Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Yes that, but also, CAFE standards from what I understand.
    Didn't Trump just repeal or roll them back? I suppose the yo-yo effect if Biden gets in and puts the CAFE standards back in place.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    i love it. you nailed it, i am super fake.

and the F150. it is my work truck w/ a 8ft bed, 3.5l and 36 gallon tank. it's a flying couch and with a piss bucket i can go 700 miles before a stop.

thanks for the lesson
    We obviously don't know you, unless you recently change your username. I think he was more referring to your e-persona you were projecting in your previous posts.

I didn't think that some people would take personal offense to Ford releasing one of the most iconic 4x4's of all time in a new, yet classic form. Learn something all the time.

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I don't think there was any personal offense taken. I read it more like the shit talking that happens between 4Runner/Taco/FJ owners and Heap owners.

If I'm wrong and I've offended anyone, then fuck your mother.

So, how many of you have purchased a new vehicle before without even test driving it, let alone knowing what it it will truly feel like? How many of you are willing to do it again with this Bronco?

I mean, it's not like they even released interior photos with more detail yet. I want to see how the rear seats fold in the 4-door. And I want to see more detailed pics of the roll bar on the 2 door with the top off. I want to see the speakers and locations. I want to touch and feel the carpet that will be installed on the base model. I want to see the Aux switches on the overhead and hear the sound of the doors when they shut. Are they 'tinny' or solid...And I kinda want to see the paint in real person as I'm a geek for that stuff. Some metallics paints are good, others not to my liking. I want to see the quality and consistency of the flakes. Ford typically has nice, thick and durable paint if taken care of but I'd like to confirm. Most importantly, I want to feel the play in the stick shift when running through gears as well as the pedal feel in general.

I don't plan on putting this through the ringer like my Rover, where pinstripes and dings are not of my concern. I kinda want to baby it while offroad, at least until the newness wears off.

Also, really, how much is the sasquatch going to set me back? $3500 or 6Gs?

I did not reserve, and I will choose to wait until I can drive one for these reasons, and also in case any bigger gremlins pop up. But still, base + sasquatch, if I could. I love the styling and it's growing on me more and more. Classic but not a parody retro like the FJ was. Being a rover person, it really does fill the void that the old Defender left in my heart, and it takes away the angst of the rubbish the new Defender is.

The UI/UX on ford.com is all fluff. I understand covid has changed the dynamics of a marketing rollout as big as this, and perhaps they moved it forward to better gauge production and to better forecast numbers and not take as big of a hit with all of the unknowns. I know there is attrition as with most car manufacturers right now. It makes sense they piece-mealed the website in my mind to accommodate for this earlier rollout. But still...need moar details. It's a big purchase and one that, for me, comes from the heart. I can't even find the size of the damned gas tank.

I did find $1495 for the Destination and Delivery fee tucked away at the bottom in this slightly more descriptive blurb from Ford's media site. https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...or-models.html

Tl;dr I'm waiting for more details

^Agreed on all accounts.

Despite what I said about the picture with the tinyman posted earlier I really do like the look and specs (so far).

That was a great post, Jax, and it made me think of Toyota "quality:" every single door on my 4Runner makes a distinct and different sound when you shut them.

Cheers. One beer deep. I haven't been on my bike in a month because dr's orders.... gives me more time to fuck off on tgr.

Who knew we had a bronco emoticon

So, how many of you have purchased a new vehicle before without even test driving it, let alone knowing what it it will truly feel like? How many of you are willing to do it again with this Bronco?

I haven't and don't plan to here. I bought a first model year Ford before and had a number of annoying issues (seats stuck folded, etc.). From a mechanical point of view it's been solid and I suspect they out much more effort into the Bronco, but still I'll wait and see how things develop.

But in any case, the reservations being taken now aren't worth much given that people will have to go through dealers anyway. I imagine a test drive or at least closer inspection will be possible for most potential buyers.

This tease and deposit is from the Tesla playbook. It's great for manufacturers to see interest before committing to production, but Tesla did it because, I think, they were too broke to start production. Most likely, and unlike Tesla, Ford will have a prototype to drive at many dealers way before they fulfill orders. Just a guess but that is based on the teaser videos with functional vehicles which looks kinda real to me. I'd put a deposit down now, if it's fully re-fundable, and also presuming you can test drive one before delivery.

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

I am seriously looking at a new Bronco. I swore I would absolutely never buy another Ford product in my life after Ford fucked me over with a warranty issue in the mid-90’s on a brand new full size Bronco.

Anyway, I’m willing to forgive my 25 year grudge. I like the idea of the 2.3 turbo with manual trans, so probably the 2-door base model is what I will get.

I have not been following this thread, is the $100 deposit paid on Fords website or to the dealer directly ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

$100 to Ford; you’ll get an email from the dealer you ‘selected’ - or at least I did.

Also, I am advised by what I consider to be reliable sources that they will have pre-production vehicles allocated to certain higher tier regional dealers to promo the line before orders need to be completed. If true, works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I am seriously looking at a new Bronco. I swore I would absolutely never buy another Ford product in my life after Ford fucked me over with a warranty issue in the mid-90’s on a brand new full size Bronco.

Anyway, I’m willing to forgive my 25 year grudge. I like the idea of the 2.3 turbo with manual trans, so probably the 2-door base model is what I will get.

I have not been following this thread, is the $100 deposit paid on Fords website or to the dealer directly ?

You go through the Ford website, enter your zip code, choose the closest dealer, and go through the checkout process. My credit card bill looked like it was billed from the dealer but the checkout process was all through the website.

Yeah. Not super impressed but better than expected. If I had cash I'd be waiting a year or so and grabbing a base trim with sasquatch(? How much?). The overland crowd(and most people) who could give zero fucks about a solid front axle will eat this shit up. F/R lockers, solid gearing, and a platform that is very easily customized screams #blahblahblah. Seems perfectly reasonable that you can't get the bigger motor in the 7mt... I hate the meme but definitely still see the FJ influence a bit too much.

And if harry gets one I'm calling shotgun next time I'm back in the big dump.

As the owner of a 4runner and a long time Toyota fanboy, I don't want to love this truck. But I do. I don't even want the pimped out version, the 2.3 with a plateau shaped torque curve, manual, 2 door, whatever. Sounds fun as shit. And even if it's a Ford, at least there's a warranty. Ford's gonna sell the shit out of these.

So the 2.3 can get a stick too? I thought it was only the 4 banger.
    That 2.3 can be tuned pretty easily. I think they get some pretty hefty numbers out of that thing.
    Livewire is the tuner I heard about.

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    So the 2.3 can get a stick too? I thought it was only the 4 banger.
    I thought the 2.3 was a 4-cylinder. Maybe I read it wrong ??? And I think it is the only motor you can get the manual with.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

The 2.3 is a 4 cylinder. The 2.7 is the 6. Both are ecoboost but I know nothing about tuning, so whether you can do the 4 too, I have no idea.

It's a V6.

I will admit to some ignorance on this front. I think that both the 2.3 and 2.7 are V6 Ecoboost but I could be wrong. I definitely know that only the 2.3, whether 4 or 6 cylinder, is the only option for a manual transmission. Much gnashing of teeth on the Bronco forums.

I think the 2.3 is the Ranger motor and the 2.7 the f150 motor. But again, dumbass here.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    The 2.3 is a 4 cylinder. The 2.7 is the 6. Both are ecoboost but I know nothing about tuning, so whether you can do the 4 too, I have no idea.
    Yeah, I just didn't put it together. Somewhere in there I thought they were offering 3 engine options.
    The Ranger and Mustang both have that 2.3, so I mistakingly thought that was a 6 cylinder.
    They do tune it though- get an extra 30-40 HP and 30 lbs out of it I read.

See this article for a better breakdown of pricing options.
    Comments at the end indicate Sasquatch package will be 4-6.5 wish adder.

https://jalopnik.com/2021-ford-bronc...lai-1844371574

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Notice how the chick drives the Bronco Sport

I'll take 2-Door Rapid Red Badlands + Lux 2.3 7MT please.

But real world will probably be base + sasquatch
    I’m glad I’m not the only who noticed the “sport” model was driven by a chick. I can’t believe there isn’t more of an uproar about that. That commercial basically says the front wheel drive “crossover” version is for the girls, and the rear wheel drive “truck” version if for they boys.
    Last edited by This End Up; 07-15-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Ford really blew it with the Bronco Sport name. What about all those people who have been waiting for a new Bronco II since 1990?
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    It's a V6.
    That link says it’s an inline 4 cylinder.

I have a base model reserved.