "always noticeable, but generally not bothersome". off all the meds except occasional Tylenol. Sleeping is still fairly uncomfortable.

Continued healing. Good to hear your well on hour way. Must be nice to narrow it down to a couple/few ailments.
    Im curious what kind of exercises the pt has given you for your shoulder. I think i should be doing some

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Continued healing. Good to hear your well on hour way. Must be nice to narrow it down to a couple/few ailments.
    Im curious what kind of exercises the pt has given you for your shoulder. I think i should be doing some

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

right now, they're really basic movements. probably wouldn't help most people. going today and hoping she gives me something more to do.

Jesus, I just read this.... That's a hell of a wreck. I've broken a couple ribs before in a wreck and they were uncomfortable for a couple months. Your injuries are way worse than I had so I can only imagine what you've been going through. Sounds like you're healing well, though so there's light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck on your comeback.

Thanks. PT said today that my mobility is much farther ahead than she would expect it to be. The pain went away for a couple weeks but has come back somewhat in the last day or so. I hear this is normal. ups and downs but mostly the docs say I'm doing better than they would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    although I'm still careful to keep it below 90 degrees.
    IMVH "IANAD" opinion, this seems insane. Aren't you almost two months out from surgery now? My PT had me moving through as much ROM as pain allowed within just a few weeks after my ORIF and IIRC I could raise my arm fully vertical (without weight) at my 6-week followup. From your description it sounds unlikely that your clavicle break was worse than mine.

You need to find a new PT or have a serious discussion about goals with your current one. Most PTs spend the vast majority of their time helping sedentary obese people regain basic mobility and have limited experience helping athletes regain high levels of functionality. At the very least, I'd start doing forward- and side-facing wall walks as high as pain allows today. The longer you wait the harder it will be to regain that ROM. Anything weighted should be approached with much more caution, but at this point you really can't mess up the surgical repair doing basic non-weighted ROM exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    IMVH "IANAD" opinion, this seems insane. Aren't you almost two months out from surgery now? My PT had me moving through as much ROM as pain allowed within just a few weeks after my ORIF and IIRC I could raise my arm fully vertical (without weight) at my 6-week followup. From your description it sounds unlikely that your clavicle break was worse than mine.

You need to find a new PT or have a serious discussion about goals with your current one. Most PTs spend the vast majority of their time helping sedentary obese people regain basic mobility and have limited experience helping athletes regain high levels of functionality. At the very least, I'd start doing forward- and side-facing wall walks as high as pain allows today. The longer you wait the harder it will be to regain that ROM. Anything weighted should be approached with much more caution, but at this point you really can't mess up the surgical repair doing basic non-weighted ROM exercises.

yes, I'm two months out on Friday. and yeah, I haven't really been listening to her. I think she's too conservative. with my leg, she was great. but with my arm, I'm not happy with her, she's not listening. It's also partially my surgeon's fault, he didn't order the PT until I was over 5 weeks out. the exercises she's been giving me are too easy, so I've been making them harder. I rode my bike for about 10 miles yesterday on pavement and it was fine, meanwhile she says I can't ride a bike until November.

Well, you certainly don't want to crash on a bike before November, but not riding one at all until then is ridiculous.

Regarding your lungs, I'm about halfway through this book right now and I'd highly recommend checking it out. You can get the audio book free with an Audible trial.

Thanks Iíll check it out. I have some audible credits.

Yeah. Not trying to crash. I actually fell doing some light hiking near Breck and landed on my elbow on the injured side at about 6 weeks. Not that I want to test that again, but I was fine.