Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    They're basically an Escape with a Bronco grille?
    brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it

I saw one of those Bronco Sports but didn't know they existed until right now, I thought it was a Bronco and I was pretty wtf. I mean it said Bronco on it. weak move by Ford.

They're reviewed well.

It just seemed small and wimpy but I thought it was a Bronco.

The sport is pretty capable, but still a unibody high school kid car.

The real Bronco will (maybe) be out this spring of summer. It has been a cluster. That chip thread explains part of it. They are having trouble getting the parts needed, and they have thousands with reservations who are now looking at 2022 delivery dates. Personally, I would never want to be first in line, but there are always those that want to have it first.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It just seemed small and wimpy but I thought it was a Bronco.
    Seems like the move is to really small twin turbo 4 bangers by the auto industry. Might as well by an EV these days.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I could be talked into the Bronco Raptor or the new V8 JL but theres nothing wrong with the JKU and it only sees about 4k miles a year in the summer sans doors and roof. Might get 5 miles a week in winter.

I’m as guilty as anyone of being dismissive of the Bronco Sport, but reading this https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...adlands-drive/ review of the Sport Badlands version made me realize Ford actually put effort into it. Not like GM’s crap.

Once you realize what Ford is trying to do, it makes more sense. Bronco is their off-road brand, Mustang is their speed brand. The truck division is still king. They have not made this very clear, and launching the Sport first has caused a lot of confusion with people not following this very closely.

I think of the Bronco Sport as a Fiat Panda of sorts.

I watch Ford Vs Ferrari a lot. It is one of my favorite movies. I keep getting this image of Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles developing the Bronco that everyone wants, and then Lee Iacocca seeing their vision and getting Ford to commit. But here comes Leo Beebe trying to market a lifestyle. Tell me that isn't exactly what is happening. Ford being Ford.

Ford knowing that people want an SUV called a "Bronco" that actually drives like an Escape.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Once you realize what Ford is trying to do, it makes more sense. Bronco is their off-road brand, Mustang is their speed brand. The truck division is still king. They have not made this very clear, and launching the Sport first has caused a lot of confusion with people not following this very closely.
    Agree, although TBH no car/truck guys I know were confused. But since the Sport was an adaptation of existing platform, bringing to market sooner was possible and the finance guys won the argument with the marketing dept.

Speaking of speed, even this basic power train on the upsized wheel Badlands Sport clocked 5.9 secs 0-60.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I think of the Bronco Sport as a Fiat Panda of sorts.
    For the life of me I can not read the words "Fiat Panda" and not hear it in James May's voice.

It's like Dacia Sandero; it will never change.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Ford knowing that people want an SUV called a "Bronco" that actually drives like an Escape.
    But with the price tag of an Explorer.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Agree, although TBH no car/truck guys I know were confused.
    No, they pretty much all figured it out when the electric "Mustang" looked like a Ford Edge.

A Bronco Sport doesn't really suit my needs at this point, but it seems like a pretty good dirt road and camping car for for young/old people who aren't going to haul lots of stuff or use it in extreme conditions. All the reviews describe it as pretty capable for what it is (esp. in the Badlands trim) and that will serve 90% of the population's needs off road capability wise. It's basically a Subaru competitor rather than a Wrangler competitor in terms of capability, but if someone gave me one, I'd be happy to explore dirt roads in it even if it lacks the "macho" of the real Bronco.

‘Zactly

I'm actually kind of excited to see what they reveal for the little truck (Maverick) that is being built on the same C2 platform Bronco Sport. It seems like it might be a good, inexpensive vehicle for tossing bikes over the tailgate or loading it up with camping gear, driving around the forest service/BLM roads of the SW, but still getting reasonable gas mileage and not being overly gigantic. We have lots of rough, sandy, sometimes rocky roads around here, but I don't need a Rubicon. I'd trade the capability for long range efficiency if they hit the right balance of capability/size/cargo hauling ability/price. Neither Bronco is quite big enough for our needs with me, my wife, son, and dog taking up the cargo space in the first two rows.

That being said, I love the look of the new Bronco and would love one as a more local exploration vehicle, it would just need to be paired with something else for longer trips (like our long suffering Transit Connect).

Meh. The pairing is similar to the original Bronco vs. Bronco 2. Bronco 2 was a shit box compared to it's more stout and powerful older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I'm actually kind of excited to see what they reveal for the little truck (Maverick) that is being built on the same C2 platform Bronco Sport. It seems like it might be a good, inexpensive vehicle for tossing bikes over the tailgate or loading it up with camping gear, driving around the forest service/BLM roads of the SW, but still getting reasonable gas mileage and not being overly gigantic. We have lots of rough, sandy, sometimes rocky roads around here, but I don't need a Rubicon. I'd trade the capability for long range efficiency if they hit the right balance of capability/size/cargo hauling ability/price. Neither Bronco is quite big enough for our needs with me, my wife, son, and dog taking up the cargo space in the first two rows.

That being said, I love the look of the new Bronco and would love one as a more local exploration vehicle, it would just need to be paired with something else for longer trips (like our long suffering Transit Connect).
    I'm real curious too, and with Ranger's starting in theory in the high 20's perhaps a Mav will actually be affordable, and not look like a Subaru Baja. Took the Mrs to the local Ford dealer to look at Escapes and they didnt have Bronco Sport under 36K which was a little disappointing.

Subaru Bajas rule.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Subaru Bajas rule.
    Buddy just got one at an auction in Pocatello in great shape with 100K miles for real cheap. He has big plans to lift it and turn it into a bird rig. I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Meh. The pairing is similar to the original Bronco vs. Bronco 2. Bronco 2 was a shit box compared to it's more stout and powerful older brother.
    I was gifted a Bronco 2 by my MIL's husband when we moved here.

Jesus Fucking Christ that thing was a shitbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Buddy just got one at an auction in Pocatello in great shape with 100K miles for real cheap. He has big plans to lift it and turn it into a bird rig. I'm jealous.
    For real. Ugly as fuck but Subaru reliability and traction in a truck form? I love them.