Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
    I have an old Patagonia Torrentshell, 2l, now delaminating.
    Thinking of replacing it with the new 3l same model, but i'd also appreciate something more breathable and no clammy.
    Many years ago i had a great Marmot MICA, but eventually got stolen in Bali.
    Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    A 3L jacket would fell better on the skin, unless you are wearing a long arm shirt or thin arm warmers to avoid contact, then it wouldn't matter much.
    As for breathability, in summer rain with 90+% rel. humidity, I'm not so sure what would be the difference between the most breathable water resistant membrane and a trash bag.
    What could help could be an air permeable membrane where the air flow would help cooling down reducing the sweating in the first place, same as pit-zips as long as they don't let rain water in.
    Just some random thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    If you want something you can shove in a pack and forget about it's pretty hard to beat the Outdoor Research Helium jacket at 6 ounces.
    I'm in need of a new summer weight rain jacket for cycling (something that can tuck away easily) and the OR Helium and Patty Rainshadow are high on the list - mostly due to warranty as every rain jacket I have owned eventually leaks.

Anything else I should be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I'm in need of a new summer weight rain jacket for cycling (something that can tuck away easily) and the OR Helium and Patty Rainshadow are high on the list - mostly due to warranty as every rain jacket I have owned eventually leaks.

Same answer as always. If you can tolerate the garbage bag fit, the lightest, cheapest, occasional use only option is always a Frogg Toggs. Lighter than the others and they pack really small. Plus, $15.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Same answer as always. If you can tolerate the garbage bag fit, the lightest, cheapest, occasional use only option is always a Frogg Toggs. Lighter than the others and they pack really small. Plus, $15.
    I'm sure that's not ideal for cycling.

I liked the or helium. The fit was a little more generous than some of the fast and light euro cut stuff I've tried. Would still be using it if I had clipped it to the pulk instead of just tossing it in front of the ice chest.

Currently using a gore shakedry hooded jacket similar to this one. https://www.gorewear.com/us/en-us/r7...et-100457.html

It feels lighter to me than the helium did and it's def a more trim fit. It packs down to baseball size and does a nice job of shedding the kind of light rain we get here in Colorado.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

I bought the Mammut Convey Tour HS for cycling and have been pretty happy with it. Made out of Goretex Paclite and it packs down fairly small, but most importantly it has pit zips and can dump heat. The hood will only fit under a helmet though, it's pretty snug too.