Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Jeep owners group rallying to make sure they don't get shut down from running any trails.
    Yeah, that guy is getting dinged in many ways.
    That is in CA, so the Jeep will be blamed on mountain bikers.

Build and price is finally up - so I guess that’s progress.

Lots of strange packages and bundling requirements. Want the big stereo? It takes the lux package with adaptive cruise, lane departure assistance and a host of other goodies I really don’t need.

No x plan. That’s disappointing.

Plenty of color and option choices will push back the timing by 6 or more months before you stand a chance of having your reservation fulfilled.

Oh well - at least there’s some progress.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Build and price is finally up - so I guess that’s progress.

Lots of strange packages and bundling requirements. Want the big stereo? It takes the lux package with adaptive cruise, lane departure assistance and a host of other goodies I really don’t need.

No x plan. That’s disappointing.

Plenty of color and option choices will push back the timing by 6 or more months before you stand a chance of having your reservation fulfilled.

Oh well - at least there’s some progress.
    I've heard lots of frustration on the maddening bundling nonsense, but that's where I think Harry has the right idea. Just go with the base model, 7-ish speed manual with steelies, which is plenty good right out the gate. Accessorize later on down the road as desired. I predict the aftermarket's gonna be STRONG on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I've heard lots of frustration on the maddening bundling nonsense, but that's where I think Harry has the right idea. Just go with the base model, 7-ish speed manual with steelies, which is plenty good right out the gate. Accessorize later on down the road as desired. I predict the aftermarket's gonna be STRONG on this one.
    Can see the logic in that approach, but strongest argument against would be gearing options and lockers. That is incredibly expensive to add after market (particularly gearing if you want something other than pizza cutter wheels). If you want what I assume is a pretty nice stereo and 12” screen you’re sucked into higher models. I don’t want to mess with electronics in the after market.

Ppl have to be straight up retarded to finance roof top tents (if that’s your bag), winch, light bars and even the factory tow hitch setup. The market place will be competitive and I’d rather add things I want as I go than finance that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Can see the logic in that approach, but strongest argument against would be gearing options and lockers.
    Definitely true. The factory gearing/locker options are actually a great value. Unfortunately they also try suckering you into unnecessarily high trim levels when tacking one or two things on like that.

Disappointing.

Not able to select a manual sasquatch like they stated you would be able to. Was expecting not to get mine until about a year from now but would like to see it as an option.
    Last edited by Soups; 10-23-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Some Jeep group rallied and got it out without a helicopter.
    Then they rolled it off the hill to celebrate!

No word on the Smashmouth CDs.
    #FreeBritney

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Disappointing.

Not able to select a manual sasquatch like they stated you would be able to. Was expecting not to get mine until about a year from now but would like to see it as an option.
    When Ford confirmed a month ago that option would be available after all, they got a lot of positive press. Maybe the configurator server room needs a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Disappointing.

It remains an option if you want to wait 6 mths and take delivery closer to Xmas at best. Just can’t build and price it yet. Supposed to be able to order in December, but late fulfillment for that, certain colors and the different roof option. All sorts of supply chain problems I assume- either that or they don’t know how to get it going right.

Yeah. Pretty sure I'm going to wait until 2022 now. Want a white top and refuse to get black leather/vinyl interior again. Hate it in the Denver summers. Guess I'll wait and see what happens come December when I talk with the dealer. Don't want to settle on this when I've already waited this long and will be spending over $55k.

Just annoying as I guess I'll be keeping my 13yr old car for another 2 years!

Maybe I'll get to at least test drive one now before purchasing.
    Last edited by Soups; 10-23-2020 at 04:42 PM.

My daughter's (My) Bronco will be coming home next week, hopefully:

Before:

During:

New Parts:

Coming Soon:

So apparently there's a new Mockumentary about "John Bronco" that's on Hulu. Looks great.

https://www.hulu.com/movie/john-bron...7-b7254797486e

My daughter's (My) Bronco will be coming home next week, hopefully:

Before:

During:

New Parts:

Coming Soon:

Things that make you say "fuck yeah" thread worthy.
    Live Free or Die

Thanks Mang, I think poor financial decisions should at least be fun.

Getting there:

I saw a new Bronco on the road today. It's much smaller than I was expecting and I'm sorta unimpressed. Maybe the silver color of this one just didn't do it justice idk.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Things that make you say "fuck yeah" thread worthy.
    Getting there:

Yeah, that's definitely Things That Make You Say Fuck Yeah worthy.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I saw a new Bronco on the road today. It's much smaller than I was expecting and I'm sorta unimpressed. Maybe the silver color of this one just didn't do it justice idk.
    Was it a Sport? I spotted one, for a few nanoseconds I thought I was looking at the real deal new Bronco, but it was the fake one for Subaru mom buyers. Flippen mind bend with Ford's new name sharing/styling strategy.

I doubt the new Bronco disappoints my eyes IRL. YMMV

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Was it a Sport? I spotted one, for a few nanoseconds I thought I was looking at the real deal new Bronco, but it was the fake one for Subaru mom buyers. Flippen mind bend with Ford's new name sharing/styling strategy.

I doubt the new Bronco disappoints my eyes IRL. YMMV

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    You are correct, sir. Thought the same thing when I thought I spotted a "Bronco." Then I saw the Sport part of it. A lame bastardization of the namesake. The REAL Bronco however, looks like it should be pretty rad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

No, I've seen one of those. This was a 2 door, grey. Had Michigan mfgr plates with a couple CB whip things, and steel wheels I assume it was a pre-production road test.

I came up on it from behind on 3 lane hwy and thought it was a new D90 from behind or maybe a new Wrangler body style. It's rather nondescript from back and side until you see the front grille. I guess I was expecting something as big as the 1980's version.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You are correct, sir. Thought the same thing when I thought I spotted a "Bronco." Then I saw the Sport part of it. A lame bastardization of the namesake. The REAL Bronco however, looks like it should be pretty rad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    If you think that's bastardization, you should really check out what wears the Blazer name in the Chevy lineup these days.
    I still call it The Jake.

Bronco Sports are terrible. They should not have rolled them out prior to the "real" versions.

They're basically an Escape with a Bronco grille?

Is the Bronco Sport just a rebadged Geo Tracker?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    If you think that's bastardization, you should really check out what wears the Blazer name in the Chevy lineup these days.
    For real. When I saw the new "Blazer" and then the even worse "Trailblazer," I thought I was gonna puke. F. U. GM!!!