Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don't give a fuck if Kamala or anyone else who might be VP is a nice person. I don't plan to work in the VP's office. The main job of a VP is to tear the opposition a new one and watching Harris in hearings and debating Biden she is very good at that. When she tries to be sweet and funny it seems awkward. When she's pissed I feel sorry for the person she's pissed at. Whoever Joe picks it had better be someone who can take attention away from him.

I don't know man, she rolled right over for Andy Wirth.

I'm not all that impressed by grandstanding vs. actually getting shit done. I'll take Warren over Harris without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If we're not going to name our daughters after dead ancestors--that's how Jews do it--at least name them after heroes. I want to see Ruth, Elena, and Sonia moving up the list, and then maybe Kamala, Susan, or Elizabeth. (Is my politics showing?)
    When my mother married my father she was the third "Ruth" daughter-in-law. Three boys... all married women named Ruth. It was actually mom's middle name. When she pledged her sorority at the UW there were already a couple Marilyns so she went with her middle name then when she got married because there were already two Ruths in the family she went back to her first.

I like old fashion names. We've got a local politician named "Skyler" it just seems wrong.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    When my mother married my father she was the third "Ruth" daughter-in-law. Three boys... all married women named Ruth. It was actually mom's middle name. When she pledged her sorority at the UW there were already a couple Marilyns so she went with her middle name then when she got married because there were already two Ruths in the family she went back to her first.
    Funny. My friend Jesse married a girl named Kate. Kate's sister married a guy named Jesse too. Her other sibling, her brother, is named Jesse. It's very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Funny. My friend Jesse married a girl named Kate. Kate's sister married a guy named Jesse too. Her other sibling, her brother, is named Jesse. It's very confusing.
    So Kate is.....

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You are the father of a us senator???
    Maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

I like old fashion names. We've got a local politician named "Skyler" it just seems wrong.
    "It was like he had two families. The first time I was introduced to all of them at once, it was crazy. Paulie and his brothers had lots of sons and nephews. And almost all of them were named Peter or Paul. It was unbelievable. There must have been two dozen Peters and Pauls at the wedding. Plus, they were all married to girls named Marie. And they named all their daughters Marie. By the time I finished meeting everybody, I thought I was drunk."--Karen Hill, Goodfellas (can't find a clip.)

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    ^^I dated a Sue for a hot minute, I thought that was kinda weird. Girl, not a boy.
    I had three girlfriends in school who were named Susan Carol. Lots and lots of Susans in the 1960s

"It was like he had two families. The first time I was introduced to all of them at once, it was crazy. Paulie and his brothers had lots of sons and nephews. And almost all of them were named Peter or Paul. It was unbelievable. There must have been two dozen Peters and Pauls at the wedding. Plus, they were all married to girls named Marie. And they named all their daughters Marie. By the time I finished meeting everybody, I thought I was drunk."--Karen Hill, Goodfellas (can't find a clip.)
    Great movie! Did you know Henry Hill settled just outside of Seattle (Kirkland) after the shit went down?

I'm from an Irish family (emigrated in the 1900). Everyone is named Thomas or Patrick or John. Women were Geraldine, Joshephine and Mary.

Mentioning repetitive family names, I have a crazy story of my own that we recently figured out due to Ancestry.com (and additional digging by my father and his brother). So my great uncle gets married to a woman and has three kids, two girls and a boy. On the side he has an affair with a woman and they also have three kids, also two girls and a boy. SAME KID NAMES for both families. That's some fucked up shit - I suppose it helped him avoid calling one of his kids by the wrong name. Totally psycho but also amazing that he was able to pull this off.

I don't get people who name their kids after themselves and then get mad when people refer to them as little X and big X (eg my late BIL ) The Williams family has it figured out--Hank Williams III just goes by Hank 3 or just 3, but it helps that they're famous.

I don't get people who name their kids after themselves and then get mad when people refer to them as little X and big X (eg my late BIL ) The Williams family has it figured out--Hank Williams III just goes by Hank 3 or just 3, but it helps that they're famous.
    My grandfather, father and brother were all "Thomas Patrick." Grandpa was Tom, dad was T. Patrick or Pat and my brother was Tommy.

Is Karen an acceptable first name?

Kamala Willie Brown on the way up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Cono Este; 07-03-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Kamala Willie Brown...
    It's not appropriate to call her that. Willie, after all, was married while he was fucking Kamala in exchange for putting her into high-salary positions of authority, none of which she was qualified for.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

How about people who have a last name that is common as a first name and then give the kid a first name that is common as a last name? I have a friend w/last name as Arthur and they name the son Cameron. How many times ya think he will be inadvertently listed as "Arthur Cameron"?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    There is nothing more repugnant on the face of the earth than White Americans.
    Holy crap that sounds pretty damn racist. Troll attempt or are you being totally serial?

My Current GF is a Karen, and she’s totally nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    My Current GF is a Karen, and she’s totally nuts.

Useless w/o nekkid pics! Give it up to Ullr!!!!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Women in professional and leadership positions always swim upstream on this. I've spoken with two attorneys who worked under her, both of whom would disagree with your "word is" claim. Both said the slackers disliked Kamala but the career pros liked and respected her. Their worst criticism was that she was aloof at times. Both said she'd be a fine POTUS.
    Meh... my friend was no slacker. Headed the gang serious crime unit. Didn’t have a lot of respect for her. But I will also say he felt the same about all politicians. And you don’t get to be DA without being a politico.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Word is she was absolutely despised in the California AG's office. Also not a fan of her backdoor deal with KSL over the Squaw Valley village proposal. She completely fucked us over.
    Being despised in the Cal AG office means nothing. A bigger bunch of incompetents would be hard to find...unless you went to Cal DMV...

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    It's not appropriate to call her that. Willie, after all, was married while he was fucking Kamala in exchange for putting her into high-salary positions of authority, none of which she was qualified for.
    You have been a racist piece of shit for years and years on this board. shut up.

Well, is it?
    Only if she changed her name from Kitty and has a mind like a diamond.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I met her. She's a dummy.
    Do tell. Aren't you special.

Lemme guess, if you really did meet her (and that's a big fukkin' if) you prolly spent all your time fixated on her tits, vaguely disappointed by their insufficient magnitude; she caught you staring with a disgusted eye roll, and you slunk off in shrunken-peen embarrassment.

"I'll get her! I'll tell my interwebz fans she's a dummy!"

Next you're gonna tell us about the time Tammy Duckworth responded "me so horny, me love you long time" after you breathlessly related how enamored you were of her slanty eyes.

Everyone is racist.
    Some more racist than others, duh.

I met her. She's a dummy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    But she's half Indian so she must be smart, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Do tell.
    She attended, along with a couple other notables from Sacramento, a Board of Trustees meeting at a public university I worked for. Early on, before the Board got down to business in private, there were presentations followed by mingling amongst the attendees.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.