Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Getting really excited about this.
    The 2 door looks absolutely sweet with the top off.

I have always liked the Bronco. They give me that Sheriff Longmire feel. However, those two video's sucked. Why didn't they even show the vehicles?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The reveal is on July 13th at 8pm. They are running 3 min. segments on ABC/Disney affiliates, plus an exclusive internet reveal.
    They have been hinting at this for so long, I guess they want to make it worth the wait.

I liked the 1st video. Love when they show the horses running and the old Bronco transitions into the new model.

Apparently the reveal was supposed to be 7/9, but then the internet figured out that was OJ's birthday and went and did their internet thing.

I am intrigued by this. Rumor is IFS front steering which is a turnoff, but I suspect the tow ratings will be much higher than my Wrangler, which is intriguing as my boat is 5500 lbs wet on the trailer.

Ultimately though, there is a reason no one takes on the Wrangler and its because the entire premise of that niche is to go anywhere, anytime. That means the most capable vehicle in the class and there can only be one of those. Even the mall crawlers (image bros and chicks) are purchased solely because the Wrangler is king of the trail, and if you take on the king, you best not miss.

That Bronco sport though will probably sell like hot cakes.
    Live Free or Die

The Bronco Sport looks like it is lined up against the LR Discovery or LR4, for much less $$, and probably a whole ton more reliability.

The advantage that Ford has will be engine specs. They will come out with V-8, Diesel, Rousch, all sorts of different engine and trim packages to push the price up. The really telling thing will be how much aftermarket goodies launch right after the reveal. I am willing to bet a ton.

Ha, didn’t know about the OJ thing. Prolly the most camouflaged mule I’ve ever seen: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021...veal-set-july/
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

This thing is designed to compete directly with the 4Runner, IMO. BOF, capable enough off-road for 98% of consumers, easily modified/accessorized for the overlanding douche crowd, but not as much of a dog on long highway trips as a Jeep.

will there be a bronco II rehash...?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    will there be a bronco II rehash...?
    Bronco Sport seems to be it.

I kinda want one - this or a wrangler (or 4runner if they ever get around to updating it) are on the short list

However, this is more than just a car launch - this is a "lifestyle" launch now...
    https://thebronconation.com/#/

I love old Broncos. Have a 71, had a 90 and a 78. No solid front axle absolutely kills it for me and makes it in no way compare to a Rubicon. But I realize I'm not the target market. Give me a coyote and 2 locked solid axles.

I would buy that coyote/solid locker combo in a second.
    Live Free or Die

Saw this yesterday and got moist for the 2-door as I've been watching/waiting for the development of these for years. Yes, IFS front is a PIA for additional mods, more expensive for sure. And there's nothing like the feel/capability of a live axel for crawling. But dam if this makes them ride that much better on the tarmac than the Wrangler I'm willing to bet regular folk who want the jeep but don't like how it behaves at higher speeds will dive right in. I think they are going directly after the Wrangler market because nobody comes close so far, and Ford wants a piece of the pie. If the price is right, they will pull it off.

Side-effect will hopefully trickle down to Toyota, maybe it will give them balls to actually, truly update the taco other than a boring facelift and trendy colors, maybe bring price down on 4-Runner, maybe pressure Jeep do do more innovation other than the eyesore that is Gladiator (though that one does drive pretty good on the highway). Using the Bronco as a sub-brand, like the Mustang, is a good call IMO. A pickup will likely be added to the mix in 2024, probably to replace the Ranger at that point. I'm not betting on that much greater towing capacity with the shorter wheel base 2-door, numbers will be interesting to see but I don't tow so it doesn't really matter to me.

Rover? Well don't even get me started on the 'new' Defender, which really should have been the new Disco since they killed that original in NA for whatever stupid reason. Using same names for a completely different vehicle, totally ignoring the Best 4X4 By Far heritage (and oil leaks) Solihull built over decades was bad marketing decisions from Jaguar. I think even the guys with the $$$ haven't lined up to get one because it just didn't hit the mark, similar to the FJ-C. Capable? Yes. Practical? Not really. Blndspots? Galore. Rover is the high-end CUV brand to me now, and it makes me shed a tear. The Bronco will have no problems selling their top-end models to the folk who actually want capability and a little more refinement for on-road.

Bronco Sport replaces the Escape from what I understand.

+1 for a manual, hope it really is true

I bet most current and past EB owners will be disappointed. I get why Ford is doing it and what market they are chasing but they are trading on a name/brand and are missing the true heritage. Stroppe will be rolling in his grave.

I'll eat crow if it is actually cool.

Signed a former EB owner.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Well don't even get me started on the 'new' Defender, which really should have been the new Disco since they killed that original in NA for whatever stupid reason. Using same names for a completely different vehicle, totally ignoring the Best 4X4 By Far heritage (and oil leaks) Solihull built over decades was bad marketing decisions from Jaguar.
    I know this is a Bronco thread but any argument that Land Cruiser deserves the "Best 4x4 By Far heritage" title? I realize with a Land Cruiser you don't have to really check the oil but can with a dipstick instead of just knowing you're out when there's no more spots when you park.

If/when they release the EV version, I may look at one.

https://insideevs.com/news/403778/fo...ic-suv-rivian/
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

If it takes off as a sellable market, maybe Toyota will bring some of their other 4x4 stuff over at a lower price point.

I want to be excited, I really do. But this feels like another Discovery or Explorer or SUV on a car chasis. I hope I'm wrong.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    If it takes off as a sellable market, maybe Toyota will bring some of their other 4x4 stuff over at a lower price point.
    FJ Cruiser?

My guess is Ford is more concerned with the average suburbanite market, so the ability to go topless/doorless is more important than something like solid axles or lockers. I assume they'll have a Rubicon-esque version for that space?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I know this is a Bronco thread but any argument that Land Cruiser deserves the "Best 4x4 By Far heritage" title? I realize with a Land Cruiser you don't have to really check the oil but can with a dipstick instead of just knowing you're out when there's no more spots when you park.
    It was a Rover club quote used by enthusiasts across the globe, I didn't coin it. Also, I got your Jeep thing and now it burns when I pee. They don't leak oil, they just mark their territory.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Hilux please.

Meh
    I want the 2021 Mustang Mach1

More leaked photos: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...uised-picture/

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Available front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnect, and granny gear in the manual transmission were leaked last month. Ford is going head on for the Jeep market.

It was a Rover club quote used by enthusiasts across the globe, I didn't coin it. Also, I got your Jeep thing and now it burns when I pee. They don't leak oil, they just mark their territory.
    I retract my statements. Wasn't aware that nonsense.

Hilux please.
    Yep.
    -Hilux
    -3-door base mode land cruiser “utility” (Prado?)
    -70-series land cruisers (solid front axle)