Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I have a base model reserved.
    I was interested to see what your impressions were....

It's another softroad mall crawler IFS turdbo 4cyl shitbox. But I'm buying it for the shop, and we have talk of V8s and solid axles. I have 1 guy working for me who ran the Baja 1000 in the co-driver seat of the trophy truck version and one guy who bleeds mustang, so maybe something cool will happen?

Any dentists on here want the first solid axle swapped v8 bronco? You still have time to choose between the Coyote, the Voodoo and the new 7.3 for your engine, and you may choose a fabricated ford 9" or a dana 60 for the front. Dana 60 rear will be mandatory. Since international travel to St. Moritz is limited, why not have a screaming eagle of a Ford Bronco to fill the hole in your heart?

I'd expect nothing less.

I heard the first edition allocations sold out within three hours of the formal announcement.

Time to investigate Ford stock.

Is reserving a vehicle just giving them a heads up that you are willing to pay full retail? No thanks.

So everyone is saying Base+Sasquatch which gives you the big tires and bilstein and front and rear lockers and 7 speed manual. What isn't to like? You still need to add sliders and skids on this right? But what is the price for sasquatch package + 4 door base? I ran out of patience trying to navigate website.

My guess it still gets close to 4R Trail/TRD especially with no discount early on.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Is reserving a vehicle just giving them a heads up that you are willing to pay full retail? No thanks.
    On the first year of a new platform. I'm kind of a ford guy but...I'd probably wait a year or two.

I told my brother last night I want to own the first 2 door salvage title bronco and build the shit out of it. Or, have TAFKALVS build the shit out of it.

Have yet to see exact pricing spelled out by ford except for starting at*, esp wrt packages, saw the jalop article 2 days ago and guestimates in the comments for sasquatch pricing was anywhere from 3500 to 6K.

$29999 for base model with no add-ons
    1495 for D&D
    Let's assume $3500 for squatch (I think that's very optimistic)

$35K before tt&l

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    If pricing is "normal" for new Bronco work, aftermarket lockers are going to be about $1,500/axle installed, buy the gears and do the work while doing lockers and gears will be about $400/axle in parts, beadlocks are about $500/wheel, 35's are about $250-300/tire, shocks are probably $200-300/shock.

If you have any desire to have any of this stuff whether new or someday, it would be a deal at $6k and it would make sense to have have Ford install and warranty. Buy the Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    On the first year of a new platform. I'm kind of a ford guy but...I'd probably wait a year or two.

I told my brother last night I want to own the first 2 door salvage title bronco and build the shit out of it. Or, have TAFKALVS build the shit out of it.
    For sure. You are dreaming though. I see kiddos and 4 doors in your future.

Jax thanks. 3500 seems dirty cheap. My guess is the Badlands is going to end up being the package since it comes with everything and more than I could possibly need. Give the market time to settle and buy at 500 over invoice. Hope they stick it out with the 7 speed manual. I really could see this replacing our aging but bomber 2003 4R. Better fuel economy, stick, better off road, a little smaller which would be fine with one kid spreading his wings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Have yet to see exact pricing spelled out by ford except for starting at*, esp wrt packages, saw the jalop article 2 days ago and guestimates in the comments for sasquatch pricing was anywhere from 3500 to 6K.

$29999 for base model with no add-ons
    1495 for D&D

$35K before tt&l
    I think 29950 was with destination included.

Two quick comments:

- As I wrote many pages ago, the 2.3L 4 cyl is the only manual option. No idea how you guys got sidetracked into nonexistent 2.3 V6 land, but Car & Driver has some very clear summary pages that splain all the configurations and some cogent comparisons to the Wrangler line if anyone is confused

- Generally Ford ticked the various boxes well and avoided a plasticky fake mall crawler result, but turns out they did fuck up something. The ‘base model manual + Sasquatch wheels/suspension’ (which includes a 1.2” lift as I recall) is NOT an available configuration. Yes all the official brochures implied that it would be available, and yes forums tend to spotlight it as the value configuration that interests them, but https://jalopnik.com/a-2021-ford-bro...e-b-1844394812 confirms it ain’t happening unless thousands contact Ford and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    It is. Says so right on ford's site.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I was bitching about stick shifts early in the thread for nostalgic purposes because my ‘72 had a NP435. Really, the 10 spd with selectable gears is probably a better fit for offroading for a majority of us a majority of the time. But a 310 hp short wheelbase wrist shaker would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I see that now. Thank you.

No Sasquatch on the manual. Knew it was too good to be true for the base model.

So, maybe still looking at a minimum $35K vehicle if you want the stick with best off-road prowess because you build up the base on your own. Or you just say fuck it, and go upmarket with one of the higher-spec’d models and leave it at that. Or just buy the 10-speed to get the base + Sasquatch. I see what they did there.

Chink in the armor for sure but at least there’s a manual at all. Whoever wrote and approved that spec sheet should be feeling the heat right about now. It’s like handing a toddler a sparkly wrapped gift, and then taking it away before they can open it.
    Last edited by Jax; 07-16-2020 at 05:07 AM.

So everyone is saying Base+Sasquatch which gives you the big tires and bilstein and front and rear lockers and 7 speed manual. What isn't to like? You still need to add sliders and skids on this right? But what is the price for sasquatch package + 4 door base? I ran out of patience trying to navigate website.

My guess it still gets close to 4R Trail/TRD especially with no discount early on.
    Ford exec on twitter said Sasquatch plus manual is unobtainable.

There is the caveat we all knew was coming.

Just got a manual Taco TRD-OR this year. Had to get one more car w/ a stick before they went extinct. Love it. But the auto version comes w/crawl control which I hear is sweet.

Kind of a bummer, but were I to get a Bronco, I wouldn't really want 35s and I'd probably go automatic unless my wife gets better at driving a manual in the next couple of years.

I figured it would take the Badlands. Personally the smaller tires with all the skid gadgets and lockers and the manual would be the sweet spot. I crawl hyper slow and appreciate mileage more than the extra clearance.

.. I crawl hyper slow and appreciate mileage more than the extra clearance.

Same. It's all about the tire placement and 4WD skills for majority of trails for camping and exploration for my tastes anymore. I had no intentions of making this a trailer queen nor winch-reliant trail rig. YMMV

I read on other forums that Mike Levine, ford exec, said to send him your thoughts on twitter, that they are open to hearing it, yada yada. Lip service. And apparently there is already a petition, #savethemansquatch, but I haven't tried to find it. As I said a few pages back, as usual, the manual enthusiast is forced to make concessions on trim levels or drivetrain, thus further eroding sales of said manual, so the bean counters can say "see, they don't sell".

I bet they drop the manual completely after the first or second year unless every single person that wants an MT ponies up and puts their money where their mouth is for this rollout, sasquatch be damned. Not likely. Ford being Ford. Sigh.

Yep. Remember the 2.3L Escape Manual? It lasted about a year. I test drove one and they were cheap garbage so maybe not applicable - hopefully.

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

You do realize companies like to make money. If more than 2-3% of people wanted manuals they would make them.
    People don’t want them so they don’t make them. The few that have tried get burned and selling one is hard also. People don’t buy them.
    Outside a few enthusiasts who claim manuals are awesome, which mainly exist on message boards, nobody cares, it’s not profitable.
    I dropped off my 03 tacoma at a high volume dealership for a yearly oil change.
    When they didn’t bring it around, the service writer admitted not a single employee, mechanic, salesman etc. could drive a manual and return the car to me. So I had to go into the bay and drive it home.
    This dealership probably sells 300-500 cars a month.
    But the Manual and out your own 35’s on, but I guarantee op comment about uptake rate is correct.
    2-3 years max manual goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome thoughts on the automatic transfer case on higher spec’d models. This and the manual not being available on the 6cyl are my 2 biggest disappointments. Would be nice to have a diesel manual, but I may as well go try to catch a unicorn rather than hold out hopes on that.

Back to transfer case - I always hated 4wd vehicles that don’t let you select when you’re going 2wd-4wd. Concern misplaced or is this the direction things are headed and I should accept it? This is coming from a guy who bought 207 pre slalom skis on the front end of the parabolic revolution. I clearly was wrong about that...

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Welcome thoughts on the automatic transfer case on higher spec’d models. This and the manual not being available on the 6cyl are my 2 biggest disappointments. Would be nice to have a diesel manual, but I may as well go try to catch a unicorn rather than hold out hopes on that.

Back to transfer case - I always hated 4wd vehicles that don’t let you select when you’re going 2wd-4wd. Concern misplaced or is this the direction things are headed and I should accept it? This is coming from a guy who bought 207 pre slalom skis on the front end of the parabolic revolution. I clearly was wrong about that...
    You can select 2wd 4wd or a hybrid type 4 auto which is kinda like awd. You just push the mode you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    You do realize companies like to make money...
    Really that's just stating the obvious. But for ford to go out of their way and create a brand new manual transmission, the '7th' gear being specifically to crawl, and not offer that new tech to go along with their best package that's made for crawling, is shortsighted at best. Specifically when they state in their billion dollar ad campaign about 'true' customization. They really dropped the ball, err, clutch on this one.

Jesus. Ncskier reads us the riot act on manuals in Merica as if we needed that today. Off to bed.