Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    My only hope is that it gets Toyota to bring out another FJ. Now that was a well built and capable machine. I have had a Wrangler, FJ and now a Tacoma and I must say, for the type of off roading that I do, the FIS in the Tacoma and FJ made them much more comfortable in rocky terrain. The FJ was by far the best in the mud of the three and the Tacoma does the best at high speeds on washboard roads. I completely see the sold axle argument for a hardcore rock climber....but I don't spend much time on that terrain.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

https://www.drivingline.com/articles...g-is-obsolete/

The solid front axle fans tend to overlook the rock crawling disadvantages.

As with the Taco, I’m sure there’ll be some burly AM CV axles for the bronco.

how many broncos is ford really gona sell if it had a solid axle ?

is the 100's of thousands of bronco buyers Ford is hoping to attract going to rock crawl, or drive thru door handle high mud holes or do high speed washboard ?

or navigate the strip mall p-lots to take Brie to ballet and Chipper to Scouts ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I may be an outlier but this looks to be a pack of clowns

It really is hilarious the overall reaction the TGR crowd has to this type of thing vs the people you know are eating this shit up. lol

Those of us who want a SA are not their market. I get it. While not for me, I hope the Bronco does well and sparks some response from other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

^This

IFS is badass if done correctly.

Torsion bars do not fall into the category of done correctly, looking at you GM.
    Last edited by east or bust; 07-09-2020 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Bronco nation, want more what ?

more lifestyle product ?

right up there with the yeti tribal thing for which yeti is now getting grief

wtf is an SA, would it have killed you to type the word out ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Solid axle... come on mang

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    It really is hilarious the overall reaction the TGR crowd has to this type of thing vs the people you know are eating this shit up. lol
    Jeep fans have Grindr, Bronco fans will have Bronco Nation to hook up. It’s all good.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    ^This

IFS is badass if done correctly.

Torsion bars do not far into the category of done correctly, looking at you GM.
    KOH has been like F1 for off-roading technology. Pretty cool IMO.

hope XXXer can figure out these acronyms

the thread is about a new suv which isnt out yet and BTWTIAORTIAORRCS

I used to speak acronym at work, I made shit up i was unsure of but nobody ever questions becuz they don't wana look silly

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I wrote what I wrote before watching that and it only enforces it. There’s a dude towards the end that describes the free summer camp so people can learn about their new car and lifestyle. The early Bronco was built for a lifestyle that needed a vehicle. The new one, as stated in the video, is to bring people into a lifestyle because there’s a Bronco. That’s the soul that’s missing. #sappysonofabitch #instagram

Sheeiot...I guess you've not noticed the proliferation of "Tactical Schools" based on the Thunder Ranch dude-ranch-for-combat-pistols model that Outside magazine made so famous in 1994? And that the hundredbillion dollar American firearms industry has grown by leaps and bounds bringing kids into the AR/plate carrier lifestyle? What's on your war belt, dude? Still hunting with a Fudd gun?

Thing about an AR is that it's modular, and infinitely customizable. The AR carbine is a platform for aftermarket gizmos and trinkets. That's what Ferd wants to do here, and it's a solid theory.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Ok. Talking IFS on a full on race rig for the hammers is a wee bit different. And to clarify I have a 71 bronco on 38s with solid axles that enjoy wheeling and working on. I also have a 89 4runner with ifs that has a long travel setup. It does pretty damn well but I'm still thinking about a SAS.

But who cares, I'm definitely not the #douchecanoe err I mean demographic they're targeting. I mean camping isn't near as cool or profitable as overlanding.

Also to the question of how many they would sell if it had a solid front axle? Idk but it seems like every other vehicle I see is a jeep Rubicon so who knows.

I think we may have come across some weird part of the Venn diagram where the mall-crawlers, lifted truck nutters and Instagram lifestyle enthusiasts may overlap.

It's gonna be EPIC.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Sheeiot...I guess you've not noticed the proliferation of "Tactical Schools" based on the Thunder Ranch dude-ranch-for-combat-pistols model that Outside magazine made so famous in 1994? And that the hundredbillion dollar American firearms industry has grown by leaps and bounds bringing kids into the AR/plate carrier lifestyle? What's on your war belt, dude? Still hunting with a Fudd gun?

Thing about an AR is that it's modular, and infinitely customizable. The AR carbine is a platform for aftermarket gizmos and trinkets. That's what Ferd wants to do here, and it's a solid theory.
    I have multiple rifles to choose from for hunting including a new suppressed 6.5 CM chassis bolt rifle but my favorites to hunt with are my grandpa's pre '64 M70 06. Second to that is my dad's M70 06. One I'm really looking forward to taking out is the 1903 06 with irons that I just inherited that was my great grandpa's. I don't carry unless I'm bowhunting and then it's either a .357 revolver or a .44 mag revolver depending on the situation. Call me old school. Thanks for asking. I hope I can gain your approval. Actually, I don't care if I gain your approval.

Not arguing that Ford wants to make money. I'm giving a perspective as a former EB owner that I don't like their new scene. I don't believe Ford will go broke if I don't buy a new Bronco.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    No, it wouldn't have. But then how would we carry on our stimulating banter.

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I think we may have come across some weird part of the Venn diagram where the mall-crawlers, lifted truck nutters and Instagram lifestyle enthusiasts may overlap.

It's gonna be EPIC.
    Serious,
    This whole thread is ironic and epic.
    We have seen the enemy and they are us, comes to mind.
    I can hear the conversation around the fire drifting towards how approachable and maybe sessionable their hoppy IPA is and how it’s really healthier to ingest some salvia gummies to deal with their pain of being a former forest fire fighter while living above their parents detached garage apartment in aspen.
    They are probably are having a spirited debate that if the bronco comes in a standard (which is now outsold by EV’s) , lowered about 2’ and then stretched and made in Europe it would be the perfect wagon also. In fact forget the bronco, just call it the ford all road diesel.
    As they emerge from the fire fever dream they have visions of themselves in 20 years and it’s all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ford didn't use the word "sessionable" in any of these ads it's going to hurt their credibility with Bronco Nation.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    it’s all of you
    et tu?

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Ok. Talking IFS on a full on race rig for the hammers is a wee bit different. And to clarify I have a 71 bronco on 38s with solid axles that enjoy wheeling and working on. I also have a 89 4runner with ifs that has a long travel setup. It does pretty damn well but I'm still thinking about a SAS.
    My former mechanic has two 84 4runners (solid axles), both built for off-road use, and one is not street legal and is (apparently) for crawling only. Last summer, he moved the front axle forward on his crawler to reduce rubbing with the new 38s he was using.

I can't help but think of this every time it gets mentioned

Name:  BroncoNation.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  28.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I have multiple rifles to choose from for hunting including a new suppressed 6.5 CM chassis bolt rifle but my favorites to hunt with are my grandpa's pre '64 M70 06. Second to that is my dad's M70 06. One I'm really looking forward to taking out is the 1903 06 with irons that I just inherited that was my great grandpa's. I don't carry unless I'm bowhunting and then it's either a .357 revolver or a .44 mag revolver depending on the situation. Call me old school. Thanks for asking. I hope I can gain your approval. Actually, I don't give a shit if I gain your approval.

Not arguing that Ford wants to make money. I'm giving a perspective as a former EB owner that I don't like their new scene. I don't believe Ford will go broke if I don't buy a new Bronco.

I don't doubt your sincerity in the least. I also grew up in a time when hunters and gunsmiths took military weapons and made them into pieces of art much much more suitable for fair chase hunting, instead of the opposite like they seem so driven to do now. The fucking world changes, it seems. At least mall ninjas recognize the "hypermasculine" values Carhartt markets to make their money, amirite?

I think I'd rather have a Jeep than any of their iterations, and I actually kinda hate Jeeps. I just hate Ford more. But at least Jeep has a billion aftermarket parts that you can rebuild anything you want. It'll take a long time for that kind of thing to get out for a Ford.

Betting on this going the way of the FJ in a few years. Of course a EV would be slightly more intriguing, but it'd still be a Ford, and probably have multiple recalls and fuck ups before they figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Serious,
    This whole thread is ironic and epic.
    We have seen the enemy and they are us, comes to mind.
    I can hear the conversation around the fire drifting towards how approachable and maybe sessionable their hoppy IPA is and how it’s really healthier to ingest some salvia gummies to deal with their pain of being a former forest fire fighter while living above their parents detached garage apartment in aspen.
    They are probably are having a spirited debate that if the bronco comes in a standard (which is now outsold by EV’s) , lowered about 2’ and then stretched and made in Europe it would be the perfect wagon also. In fact forget the bronco, just call it the ford all road diesel.
    As they emerge from the fire fever dream they have visions of themselves in 20 years and it’s all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fkn POTD