Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diving Boards

This was my favorite diving board ever. Spent a lot of hazy summer days flipping off that thing in college.
    Name:  1923431_504751886647_8581_n.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  62.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Yikes, she is up high there on the balance beam and great form I can see a lot of smashed knees and shins before you get to that level. You're a lucky man OG.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife was a gorgeous diver. When we'd take the kids to the Truckee HS pool people would stop what they were doing and watch when she started diving. She wasn't doing anything difficult, just looked damn good doing it. Age 40.
    Not diving but here she is in college.
    Attachment 333683

Don't ask to see her tits. She didn't have any back then.
    Is she the voyeur or the gymnast?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

My cat likes to hang out on the diving board. Sometimes he gets right out on the edge and watches us swim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0813_Original.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	682.0 KB 
ID:	333714

My dad was the director of Parks and Recreation in our town. We used to go to the pool on Sunday mornings before it opened to the public. Story is that I went off the diving board when I was 2. Just walked over and jumped in. I think they knew they were in trouble from then on!

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    My cat likes to hang out on the diving board. Sometimes he gets right out on the edge and watches us swim.

Holy cow those are some huge mitts on that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    My dad was the director of Parks and Recreation in our town. We used to go to the pool on Sunday mornings before it opened to the public. Story is that I went off the diving board when I was 2. Just walked over and jumped in. I think they knew they were in trouble from then on!
    Years ago I saw a documentary about Jeb Corliss (pro wingsuit flyer). Apparently, when he was 2 he relentlessly pestered his parents to take him up to the 10-meter platform at their pool. They finally relented, thinking that once up there he'd get scared and be over it. The took him up and the instant they put him down he sprinted off the end. A frantic rescue ensued since he was 2 and couldn't swim. Before they even got him out of the water he was yelling "Again! Again! Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Holy cow those are some huge mitts on that guy.
    Lion cut. Old guys have trouble grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Years ago I saw a documentary about Jeb Corliss (pro wingsuit flyer). Apparently, when he was 2 he relentlessly pestered his parents to take him up to the 10-meter platform at their pool. They finally relented, thinking that once up there he'd get scared and be over it. The took him up and the instant they put him down he sprinted off the end. A frantic rescue ensued since he was 2 and couldn't swim. Before they even got him out of the water he was yelling "Again! Again! Again!"
    The velocity you hit the water from 10m is impressive. You will have a sore neck and shoulders from impact the next day if you are diving and you can seriously injure your neck if you go in crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Lion cut. Old guys have trouble grooming.
    Damn, you nailed it. He ends up with dreadlocks every spring so we have to cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    This was my favorite diving board ever. Spent a lot of hazy summer days flipping off that thing in college.
    Name:  1923431_504751886647_8581_n.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  62.8 KB
    Fuck that looks amazing.

Diving Boards

We made fun of the diving team kids during HS swim team. Looking back on it, they had a better deal. They rigged up a hose to the shower in the restroom and filled up large garbage cans with hot water to sit in in-between their dives. For some stupid reason we thought swimming 5000 yards was a better idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

just noticing the nomenclature

why do the midwesterners affiliate hucking off high platforms with throwing large fruit into the water?

You find your leak?

Diving Boards

Suicide dive from 3 meter was my best act. I (can still) land it on all fours. At 1 minute nails perfect suicide dive.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Death Diving in Norway. Skip to 3:00 for the "diving"

Love the form- kinda like lawn darts in skiing.
    Grab ankles behind your head is kinda like a method grab. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    You find your leak?
    Yeah, some piping (above ground thank goodness) and the skimmer. Guy was supposed to fix it today but I haven't heard from him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Yikes, she is up high there on the balance beam and great form I can see a lot of smashed knees and shins before you get to that level. You're a lucky man OG.
    Particularly lucky that bad as my balance is, I had her to climb ladders (but I don't let her climb any more.) She asked me--"What would you do if I fell off this roof and killed myself?" "Hire someone to clean off the pine needles."
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Is she the voyeur or the gymnast?
    Spotter, not voyeur, you dumbass :--). And she's the gymnast. Yeah, that's some pretty good hops. The funny thing was, she was the least graceful skier I ever saw. She never got the idea of dynamic balance--she wouldn't lean into a turn, never got even a degree of edge angle. Didn't stop her from bombing the slope.

That pool really skews the Ogden scale

How hard is it to get insurance?

Wife made me cut down our diving board the day we closed on the house. Sad

But the pool wasn’t designed properly. It was only good for cannonballs or jackknifes. If you dove out, you would hit the slope of the shallow end.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Suicide dive from 3 meter was my best act. I (can still) land it on all fours. At 1 minute nails perfect suicide dive.

1:34- Perfect "Hawaiian"- my favorite "dive"

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    1:34- Perfect "Hawaiian"- my favorite "dive"
    Timeless

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That pool really skews the Ogden scale

How hard is it to get insurance?

Wife made me cut down our diving board the day we closed on the house. Sad

But the pool wasn’t designed properly. It was only good for cannonballs or jackknifes. If you dove out, you would hit the slope of the shallow end.
    I home insurance shopped last year and pool w/diving board wasn't an issue at all for most of the agents. Not sure why, I always heard it was. We do keep it covered when not in use, needs a code to open.