Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Yeah, did some reading and found that the Bronco Sport is based on an Escape, fwd platform, unibody. Posermobile.
    So, for work I’ve driven a 2016 and now have a 2021 Escape. Gotta say for a commuter/grocery getter/forest road vehicle it has actually impressed me. And that opinion is coming from someone who wanted to hate it from day one. Their transmissions are made of tin foil and can’t handle the 4 banger eco boost. Other than that though, pretty sweet little ride that is surprisingly capable.

I couldn’t believe it made it through the wind drifts on the road this morning. Definitely should have gotten stuck but didn’t.

That being said, the Escape fits its niche, and does it well. Trying to Escape the Bronco is a fucked up play by Ford, yet plenty of people will buy into it.

Saw one in the wild today on the drive home. Wasn't horribly impressive looking. Looks like a boxy escape. Surprising lack of ground clearance. The black color looked good though.

Not sure which trim package though. Do they have a soccer mom and a big kid version?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

As has been discussed in this thread, you didn’t see a Bronco. You saw the Bronco sport that’s based on the Ford Escape platform.

This looks like it can be fun
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 7.13.54 AM.png
Views: 594
Size:  727.0 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Saw one in the wild today on the drive home.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I was gonna ask: where are these things? I've seen exactly one new Bronco. It was on I75 in Florida. No other sightings...not even on local dealer lots.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

We have someone with the sport version driving around town here too. Again nothing special looking with that model. I'm sure the off-road oriented models will start making their way into town with MTBs strapped to the back in the coming months.

I see them all over the place every day. Silly little thing that sure doesn't look like it's worth the price.

I've seen several sports here in Jackson. No real deal Bronco's yet.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I was gonna ask: where are these things? I've seen exactly one new Bronco. It was on I75 in Florida. No other sightings...not even on local dealer lots.
    I-80 eastbound in Davis, CA. If you hurry it might still be there.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Wrangler was main target. Bronco 2 door WB smidge longer than Wrangler, 4 door WB smidge shorter than Wrangler. Angles are comparable, depend on wheel and suspension pkg.

Perhaps AR doesn’t consider the Wrangler to be sized for off road use.
    I missed this, but there is a lot more to off roading than just entry, departure, and breakover angles.

It was the primary, well the solid axle thing also, reason I got rid of my FJ, was the bloated nature of the rest of the body. I took out a lot of unnecessary plastic wheeling that thing and it was quite annoying, as it wasn't an exclusive trail rig where I didn't give a shit about looks.
    Live Free or Die

ARB build. If they ever start shipping this summer, these things are gonna be sweet.
    The aftermarket is going to be nuts since most of the parts are easy to remove, like bumpers, fenders, and quarter panels.

Been seeing more and more Bronco Sports around town. Those things are a hideous travesty to the Bronco name. Looking forward to seeing the "REAL" Bronco, though. The Bronco Sport is Ford's new interpretation of the Mustang II. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    ARB build. If they ever start shipping this summer, these things are gonna be sweet.
    The aftermarket is going to be nuts since most of the parts are easy to remove, like bumpers, fenders, and quarter panels.

Pathetic, lol . That's a compensatory vehicle if I've ever seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Been seeing more and more Bronco Sports around town. Those things are a hideous travesty to the Bronco name. Looking forward to seeing the "REAL" Bronco, though. The Bronco Sport is Ford's new interpretation of the Mustang II. Haha.
    If only they'd sold a smaller, less capable Bronco in th past to relate it to... Ha

Naming controversy aside, the Bronco Sport seems like a pretty ideal vehicle for a big part of the population that are outdoor hobbyists, but don't really need a true off road rig. It's got a big of ground clearance and reasonably capable AWD (esp I'm Badlands trim). It's smallish, but has a squarish cargo area that maximizes useable space. It's reasonably efficient (at least compared to the real off road alternatives. I really think that half of the people buying Wranglers/4Runners/etc for their "overland" adventures would be perfectly fine in Bronco Sport. I'm very interested in the light truck they're releasing soon that's built on the same platform.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    If only they'd sold a smaller, less capable Bronco in th past to relate it to... Ha
    Oh, yeah. I COMPLETELY forgot about the POS that was the Bronco II. So utterly forgettable that I forgot it even existed for a moment there. Brain fart. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Naming controversy aside, the Bronco Sport seems like a pretty ideal vehicle for a big part of the population that are outdoor hobbyists, but don't really need a true off road rig. It's got a big of ground clearance and reasonably capable AWD (esp I'm Badlands trim). It's smallish, but has a squarish cargo area that maximizes useable space. It's reasonably efficient (at least compared to the real off road alternatives. I really think that half of the people buying Wranglers/4Runners/etc for their "overland" adventures would be perfectly fine in Bronco Sport. I'm very interested in the light truck they're releasing soon that's built on the same platform.
    If only it weren't so freaking hideous. IMO they look even worse in person than the pictures can convey. The proportions on it just look so wonky. ALMOST as bad as the Chevy Trax/Buick Encore. God, I hate those things so much every time I see them out on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Oh, yeah. I COMPLETELY forgot about the POS that was the Bronco II. So utterly forgettable that I forgot it even existed for a moment there. Brain fart. Haha.

If only it weren't so freaking hideous. IMO they look even worse in person than the pictures can convey. The proportions on it just look so wonky. ALMOST as bad as the Chevy Trax/Buick Encore. God, I hate those things so much every time I see them out on the road.
    Chevy Trax = 155 horsepower

Ford Bronco Sport = 245 horsepower

Totally the same....

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Chevy Trax = 155 horsepower

Ford Bronco Sport = 245 horsepower

Totally the same....
    Wasn't talking horsepower but rather their odd proportions. Now if we're talking base model to base model, the Trax has 138 hp versus the Bronco Sport's 181 horse turbo 3-banger. Still both ugly as sin no matter how you slice it, though. Hope you didn't give up on your Bronco proper pre-order and settled for a Sport!

Montucky all Bronco-woke like he's doing us a favor. GTFO with that whining. FFS...

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Dammit. I already bought a Bronco Sport!
    FIFY. You got a hook for your purse in there like some other SUVs?

i think they got a good niche. it seems a little less "jeep wrangler" than the wrangler but not totally suv/cross-over. as a grand Cherokee person, the wrangler is too much "jeep" for me but the bronco seems to not go all balls out on the jeep side unless you want to pay for that type of bronco.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

I'll gladly run over you with one.

Ford will sell a shitload of Bronco Sports. Huge market for that kind of vehicle. Look at the Jeep Compass, they sell a shitload of those dumb things. Bronco Sport blows that thing away.

And yes, I do have a reservation (now converted to an order) for a full-size Bronco. 2-door with a manual trans. 🤠 Giddy up.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ford will sell a shitload of Bronco Sports. Huge market for that kind of vehicle. Look at the Jeep Compass, they sell a shitload of those dumb things. Bronco Sport blows that thing away.
    Oh, there's no doubting that. Enough tools out there buying all sorts of lame-o CUVs in droves. They will sell millions of these sports, no question.

And yes, I do have a reservation (now converted to an order) for a full-size Bronco. 2-door with a manual trans. �� Giddy up.
    Oh, thank God. Can't wait for the TR!

And yes, I do have a reservation (now converted to an order) for a full-size Bronco. 2-door with a manual trans. 🤠 Giddy up.

Base model 4 banger? I like your thinking. Aftermarket is going to be nuts once these start showing up on the road. The only advantage I see to getting the Sasquatch tires and lift, plus the other stuff, is factory warranty, but I am sure Ford is not stupid enough to void warranty on aftermarket add ons, since that is what this vehicle is designed for.