Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    From comments here and on the internet, this is pretty polarizing.

I'm going with the "like it, but can't afford more than the base model" crowd. I'm not very up to date on car pricing, but >$40K seems like a lot for this...but $40K also seems like a lot for a pickup (to me).
    You haven't shopped for a new car lately have you? This is priced lower pretty much across the board than the Wrangler also (assuming package pricing is on par and not outrageous).

Base 2 door with Sasquatch package is basically a Rubicon for 10 grand less, with better gearing and 35s. I'm still bummed about IFS, but that is an appealing rig. I suspect the aftermarket will have sway bar disconnects available for sub $100 (ala the Wrangler) post haste as well.

The four door is surprisingly appealing also, and I tend to really dislike the Wrangler Unlimited despite my love for the 2 door.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    You haven't shopped for a new car lately have you? This is priced lower pretty much across the board than the Wrangler also (assuming package pricing is on par).

Also, base 2 door with Sasquatch package is basically a Rubicon for 10 grand less, with better gearing and 35s. I'm still bummed about IFS, but that is an appealing rig.
    Yep. Cars and trucks have gotten really expensive in the last decade. I had no real hope that this would start much lower than it did. As AdironRider said, it's pretty much on par to slightly lower than most Wranglers.

My hope is this sells well enough but not incredibly after the first two years and so it gets some of the incentives that Ford trucks sometimes receive, but I won't hold my breath immediately for that.

I'd be surprised if it ever gets incentives like Ford trucks do. This doesn't seem spectacularly overpriced like a lot of Ford trucks are, which are just marked way up so they can offer 10k in incentives.

3500 tow rating for both 2 door and 4 door models, which I'm kinda surprised about given the Ranger platform has tow ratings around 7k.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Yep. Cars and trucks have gotten really expensive in the last decade.
    Auto electronics / sensors have been paying my bills for years, growing industry, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    So what are the odds that between now and when this thing goes into production emissions standards are changed to a degree that makes it unrealistic/impossible for Ford to actually manufacture and sell this thing?

We can hope, right?
    Huh? If emissions were to become that strict would gas vehicles even be a thing? This is an ecoboost we’re talking about here..

Real world mpg numbers are still going to be garbage for a vehicle designed from the ground up in 2020.

You haven't shopped for a new car lately have you? This is priced lower pretty much across the board than the Wrangler also (assuming package pricing is on par and not outrageous).
    Nope...and certainly not a Wrangler!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Real world mpg numbers are still going to be garbage for a vehicle designed from the ground up in 2020.
    Better or worse than the FJ or LC? Guessing it’s probably a push if not in favor of the Bronco with stock 35s.

Ask any Subaru Outback/Forester owner what they actually get and I bet this is within a couple mpg real world and will absolutely destroy any Tacoma in the land.

Which now that I think about it, are probably the two vehicles (well maybe not the Forester) that this will steal more market share from vs. the Wrangler.
    Last edited by AdironRider; 07-14-2020 at 10:02 AM.
    Live Free or Die

https://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sale...dsized-pickup/

sales are down in 2020 but Tacoma has a 40% share of the market and out sells every other midsized truck by 2-1
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    As if we needed another polarizing event, Jeep Nation is chugging their Dews as we speak, bolting the 19th accessory to their AR-15 while Guy Fierri is muted on the TV.

Flavor Town is at war.

M-Lock dash rails FTW! Just wait for the Magpul Molle Edition Bronco in FDE with black CQB trim!

I'm going with the "like it, but can't afford more than the base model" crowd. I'm not very up to date on car pricing, but >$40K seems like a lot for this...but $40K also seems like a lot for a pickup (to me).
    Considering gmc has an average transaction cost higher than bmw and Mercedes Id say you haven’t purchased a truck or suv in a long time.
    Lincoln suv is over 100k so bronco aside from the escape and ecosport it is on the lower end of ford trucks and suv pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...mate-denialism

this vehicle looks cool. too bad it was made with a 1950s mindset towards our world. why are we so stuck in some idealized past? i hope jimmy donates all the money he made to POW or something that actually helps move the needle.

//hypocritically ducks out of thread to get in 2015 taco with 33s.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    As if we needed another polarizing event, Jeep Nation is chugging their Dews as we speak, bolting the 19th accessory to their AR-15 while Guy Fierri is muted on the TV.

Flavor Town is at war.
    Name:  david-page-1528907938.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  70.3 KB

Jimmy Chin vs Guy Fieri. Pick a side, men.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post

this vehicle looks cool. too bad it was made with a 1950s mindset towards our world. why are we so stuck in some idealized past? i hope jimmy donates all the money he made to POW or something that actually helps move the needle.

They may come out with a hybrid in following years, give them time.

My uncle forwarded me a forwarded Facebook link indicating that the Democrats are making Ford require a muffler mask on the exhaust to limit freedom particles.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Ford is heavily invested in Rivian - I think it was originally for a Lincoln E-SUV, but they'd probably be able to leverage the platform for a Bronco if they had to.

I'm a liberal environmentalist in most ways, but that article was terrible. Ford has confirmed that there will be a forthcoming hybrid option. So I guess it shows some priorities that they aren't available at launch, but the self-righteousness that they didn't consider putting a hybrid option in because

But it’s obvious not everyone sees it that way [hybrid being useful], including the so-called “Bronco Underground” team at Ford that has been working since 1999 to resurrect the vehicle. Like much of the auto industry, it consists solely of middle-aged white men. It’s hard to shake the feeling the Bronco is yet another front in the culture wars where manly men can drive their big, masculine, gas-guzzling truck wherever they want, libs be damned.
    It's like a parody of liberal whininess.

Where's the 4Runner with a hybrid? Taco? Nowhere. And they get far worse MPG than the EcoBoost will.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I get it, big ships alter course slowly. But it’s 2020. When did the Honda Insight come out, 99?

The 2021 F150 hybrid is an embarrassment to everyone involved. Cmon big blue give us some leadership.

I love how the most innovative thing on this truck are the doors... oh and the 7MT.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    It's like a parody of liberal whininess.
    I think you just described vice in 8 words or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Where's the 4Runner with a hybrid? Taco? Nowhere. And they get far worse MPG than the EcoBoost will.
    Valid, but those trucks haven’t seen a redesign in 10+ years New taco doesn’t count. Obviously there are shortcomings and perceived long term reliability issues but that’s where the money should be focused. Not on midlife crisis itch scratching.

That vice article sucked hudge balls. Did someone actually get paid to write that?

Base 2 door with Sasquatch package is basically a Rubicon for 10 grand less, with better gearing and 35s. I'm still bummed about IFS, but that is an appealing rig.
    Agree, that’s the point I’ve been trying to make. Base + Sasquatch will be the starting point for some very capable rigs and would be enough for most of us. And that 2.3 in the Ranger has a factory tune for 315 hp that will no doubt be available here. So a turnkey full factory warranty rig with 35s, 315 HP, Lockers, crazy good crawl ratios and a usefully tall ‘seventh’ (more like sixth) gear that looks good and is cheaper than a somewhat comparable Wrangler.

And the 4x4 forums are noticing how Ford designed easy to remove body panels / fenders to enable a huge aftermarket for some wide tire / fender setups.

I get it, big ships alter course slowly. But it’s 2020. When did the Honda Insight come out, 99?

The 2021 F150 hybrid is an embarrassment to everyone involved. Cmon big blue give us some leadership.

I love how the most innovative thing on this truck are the doors... oh and the 7MT.
    We're getting off topic, but I actually think the F150 hybrid is smart and pretty cool. Sure you're not getting a huge mpg boost, but it is a boost and I suspect it will do particularly well in loaded and stop and go driving, situations where a lot of (especially gasoline powered) trucks don't come close to their rates mpgs.

Plus, the F150 marker is as you suggest filled with people for whom being environmentally friendly isn't a principal goal and really who might see it with suspicion. If the extra power and tricks (run a welder off the outlet in the bed!) of the hybrid truck, then that's an overall win as these people are likely cross shopping less efficient trucks, not Priuses.

My sister in law works for an energy company and many of the projects she works on have notable environmental benefits, but they intentionally focus on other selling points because people still see that as indicating some compromise somewhere else. I suspect this is the same thing.