Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 720
  1. #501
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    9,455
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Meh. No bigger than a Defender or Land Cruiser, both of which are pretty heralded off-road machines.
    Wrangler was main target. Bronco 2 door WB smidge longer than Wrangler, 4 door WB smidge shorter than Wrangler. Angles are comparable, depend on wheel and suspension pkg.

    Perhaps AR doesn’t consider the Wrangler to be sized for off road use.

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    An Anheuser-Busch Barley Field
    Posts
    5,514

    2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Yeah, did some reading and found that the Bronco Sport is based on an Escape, fwd platform, unibody. Posermobile.
    So, for work Iíve driven a 2016 and now have a 2021 Escape. Gotta say for a commuter/grocery getter/forest road vehicle it has actually impressed me. And that opinion is coming from someone who wanted to hate it from day one. Their transmissions are made of tin foil and canít handle the 4 banger eco boost. Other than that though, pretty sweet little ride that is surprisingly capable.

    I couldnít believe it made it through the wind drifts on the road this morning. Definitely should have gotten stuck but didnít.

    That being said, the Escape fits its niche, and does it well. Trying to Escape the Bronco is a fucked up play by Ford, yet plenty of people will buy into it.

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    9,455

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Haxorland
    Posts
    7,112
    Saw one in the wild today on the drive home. Wasn't horribly impressive looking. Looks like a boxy escape. Surprising lack of ground clearance. The black color looked good though.

    Not sure which trim package though. Do they have a soccer mom and a big kid version?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    9,455
    As has been discussed in this thread, you didn’t see a Bronco. You saw the Bronco sport that’s based on the Ford Escape platform.

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    11,722
    This looks like it can be fun
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 7.13.54 AM.png
Views: 464
Size:  727.0 KB
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Saw one in the wild today on the drive home.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I was gonna ask: where are these things? I've seen exactly one new Bronco. It was on I75 in Florida. No other sightings...not even on local dealer lots.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    5,195
    We have someone with the sport version driving around town here too. Again nothing special looking with that model. I'm sure the off-road oriented models will start making their way into town with MTBs strapped to the back in the coming months.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    9,107
    I see them all over the place every day. Silly little thing that sure doesn't look like it's worth the price.

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,237
    I've seen several sports here in Jackson. No real deal Bronco's yet.
    Live Free or Die

  11. #511
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Haxorland
    Posts
    7,112
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I was gonna ask: where are these things? I've seen exactly one new Bronco. It was on I75 in Florida. No other sightings...not even on local dealer lots.
    I-80 eastbound in Davis, CA. If you hurry it might still be there.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

  12. #512
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,237
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Wrangler was main target. Bronco 2 door WB smidge longer than Wrangler, 4 door WB smidge shorter than Wrangler. Angles are comparable, depend on wheel and suspension pkg.

    Perhaps AR doesn’t consider the Wrangler to be sized for off road use.
    I missed this, but there is a lot more to off roading than just entry, departure, and breakover angles.

    It was the primary, well the solid axle thing also, reason I got rid of my FJ, was the bloated nature of the rest of the body. I took out a lot of unnecessary plastic wheeling that thing and it was quite annoying, as it wasn't an exclusive trail rig where I didn't give a shit about looks.
    Live Free or Die

  13. #513
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    7,293
    ARB build. If they ever start shipping this summer, these things are gonna be sweet.
    The aftermarket is going to be nuts since most of the parts are easy to remove, like bumpers, fenders, and quarter panels.


  14. #514
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,850
    Been seeing more and more Bronco Sports around town. Those things are a hideous travesty to the Bronco name. Looking forward to seeing the "REAL" Bronco, though. The Bronco Sport is Ford's new interpretation of the Mustang II. Haha.

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The Shed of Incorruptible Veracity
    Posts
    8,282
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    ARB build. If they ever start shipping this summer, these things are gonna be sweet.
    The aftermarket is going to be nuts since most of the parts are easy to remove, like bumpers, fenders, and quarter panels.


    Pathetic, lol . That's a compensatory vehicle if I've ever seen one.
    The truth doesn't care about your feelings.

  16. #516
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Been seeing more and more Bronco Sports around town. Those things are a hideous travesty to the Bronco name. Looking forward to seeing the "REAL" Bronco, though. The Bronco Sport is Ford's new interpretation of the Mustang II. Haha.
    If only they'd sold a smaller, less capable Bronco in th past to relate it to... Ha

    Naming controversy aside, the Bronco Sport seems like a pretty ideal vehicle for a big part of the population that are outdoor hobbyists, but don't really need a true off road rig. It's got a big of ground clearance and reasonably capable AWD (esp I'm Badlands trim). It's smallish, but has a squarish cargo area that maximizes useable space. It's reasonably efficient (at least compared to the real off road alternatives. I really think that half of the people buying Wranglers/4Runners/etc for their "overland" adventures would be perfectly fine in Bronco Sport. I'm very interested in the light truck they're releasing soon that's built on the same platform.

  17. #517
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    ARB build. If they ever start shipping this summer, these things are gonna be sweet.
    The aftermarket is going to be nuts since most of the parts are easy to remove, like bumpers, fenders, and quarter panels.

    This is going to look sick in the mall parking lot/starbucks drive thru.

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    If only they'd sold a smaller, less capable Bronco in th past to relate it to... Ha
    Oh, yeah. I COMPLETELY forgot about the POS that was the Bronco II. So utterly forgettable that I forgot it even existed for a moment there. Brain fart. Haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Naming controversy aside, the Bronco Sport seems like a pretty ideal vehicle for a big part of the population that are outdoor hobbyists, but don't really need a true off road rig. It's got a big of ground clearance and reasonably capable AWD (esp I'm Badlands trim). It's smallish, but has a squarish cargo area that maximizes useable space. It's reasonably efficient (at least compared to the real off road alternatives. I really think that half of the people buying Wranglers/4Runners/etc for their "overland" adventures would be perfectly fine in Bronco Sport. I'm very interested in the light truck they're releasing soon that's built on the same platform.
    If only it weren't so freaking hideous. IMO they look even worse in person than the pictures can convey. The proportions on it just look so wonky. ALMOST as bad as the Chevy Trax/Buick Encore. God, I hate those things so much every time I see them out on the road.

  19. #519
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    11,911
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Oh, yeah. I COMPLETELY forgot about the POS that was the Bronco II. So utterly forgettable that I forgot it even existed for a moment there. Brain fart. Haha.


    If only it weren't so freaking hideous. IMO they look even worse in person than the pictures can convey. The proportions on it just look so wonky. ALMOST as bad as the Chevy Trax/Buick Encore. God, I hate those things so much every time I see them out on the road.
    Chevy Trax = 155 horsepower

    Ford Bronco Sport = 245 horsepower

    Totally the same....


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  20. #520
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Chevy Trax = 155 horsepower

    Ford Bronco Sport = 245 horsepower

    Totally the same....
    Wasn't talking horsepower but rather their odd proportions. Now if we're talking base model to base model, the Trax has 138 hp versus the Bronco Sport's 181 horse turbo 3-banger. Still both ugly as sin no matter how you slice it, though. Hope you didn't give up on your Bronco proper pre-order and settled for a Sport!

  21. #521
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,186
    Montucky all Bronco-woke like he's doing us a favor. GTFO with that whining. FFS...

  22. #522
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Dammit. I already bought a Bronco Sport!
    FIFY. You got a hook for your purse in there like some other SUVs?

  23. #523
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Loveland, Chair 9.
    Posts
    4,798
    i think they got a good niche. it seems a little less "jeep wrangler" than the wrangler but not totally suv/cross-over. as a grand Cherokee person, the wrangler is too much "jeep" for me but the bronco seems to not go all balls out on the jeep side unless you want to pay for that type of bronco.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

  24. #524
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,186
    I'll gladly run over you with one.


















  25. #525
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    11,911
    Ford will sell a shitload of Bronco Sports. Huge market for that kind of vehicle. Look at the Jeep Compass, they sell a shitload of those dumb things. Bronco Sport blows that thing away.

    And yes, I do have a reservation (now converted to an order) for a full-size Bronco. 2-door with a manual trans. 🤠 Giddy up.



    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •