Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Jimmy Chin is producing the 3min intros about the Bronco. Looking forward to seeing that.

Love the internal door hinges and - in concept - the fact that mirrors are mounted on A pillar to avoid need for those dumb clip on mirrors the jeepers have to use to be legal with doors off.

I have hope for this one and am not troubled by IFS after 250k miles on a silverado 2500. Proper idler/pitman arm support brackets can go a long way toward strengthening known weaknesses.
    Good PR and knowing their demographic using Chin.

I have IFS on 3 out of 4 rigs. They do just fine in most mild off road situations but my solid front axle setup is on my dedicated wheeler. Imo CV shafts are the weak point among others. In my view if they want to go up against a part of the Rubicon market they need solid axles and factory lockers. SAS'ing a brand new rig is kinda stupid imo(more $$). Like I said before most people probably like how the IFS handles but even the mall cruising bros are throwing lifts and 37s on rubicons and that ain't happening on IFS. I cant afford a new one anyways so I should just shut up.

Signed bitter bronco fan who obviously hates IFS��

Are portal axles not an option?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Good PR and knowing their demographic using Chin.

I have IFS on 3 out of 4 rigs. They do just fine in most mild off road situations but my solid front axle setup is on my dedicated wheeler. Imo CV shafts are the weak point among others. In my view if they want to go up against a part of the Rubicon market they need solid axles and factory lockers. SAS'ing a brand new rig is kinda stupid imo(more $$). Like I said before most people probably like how the IFS handles but even the mall cruising bros are throwing lifts and 37s on rubicons and that ain't happening on IFS. I cant afford a new one anyways so I should just shut up.

Signed bitter bronco fan who obviously hates IFS��
    Concur re Chin. Thought others here would appreciate that.

Not trying to disagree with you too much about hardcore crawler thoughts re IFS. I’m willing to take the leap and am getting in line, but I live far from rubicon trail and think it’ll suit my off-roading needs just fine. If not, I’d imagine a front axel swap will soon present itself as an option that I may consider. It’s gonna cost, but I’d rather give this a go and reverse engineer a fix than start with a vintage one - god the prices are skyrocketing - and reverse engineer the whole rig. Just one person’s opinion mind you.....

Jeeps are love or hate. I'm the latter and it's generally because of the owners, not the actual vehicle. I wheel and camp with friends with well sorted Jeeps. They don't believe in the Jeep culture, they just like solid axles, lockers, and no tops or doors.

When I hear or see "It's a Jeep thing" I see red and prepare to throw high kicks and throat punches. Evil eyes and local Jeep clubs, five fingered death punches. Getting the "Jeep waive" when I'm in my FJ40, they get a pass because they're even too stupid to know I'm driving a Toyota and my mother was a special ed teacher...I have a little compassion for the "r" words.

The new Bronco is going to do well for all the people who want a Jeep but feel the way I do. I'm not against it...it's tough getting stoked about modern 4x4s when you grew up around the old stuff.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 07-08-2020 at 12:44 PM.

People on the Bronco6G link I posted a page back are hoping and praying for air conditioned seats and king ranch leather. Yep, they'll do just fine with IFS.

I am excited to see the 2Dr! Love me some 2Dr SUV!

We all know the #1 demographic will be 35yo males using this thing to drive from the condo complex to the office park....

But the better question is who is the #2 demographic; Rich Dads buying these for their 16yo daughters birthday or people who will actually take it out on some trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Jeezus. Looks like Ford is going to do well especially with the crowd who goes places so their friends can see that they go places.

^^^ Lol to all of those posts.

Any patent dentists on here that can explain to me how that Petrochemical company can make a new Defender and get away with it?

It's been a long time since Copyrights, Patents and Trademark law, but I recall the term "substantially similar" being thrown around a lot.

I mean, its not like these guys are some Chinese car maker with zero fucks to give about your IP laws, it's a British company making a knock off of a classic British car.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Are portal axles not an option?
    Now we're talking!

Haha conundrum- one of my main wheeling buddies has an old cj7 and he has swapped axles and motor(although it's still a 360). He still gets slightly annoyed by the amount of rubicons on the trail with clueless drivers.

I know I'm in the minority. I live in a place with a lot of options that require at very least 33s lockers and a good driver(that winch might come in handy too). I built the wifes 4th 4runner to get up most trails here and its ifs front. Without going long travel( which is close to a SAS $wise) it hits its limits fairly quickly. It could be familiarity but I'd hands down rather swap a broken axle out on a solid front end on the trail as opposed to a CV. Easier to beef up steering components as well.

Maybe they'll surprise me and offer a solid front axle but in my experience it's one or the other. There will be a huge amount of aftermarket support as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ^^^ Lol to all of those posts.

Any patent dentists on here that can explain to me how that Petrochemical company can make a new Defender and get away with it?

It's been a long time since Copyrights, Patents and Trademark law, but I recall the term "substantially similar" being thrown around a lot.

I mean, its not like these guys are some Chinese car maker with zero fucks to give about your IP laws, it's a British company making a knock off of a classic British car.
    TBD. British patent office recently denied LR's request for a Defender patent but litigation ongoing.

https://www.formacar.com/en/news/view/27548.html

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I am excited to see the 2Dr! Love me some 2Dr SUV!

We all know the #1 demographic will be 35yo males using this thing to drive from the condo complex to the office park....

But the better question is who is the #2 demographic; Rich Dads buying these for their 16yo daughters birthday or people who will actually take it out on some trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wrong on #2. That will be people who are into the #Overlanding scene, and proceed to bolt so much shit onto their rigs they're over GVWR before they've even loaded the thing up for a weekend of car camping.

Oh man. They will fill those extra gas cans with White Claw and hit the glamping sites for extra insta-likes. Definitely be a yeti cooler in there too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

From the link posted on page 1. This is a lifestyle product launch:

-

“For enthusiasts - By enthusiasts.” Are they gonna have a FEBE clothing line?

Anyway it all sounds somewhat familiar. I’m guessing in that last picture those three dudes are checking the spare prior to driving across the country to confront a Jeep lover who dared insult the Bronco’s IFS.

Gawd I wanna punch every one of those dudes in that first pic. Surprising lack of white sunglasses though..

Aviators? Check. Shirt that says something cool? Check. Plaid flannels and slouchy hats? Check. Mostly white dudes with beards? Check. Marketing home run for the Bronco Nation? Check.

Ugh - not thrilled by the lifestyle look.

Good old social media marketing at it's finest....or worst. I'm going with the latter.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Ugh the douche feels super high on this marketing campaign, but that tailgate looks bitchin'.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Aviators? Check. Shirt that says something cool? Check. Plaid flannels and slouchy hats? Check. Mostly white dudes with beards? Check.
    hows this stack up against a tgr outing?

ouch

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    hows this stack up against a tgr outing?

ouch
    That photo could easily have been taken at a Maggot Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I know. That’s why I said in my original post above (with the photos) that this all sounds very familiar. I had to doublecheck I wasn’t in the photo before I started mocking it.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Now way, there’s 2 chicks present.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Ugh the douche feels super high on this marketing campaign, but that tailgate looks bitchin'.
    That appears to be an OG tailgate and taillights.

I'm thinking who they are marketing to, versus who will actually be buying the brunt of the flagship models (not the sport), are 2 very different demographics.

And yeah, add 20-30 years to the pic and you may have a maggot summit.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I know. That’s why I said in my original post above (with the photos) that this all sounds very familiar. I had to doublecheck I wasn’t in the photo before I started mocking it.
    It's your standard issue Brodeo.

You know the guy in the "EPIC" shirt is a solid blue square skier with a middle management job that occupies a soul crushing portion of his life, and every time he pulls that thing over his head he fleetingly contemplates ending his pathetic existence instead of hoisting the facade of coolness he needs to feel accepted by his "friends."