Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I think Iím in the market for a mountain bike, not a frame. Iíd say more frustrating than rewarding. Turning into some twisted bipolar version of bevergeusegreene without quite as much minimally used gear.
    Lol. What are you looking for? 29er? XC bike or a trail bike? What's your budget? And what size?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Appreciate all the help. My sequence of parts in the headset was wrong and Iíve solved that. Will ride as is starting tomorrow. Upgrade the headset a bit later.

Unrelated: how do all you TGR bros who donít have bike pro form, who love gear and who proudly refuse to pay retail approach buying/owning bikes?

Pink bike? Any other outlets? Recommendations?
    used parts are expensive now, pinkbike is usually good deals on wheels and most sellers willing to deal, german online shops another option to buy cheaper stuff than us, but shipping might be a problem now

Bike rode well. Lighter and a little more slack, all nice. Nothing fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Lol. What are you looking for? 29er? XC bike or a trail bike? What's your budget? And what size?
    29er yes.

Donít know if Xc or trail. Only ever owned a hardtail before. Trail rides look fun, but odds are Iíd have some serious injury hauling ass like I see on YouTube. Rumor is that trail bikes actually climb fairly well. So...if thatís true, more travel? I used to race and climb out of the saddle, but my weakness was always the descents. FS cyclists would crush descents while I cowered in fear of them.

So...maybe I should try an FS bike?

Budget is somewhere under 50% of retail.

Size L.

I feel like the answer is test ride everything Evo will let me and form my own opinion then come back for advice.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

SC you should definitely check out some FS short to mid travel 29ers. They are climb great and are really capable on the way down. My current ride is a GG Pistola. It's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    used parts are expensive now, pinkbike is usually good deals on wheels and most sellers willing to deal, german online shops another option to buy cheaper stuff than us, but shipping might be a problem now
    Iím getting parts shipped faster from shops in Europe than Amazon right now. Just ordered a cassette from ProBikeKit (UK), ordered Friday, shipped Monday, delivered Thursday.

The only bikes right now at 50% of retail either have something wrong with them, or are a scam.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Supre look at the site the pros closet. I bought a very nice (lightly used) bike for 47% off retail. Even offering a warranty now. Pretty sweet.