Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 390
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,371
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's your standard issue Brodeo.

    You know the guy in the "EPIC" shirt is a solid blue square skier with a middle management job that occupies a soul crushing portion of his life, and every time he pulls that thing over his head he fleetingly contemplates ending his pathetic existence instead of hoisting the facade of coolness he needs to feel accepted by his "friends."
    I think everyone else at the campfire is ok with the direction their lives are heading. But EPIC is still holding on to aviators, American Eagle shorts, red beer pong cups, and the idea that fraternities are for life and good times will always be happening every weekend.

    Wait....is this photo a Rorschach test?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,668
    I can’t get excited for newer 2 door 4x4s. The short wheelbase sucks for multiple reasons. They need to bring back stretched 2 doors like the LJ, Zr2 blazer, modern FJ. The 4runner wheelbase isn’t bad but doesn’t carry the sexiness of a stretched 2 door IMO.

    And I hate the look of 4 door wranglers, which is essentially what the 4 door bronco will be.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,371
    The 2dr 4runners with the pop tops were fun (never took one on any serious off roading though)

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,205
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I think everyone else at the campfire is ok with the direction their lives are heading. But EPIC is still holding on to aviators, American Eagle shorts, red beer pong cups, and the idea that fraternities are for life and good times will always be happening every weekend.

    Wait....is this photo a Rorschach test?
    Enrique Iglesias has a chick to each side of him and great posture.

    I kind of want to be like him.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I can’t get excited for newer 2 door 4x4s. The short wheelbase sucks for multiple reasons. They need to bring back stretched 2 doors like the LJ, Zr2 blazer, modern FJ. The 4runner wheelbase isn’t bad but doesn’t carry the sexiness of a stretched 2 door IMO.

    And I hate the look of 4 door wranglers, which is essentially what the 4 door bronco will be.
    The deal killer for me is if I can't sleep stretched out in the back with the seats down. I have a feeling that will be the case with the 4 door.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    11,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I bet most current and past EB owners will be disappointed. I get why Ford is doing it and what market they are chasing but they are trading on a name/brand and are missing the true heritage. Stroppe will be rolling in his grave.

    I'll eat crow if it is actually cool.

    Signed a former EB owner.


  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    11,709
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Gawd I wanna punch every one of those dudes in that first pic. Surprising lack of white sunglasses though..
    That's Ford reaching out to us specifically...and wishing it was the 90s like us too...Either that, or they're going after the Cult of Toyota...

    I for one am flattered and plan to give a look at this "new Bronco with the Gen1 bomber & feels", as I have always had a hardon for Gen 1 Broncos.

    But Ford is a big fucking company, so they have to be lying to me...

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    20,604
    With political correctness Ford don't wana get into anything risque with the marketing I guess naming a car after a horse was pretty safe ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    6,363
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Enrique Iglesias has a chick to each side of him and great posture.

    I kind of want to be like him.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Boy, he's really aged well.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's your standard issue Brodeo.

    You know the guy in the "EPIC" shirt is a solid blue square skier with a middle management job that occupies a soul crushing portion of his life, and every time he pulls that thing over his head he fleetingly contemplates ending his pathetic existence instead of hoisting the facade of coolness he needs to feel accepted by his "friends."
    You may be right about his skiing and the job but that guy actually feels epic the whole time he's wearing that thing. Maybe not so much the rest of the time. The shirt is possibly keeping him alive.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    hows this stack up against a tgr outing?









    ouch
    Most TGR meetups I've been to the average age was north of 50...Not that there's anything wrong with that, but far from bro brah.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,909
    ^^^
    Hey, not all maggots are pensioners.

    That said, if I see any of you wearing a t shirt that says "EPIC" and it's not in direct relation to the pass, you're getting put on notice.
    I still call it The Jake.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I wrote what I wrote before watching that and it only enforces it. There’s a dude towards the end that describes the free summer camp so people can learn about their new car and lifestyle. The early Bronco was built for a lifestyle that needed a vehicle. The new one, as stated in the video, is to bring people into a lifestyle because there’s a Bronco. That’s the soul that’s missing. #sappysonofabitch #instagram

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,200
    But at the same time, if it’s filling a real need, who cares that they are creating a lifestyle for some lost wealthy souls....

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,640
    Just makes me realize that I’m a sentimental curmudgeon that doesn’t handle pop cultural shifts well. Maybe I’ll buy one someday.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,371
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    But at the same time, if it’s filling a real need, who cares that they are creating a lifestyle for some lost wealthy souls....
    True enough. Everybody needs hobbies. As long as it doesn’t hurt others or interferes with others it’s all good.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,200
    I am reluctant to follow pop trends, but if something like that fits my needs, fuck it, I try not to care what others think.

    Upthread there was discussion of sleeping in the back. I had a 2-door 4Runner for a long time and could spread out in the back no problem. My wife and I lived homeless on the streets of north Oakland and south Berkeley in it for a summer. I’m 5’10”.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,986
    Name:  291569d1594242797-funny-pics-part-duece-107652435_10221844139880226_1709635307647424701_n.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  91.4 KB

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    12,338
    I may be an outlier but this looks to be a pack of clowns

    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    7,474
    Wonder what the marketing budget is for this lifestyle launch.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I may be an outlier but this looks to be a pack of clowns

    I’m calling bullshit - the bronco nation hat they showed for sale wasn’t depicted as a flat brim.

    So much flannel and so many ironically slouched knit hats. Think I just made a little mouth vomit.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,909
    Will there be a dèrelique trim level for these unsettling times?
    I still call it The Jake.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,536
    ^^Hahaha

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,392
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Will there be a dèrelique trim level for these unsettling times?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A72995C8-0A37-4222-BD75-BBA93F930456-73713-00000EA92AD06B99.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	248.2 KB 
ID:	334106

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ^^^
    Hey, not all maggots are pensioners.

    That said, if I see any of you wearing a t shirt that says "EPIC" and it's not in direct relation to the pass, you're getting put on notice.
    Much like GSA and F'KNA...it's gonna be the inside joke. I'm definitely getting one for next meet up!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •