Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Available front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnect, and granny gear in the manual transmission were leaked last month. Ford is going head on for the Jeep market.
    Yeah, that is what I am hearing too. I bet there will be different model versions that have solid axles. I wonder if only the Sport gets IFS?
    Seriously considering this as my daughter's first vehicle if it is anything close to what I think it will be. I really wish they had kept the original front wheel well shape though- bet that will be one of the first mods you see out there.

Red or blue with a white hardtop might look even more retro.

Been holding off for a year on getting a new ride just to check them out. Can't wait to test drive. Top of the list so far. The manual offering is huge.

I always hold my breath when rumors float around of a manual. Like, you can get the manual, but only with the shitty engine or cloth seats. Want leather? No manual. AWD? No manual. Or, you can get the manual, but in 2WD. Or some stupid shit like that. Want the high end Taco with all the options AND a 6ft bed? No manual for you. Thanks marketing trends and lazy American buyers.

Wouldn't it be great if you could just check off everything that you want on a list like sushi restaurants do?

Coyote, manual, two door, solid front, lockers, baby blue with a white top. I'd buy. I'm still planning on being disappointed but hoping to be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I always hold my breath when rumors float around of a manual. Like, you can get the manual, but only with the shitty engine or cloth seats. Want leather? No manual. AWD? No manual. Or, you can get the manual, but in 2WD. Or some stupid shit like that. Want the high end Taco with all the options AND a 6ft bed? No manual for you. Thanks marketing trends and lazy American buyers.

Wouldn't it be great if you could just check off everything that you want on a list like sushi restaurants do?
    Very true, but at least its a rumor and one can hope!

It was destiny- The Warthog Edition
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/n...o-145670.html#

Sounds like solid front and Coyote are off the table, if this guy knows anything.
    Sounds like definite on the manual though.
    Starts at about 5:15

I'm intrigued, but I'm guessing it will miss the mark in some way. A topless/doorless rig would be more of a toy in my quiver and I'll likely go older/cheaper anyways.

No way a solid front axle is offered.

It was a Rover club quote used by enthusiasts across the globe, I didn't coin it. Also, I got your Jeep thing and now it burns when I pee. They don't leak oil, they just mark their territory.
    Reminds me of my favorite car joke (next to murderous Mustangs):

Q: why don’t the British make a computer?

A: they haven’t figured out how to make it leak oil.

All kidding aside I cringe at what the family ‘97 D90 with white hardtop over green is going for right now. That was a fun truck.

Hopefully this Bronco can be legit.

Allow me to direct you to the Porsche buying experience. More boxes to check than you can swing linked sausages at.
    I still call it The Jake.

This interest me moar!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Allow me to direct you to the Porsche buying experience. More boxes to check than you can swing linked sausages at.
    Out of my range but yeah I've seen some crazy combos. Who the hell puts red leather in their white 911S? Oh yeah the flashy restaurant owner down the street.

CDL would be nice in that there bronco. Some of those CGI renderings were pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Q: why don’t the British make a computer?

A: they haven’t figured out how to make it leak oil.
    Charles Babbage?

Among others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Charles Babbage?

Among others.
    Lucas Electronics. I've heard it's why the English drink warm beer, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    This interest me moar!
    Me too. BMW power plant and all...only question is how do you get it serviced outside of a major city?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Lucas Electronics. I've heard it's why the English drink warm beer, no?
    joe lucas ... prince of darkness
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Charles Babbage?

Among others.
    Was Mr. Babbage successful in making it leak oil?

Good show if so.
    I still call it The Jake.

So just talked with my stepdad, he runs a Ford dealership in NM. First off he said Ford won't tell them much of anything about the launch. Rightfully so due to covid variables, I am sure there is a lot of fluidity and unknowns right now. He also said their dealership isn't even slated to get any at first, special order only. He said this year will be a 'hand raiser' rollout for many markets, so those who really want one better get in line and put that $100 down. It may be a move by Ford to generate and gauge more interest, or again, maybe because of Covid, or a little bit of both. It is a risky market for a product launch. I hope it goes well for them in any case.

He can't tell me any more specifics about the vehicles in general. :/

Interior dash pics, preproduction plastics but the general idea is there.

4A and 2H confirmed, as well as the manual with crawl gearing. I like the beefy steering wheel and cayenne-like oh-shit-handle for the passenger.

Don't like push-button start but whatevs. Maybe base model will still come with a key.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threa...ode-dial.1610/

I loved the way these look from the first announcement. And my first real off road experience was in an old Bronco.

Someone said above maybe this will pressure Toyota to update the 4R. I think that is already in the works, but when we were thinking of upgrading our 2003, which has the AWD 4WD or the option to lock it, to the same thing without that option I was like why? We can upgrade when it blows up.

And anytime manuals are being offered we all have to pay attention. We visited our friend and old exchange student last fall in Spain and they gave us a tour of their hunting ranch in a Hilux. Manual with transfer case. Turbo Diesel. Drool. Why can't we get this shit in Merica again?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190930-IMG_1169.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	333949

Name:	20190930-IMG_1173.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	734.0 KB 
ID:	333950

Name:	20190930-IMG_1187.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	823.0 KB 
ID:	333951

Also fuck Ford. But I said that about VW and bought a VW. So fuck me.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Also fuck Ford. But I said that about VW and bought a VW. So fuck me.
    Aww- Ford would love that. So nice of you.

If they are going up against Fiat and the Wrangler, they won't have to try too hard from a reliability standpoint.
    The newer Jeeps have been pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I love old Broncos. Have a 71, had a 90 and a 78. No solid front axle absolutely kills it for me and makes it in no way compare to a Rubicon. But I realize I'm not the target market. Give me a coyote and 2 locked solid axles.
    It’s going to be like the new beetle (front wheel drive?), new land cruiser (ifs?)...etc.

I’m surprised I didn’t see any testing here where I live, we see a lot of covered-up prototypes doing winter driving.
    Or maybe I did see it and it just looks like every other car, because they all kinda look the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    This interest me moar!
    Took me a while to figure out what you guys were talking about.
    I wonder if they will sell them in the U.S.?

https://jalopnik.com/petrochemical-c...ebo-1844235745

2021 FORD BRONCO REVEAL

Jimmy Chin is producing the 3min intros about the Bronco. Looking forward to seeing that.

Love the internal door hinges and - in concept - the fact that mirrors are mounted on A pillar to avoid need for those dumb clip on mirrors the jeepers have to use to be legal with doors off.

I have hope for this one and am not troubled by IFS after 250k miles on a silverado 2500. Proper idler/pitman arm support brackets can go a long way toward strengthening known weaknesses.

since 1964 chicken tax chicken tax chicken tax chicken tax chicken tax chicken tax chicken tax chicken tax chicken tax

why do people keep asking that stupid fucking question
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

People in upper mich are just driving Mahindra jeeps around town like a DOT legal car. I see them with license plates. I don’t totally understand what’s up with that, but whatever... I guess that’s an option too.