Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Fuck no. I am approaching 2 years since I placed my reservation. They tell me late 2023 or 2024. Apparently huge problems manufacturing the hard top. I get emails from Ford telling me to change to a 4-door with a soft top and they would make one for me right now. But I am dead set on a 2-door, and they don’t offer a soft top with 2-doors. So I wait, and wait, and wait…

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    My stepdad (runs a Ford Dealership, as I said a few years/pages ago in this thread), told me to run as fast as I could from the hard tops. To wait it out. Buy something different. And he knows how badly I wanted one initially. They botched production in the middle of a pandemic. So many problems. And he won't sell me a soft top either.

I'm already seeing used ones on the market.

Neighbor directly nextdoor got a hard top with the monster wheels and it’s pretty sweet when I saw it a few weeks ago. Asked him how it’s going yesterday and it’s been in the shop since I saw it. Asked why and he said it’s a lemon and he is so very disappointed. You could see the disappointment on his face.
    I don’t need a new vehicle but I sure lusted after one of these. Bummer it’s going this bad.

Fix Or Repair Daily or Found On Road Dead? I drive a Ford, it's a piece of shit. I also have a Chevy which has been pretty reliable. Two very different animals though.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Never buy a first run of anything.
    This time is even more true.
    I have heard really good stories too though.

I saw two of the tricked out new Broncos yesterday at the local used car lot. Looked brand new, people must be dumping them

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Wonder why this engine is suddenly deciding to fail…it’s been in plenty of vehicles to date, no?
    I wonder what they changed and didn’t mention

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Ultimately though, there is a reason no one takes on the Wrangler and its because the entire premise of that niche is to go anywhere, anytime. That means the most capable vehicle in the class and there can only be one of those. Even the mall crawlers (image bros and chicks) are purchased solely because the Wrangler is king of the trail, and if you take on the king, you best not miss.
    Sounds like they missed

The Bronco seems so much more practical than a Jeep. Somewhere between a 4 runner and a Jeep.

It is too bad about tbe quality and production issues but you can get a 7 speed manual with a turbo 2.3L for heaven's sake. Same reason I bought my manual VW Alltrack. Unicorn.

I just wish they made a non convertible version. I like steel over my head. If a bolt of lightning is going to kill me I'd rather be in the backcountry doing something cool and not be in a car douching around off road with a bunch of Texans. Also our 4Runner has been such an amazing functional do it all car for so many years.

Ford is making me look despite all of this. That is a huge win.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I really don't understand why you'd buy one of these pieces of shit over a jeep. And I really don't like Jeeps either. Every person I see driving one of these Bro-ncos looks like an attention seeking douchebag. Oh, and the engines are blowing up. Big surprise.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/06/03/...WTrmnrybEbUNio

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I really don't understand why you'd buy one of these pieces of shit over a jeep. And I really don't like Jeeps either. Every person I see driving one of these Bro-ncos looks like an attention seeking douchebag. Oh, and the engines are blowing up. Big surprise.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/06/03/...WTrmnrybEbUNio
    Yea, no attention seeking douchebags in a Jeep
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1654355083.511421.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	418077

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

^^^I don’t think I’ve ever seen a stock Jeep Scrambler in the wild, every one has been tarted up. Too bad about the Broncos, they are cool looking.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Wonder why this engine is suddenly deciding to fail…it’s been in plenty of vehicles to date, no?
    I wonder what they changed and didn’t mention
    If you read the 6G forum:
    . Of the 50 engines that have failed and are listed there, all but one are from a 3 month period of Bronco builds 6/21 to 8/21.

Yes that engine is a ‘proven’ design overall but evidence points to a QA issue at the component level leading to the valve problem. I’ve only lightly read the forums but anecdata has shown owners with a lot of miles already and no issue. they were not in that 3 month engine build window as I recall.

The roof fiasco is a different fail.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Yea, no attention seeking douchebags in a Jeep

Name:	Image1654355083.511421.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	418077

Two wrongs don’t make a right. Whataboutism.

They are both suck but at least the jeep is a known entity. Lots of aftermarket everything available.

Bolt on Portal Axles kit for Bronco. https://werewolftech.com/en/catalog/...rd-bronco-2021

Not available for Putin supporters however.

Starting to see more two doors around. If I were buying one, I think I’d be looking for a two door but in a more basic, littler tires trim level.

Name:	39D28C91-D674-4BFC-8643-272C1DDEC991.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	513.6 KB 
ID:	429353

Still not a fan of the headlights

Name:	DB7F198C-B19E-40F2-91D1-B40D5C2D4A23.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	485.3 KB 
ID:	429354

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

I’ve been patiently waiting 2.5 years since I made my Bronco reservation. As an early reservation, I qualify for Price Protection from Ford at 2020 MSRP.

To be honest, I had given up on the whole Bronco deal.

I received an email from Ford last month (a) no more Price Protection after the 2023 model year, plus (b) laying it on the line about what their constraints are.

They have 3 major constraints:
    1) Wildtrack package
    2) hard top
    3) Sasquatch

My build was a 2-door Base with 7MT and Sasquatch. So I had 2 of the 3 major constraints.

I could:
    Option One = leave my build as is, risk it not being build in 2023, and lose Price Protection.

Option Two = quit my Bronco reservation altogether and receive a $2,500 gift certificate for another Ford product.

Option Three = modify my build to remove all major constraints and, while not guaranteed, I will probably get a Bronco in 2023 at a 2020 price.

I thought long and hard about it, and chose half of Option One, or maybe it’s half of Option Three. I dropped Sasquatch but kept the 2-door. So I had 1 of 3 constraints instead of 2 of 3.

And BOOM ! 2 weeks later an email from Ford gave me a build date of April 3rd.

So I’m getting a 2-door Base with 7MT in Azure Grey Metallic. With Price Protection it will cost me $27K. I’m stoked.

Name:	Image1675812539.406240.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	286.7 KB 
ID:	446673
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That's awesome! And a freaking steal.

After seeing these in the wild now for a bit, other than wondering how much people actually paid for these things after markups, I've come to think that the non-sasquatch models look much better. They are already pretty big vehicles but the sasquatch models look bloated.

Neighbor has one and it has been a lot of problems. Got hit with the well known hard top issue, check engine light 2-3 times, general Fordness. He gets a lot of comments on it though which seemed to be his main goal as he is not the offroading type so he is still happy with it.

27k for a new Bronco is a good deal. Even with used car prices dropping rapidly if you hate it you can still flip a Bronco for profit at that price.
    Live Free or Die

Harry, are you gonna put some suhweet honeycomb mag wheels on it?

Great purchase Harry; I love mine but bought on the other end of the list. 7mt badlands Lux non-squatch.

The oft overlooked issue with cost of squatch is gearing. If you aren’t going to wheel it somewhat hard it really doesn’t matter.

I’m pleased with mine and had it at Rauch creek with 750 miles on it, so it will get used. However, it is terribly impractical for use as a ski car and other activities. Such is life…

Cool Harry. You should ping me about pickup day in the unlikely event we can make something happen or I can help you somehow.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    That's awesome! And a freaking steal.
    My brother’s Brother-in-Law lives in Florida and just paid $20K ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) for his. When my brother told him I was getting one for $6,500 under MSRP the guy was pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I've come to think that the non-sasquatch models look much better. They are already pretty big vehicles but the sasquatch models look bloated.
    Agree, I’ll throw on some 33s and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Harry, are you gonna put some suhweet honeycomb mag wheels on it?

Fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    gearing.
    Mine will have 4.46 gears. My mid-70s Scout had 4.10s and I thought that was a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Cool Harry. You should ping me about pickup day in the unlikely event we can make something happen or I can help you somehow.
    Will do, I’ve got your digits. Pickup point is close to you, I will swing by and show it off.

Edit to add: Djongo was fucking with me because of a waxroom discussion we had about it. My plan for tires & wheels is to use the stock steel wheels with winter tires, and get something tasteful with 33 inch tires for summer. Probably some factory take-offs. I’m a cheapskate.
    Last edited by Harry; 02-08-2023 at 01:11 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Of my friends who have them, all have had motor issues. Didn't matter of build date.

I like the design. Just needed more QC before pushing them out to the market.

I just got my deposit back. I kept waiting to see what else they would send me. Got a calendar, hammock, playing cards, and desk calendar out of them as interest.

I must have really lucked out. Got my reservation that first day they became available, whenever that was. Got my build date Fall 2021 and took possession late January 2022. 4dr Badlands sasquatch, 7mt, hardtop build.

No real issues so far at one year and 8k miles in. Just some first year build annoyances that all have fixes and are currently getting taken care of under warranty. Window rattles, minor roof leak, hardtop creaking, siriusxm antenna issue, and an automatic update issue.

Love it so far and it's seriously fun offroad.