Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    So anyone willing to wait an extra 6mths for the 7MT with Sasquatch option? Was planning for some top-door off driving next summer and would rather not wait any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    For those complaining about the Sasquatch package being unavailable with the base manual, it seems like Ford is at least testing it on the manual truck, so we'll see where that leads.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-spotted-te...pac-1845104390
    Fuck yeah!!! This is great news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Fuck yeah!!! This is great news!!!
    It’s happening...

B&P pushed back to October. Anxious to see pricing/packaging options.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    1992 Ford Bronco · Sport Utility 2D
    $3,500

1992 Ford Bronco. 302 V-8 fuel injected engine. Headers. 5 speed manual transmission. Previous owner put in a new clutch and some front end steering components he said and it looks like he did. 6" lift, near new 33" tires. Previous owner also had the front bucket seats completely reupholstered $800. 167k miles. Runs and sounds good with the headers. CASH in person sales only. No trades. Serious inquiries only. Walla Walla Washington. Clean clear title.

I had one of those long ago. The 302 is time tested but hugely uninspiring.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I had one of those long ago. The 302 is time tested but hugely uninspiring.
    Ditto. 302 but blew the transmission. Still have found memories somehow. However gas was hovering around 1.50ish.

Pretty impressed they actually listened regarding 7mt and sasquatch package(still feel dumb saying that out loud...)

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    So anyone willing to wait an extra 6mths for the 7MT with Sasquatch option? Was planning for some top-door off driving next summer and would rather not wait any longer.
    As of right now, I am planning on a bare-bones Base model with MT and adding slightly bigger tires. I will consider adding the Sasquatch when they finally announce the price. But I can’t see spending $5K-$6K (admittedly a good deal for what it adds) when all I will use it for is putt-putting around my mountain town. It would look cool though.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

When you all start getting your Broncos, just try and not be like this Jeep guy:
    There's a Jeep Wrangler Dangling Off a Cliff in California After Some Fool Drove Up a Bike Trail
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/36651/...p-a-bike-trail

If i saw that on a trail i'd be thinking about if it would be possible for me and my buddies to roll it off the side.

Call austin powers to perform the three point turn and get that thing turned around! Damn!

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    When you all start getting your Broncos, just try and not be like this Jeep guy:
    There's a Jeep Wrangler Dangling Off a Cliff in California After Some Fool Drove Up a Bike Trail

Brand aside; that sucks. Eff those types of people. They ruin access for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    As of right now, I am planning on a bare-bones Base model with MT and adding slightly bigger tires. I will consider adding the Sasquatch when they finally announce the price. But I can’t see spending $5K-$6K (admittedly a good deal for what it adds) when all I will use it for is putt-putting around my mountain town. It would look cool though.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I could see a very strong argument for squatch as value add to base if you plan to wheel in it. Gets you lockers and better suspension among I’m sure other things without getting forced into higher end package add ons. Rumors of pretty cheap after market sway bar disconnect. Won’t matter for trips to town of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

I hope some mountain bikers stole all his Smashmouth and Britney Spears CDs out of his visor sleeves.

I could see a very strong argument for squatch as value add to base if you plan to wheel in it. Gets you lockers and better suspension among I’m sure other things without getting forced into higher end package add ons. Rumors of pretty cheap after market sway bar disconnect. Won’t matter for trips to town of course.
    My argument would be that if Harry decides to get the locker(s) I would be more than happy to show him some really fun spots. Or maybe he already knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I hope some mountain bikers stole all his Smashmouth and Britney Spears CDs out of his visor sleeves.
    Hahahaha. Solid comment.

One of the comments in the Drive piece cracked me up with the following Zoolander gif that is exactly how I pictured this misadventure going:

"It's a Jeep thing. You wouldn't understand."

*Jeep Wrangler laughs in 6.4 liter Hemi*
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    *Jeep Wrangler laughs in 6.4 liter Hemi*
    That’s gonna end up like a Mustang leaving a cars n coffee.

Guarantee it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Went to see my '95 project yesterday.
    Tranny fluid all over the floor, empty hole where the engine used to be, engine up on the hoist, parts laying all over the floor.
    Looked just like that scene where the dude rips the still beating heart out in Indiana Jones.

Sourcing a new throttle body and injectors right now, since the Ford OEM ones are apparently made of unobtanium.
    Ford wanted $2,000 for a throttle body and 8 injectors.
    I got a much higher performance throttle body and brand new 19# injectors for about $700.
    Looks like I will be in this thing for about $9,000 with a 0 mile engine.
    Interior and paint will need to be done, and new wheels and tires.
    It had headers already, and a K&N filter kit, so those 2 add ons pretty much covered my purchase price.

Fun stuff

What I'm really waiting for is to see if Ford will announce a plug in hybrid version to compete with the Wrangler 4xe. If they did, I would be interested in a smaller wheeled 4 door version as an everyday and adventure vehicle. If they don't, I might still consider a base model (ideally 2 door) with the Sasquatch package as a second car for exploring rougher trails closer to home. I love manuals, but unless my wife gets better at driving our current car, I'd probably go for the automatic so she could drive it. I want to have whatever plug in car we end up as my commuter.

Some Jeep group rallied and got it out without a helicopter.

No word on the Smashmouth CDs.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    What I'm really waiting for is to see if Ford will announce a plug in hybrid version to compete with the Wrangler 4xe. If they did, I would be interested in a smaller wheeled 4 door version as an everyday and adventure vehicle. If they don't, I might still consider a base model (ideally 2 door) with the Sasquatch package as a second car for exploring rougher trails closer to home. I love manuals, but unless my wife gets better at driving our current car, I'd probably go for the automatic so she could drive it. I want to have whatever plug in car we end up as my commuter.
    Pretty sure it has already been speculated after the E Mustang launch, plus Ford has a major stake in Rivian now, and the front grille of the Bronco sort of looks Rivianesque.

Edit- you said plug in Hybrid, not full Electric.
    This article spells it out-

https://www.tflcar.com/2020/08/2022-...rid-leak-news/

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Pretty sure it has already been speculated after the E Mustang launch, plus Ford has a major stake in Rivian now, and the front grille of the Bronco sort of looks Rivianesque.

Edit- you said plug in Hybrid, not full Electric.
    This article spells it out-

https://www.tflcar.com/2020/08/2022-...rid-leak-news/
    I saw that leak and have been eagerly following, but they basically just seem to be speculating that the Bronco Hybrid will be using a system similar to either the Explorer or F150 hybrid. Which is not exactly shocking, but it also seems like they actually had no new info in that article but could guess enough to write an article to generate clicks, so we'll see. Both the Explorer and F150 are standard rather than plug in hybrids. The sweet spot for me is a plug in hybrid as I could run it on electricity to work and back but still fill up in random desert towns. Ford has a plug in hybrid Escape, so we'll see. It might be more likely on the Bronco Sport, but I'm hoping that the buzz that Jeep is trying to build for the advantages of electric power for offroading will pressure Ford into offering something more similar to the 4xe.

I also hope that the hybrid trim is available on reasonably optioned versions of the truck. With the Explorer, it's only offered on the Limited. I'd hope on the Bronco that it would be offered on something like the Black Diamond trim.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Watched the video today. Looked like a clean recovery but hoping the drivers get dinged on that one.

Jeep owners group rallying to make sure they don't get shut down from running any trails.
    Yeah, that guy is getting dinged in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

I hope there was an oversized zorb involved? Otherwise, meh.

Sent from my SM-G935P using TGR Forums mobile app

All time.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."