Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Fuck. That’s about my worst nightmare, as someone with a 1 year old who lives in fire country. Our property is pretty well cleared but the private road we live on is a death trap. 1/2a mile of close brush, lots of it dead. I’ve talked to my wife about contingency plans but I think we need to beef up the planning.

Those poor, poor parents.
    omg those poor parents literally went through hell on earth. There are no words to describe how horrible that must have been for them and how long the road to any sort of "recovery" is going to be for them.

gofundme is here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hyland-family-emergency-fund

Well here you go. Someone put drone footage of San Francisco to the Blade Runner soundtrack.... Fucking 2020.
    https://twitter.com/omarjimenez/stat...324391936?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Well here you go. Someone put drone footage of San Francisco to the Blade Runner soundtrack.... Fucking 2020.
    https://twitter.com/omarjimenez/stat...324391936?s=21
    Well, that's haunting. Worked on construction of Salesforce Tower and the Transbay Transit Center and they're both featured in the video. I remember a couple orangeish mornings there in 2017, but nothing like that.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7608.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	543.1 KB 
ID:	339555

Blue River

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    No words.............this year can just go right to hell..........

BREAKING: 1-year-old who fled Cold Springs Fire with family on foot dies

MALOTT - Okanogan County Sheriff’s officials have confirmed that 1-year-old Uri Hyland, the daughter of 26-year-old Jamie and 31-year-old Jake Hyland of Renton, has died in the Cold Springs Canyon Fire.

Uri and her parents were at their property near Cameron Lake Road and Paxton Canyon Road between Omak Lake and Malott in OThe Hylands were forced to abandoned their vehicle after crashing it and was later gutted by the blaze. The family was reported missing on Monday and were found on the bank of the Columbia River by a boat patrol that was out looking for them. All three were burned. Uri was already deceased when rescuers arrived and both Jamie and Jake had 3rd degree burns. Both were airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for treatment.

Okanogan County Sheriff Tony Hawley says his department will treat this incident as a homicide unless further investigation confirms that the Cold Springs Canyon Fire was not human-caused. kanogan County when the fire surrounded them
    From the Spokeman Review this morning, both parents are in critical condition. If either or both survive, it's going to be a tough road from here on. She's also currently pregnant. I don't know how their lives will be going forward but you have to think that the guilt and remorse of being out there when they were will haunt them for the rest of their lives. What a sad situation; unimaginable.

2020 Wildfire Season

My wife sat next to the Grandmother of the 1 yo on her flight back from Florida. My wife broke down in tears telling me about it when she got home. I cried some as well listening. So heartbreaking.

I share this first with a caution. In the politically charged world we live in it will be really easy for scapegoating and distracted finger pointing, so let’s not focus on the “Who” until investigation are completed.

From a trusted source:

“Something larger is at play. The wind event was used to create a massive amount of chaos. Our state had been having a nice slow fire year destruction wise and for a month of hot dry weather hadn't had any really big bad fires. Then one wind event and every highway and drainage across the mountain and major travel corridors suddenly have starts. All within 12 to 24 hours of the event. Wasn't random enough. I manage a random ecosystem and look for patterns in it, this was a solid pattern“

Stay vigilant citizens. We need to report malicious behavior if seen.

This is just a amazing amount of smoke.

Name:	20202541716_GOES17-ABI-pnw-GEOCOLOR-2400x2400.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	339570

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This is just a amazing amount of smoke.

Name:	20202541716_GOES17-ABI-pnw-GEOCOLOR-2400x2400.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	339570
    And it's headed back my way. Yay! Not.

Had the house open this morning as it was a cool clear moring but now I'm starting to smell it waft in so the hatches have been battened down.

Increasing smoke is expected! A change from the current easterly wind pattern to a westerly wind will take place late today and persist through the weekend. This will begin to transport smoke from the large fires west of the Cascades across eastern Oregon and Washington this afternoon and overnight. Otherwise, a breezy Sunday is expected with a cold front Monday prompting breezy and cool conditions. Rain chances return to the forecast Tuesday and Wednesday.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

From my same trusted source, “There's so much chaos still it'll be awhile. Lots of threat of continued distruction. The east wind forced these fires downhill, well now the local weather patterns and normal onshore offshore flow will take over and these things can now potentially flank themselves and burn back up the mountain. At a huge natural disaster sized scale”

I hope you are kept safe KQ and everyone!

13YO boy and his grandma died in Beachie Creek fire.
    https://katu.com/news/local/13-year-...iam-creek-fire
    Family in Lyons had to run for their lives. Grandma had a broken leg. Both were found in a car
    More heartbreak.

And Storm Hood, your “trusted source” needs to put down the QAnon koolaid and get smart about wildfire.
    In 1910, three million acres in N Idaho burned in two days. See “Big Burn”

In 1933, 350k acres in NW Oregon burned in two weeks. Only heavy rain stopped the carnage. See “Tillamook burn”.

With thinking like your source, there should be a nationwide shortage of Tinfoil

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    And Storm Hood, your “trusted source” needs to put down the QAnon koolaid and get smart about wildfire.
    In 1910, three million acres in N Idaho burned in two days. See “Big Burn”

In 1933, 350k acres in NW Oregon burned in two weeks. Only heavy rain stopped the carnage. See “Tillamook burn”.

With thinking like your source, there should be a nationwide shortage of Tinfoil
    I came across this article today. Some of the links are legit, don't know about the overall premise as the site is listed as:

Overall, we rate Law Enforcement Today far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and failed fact checks.

Sources: Series of wildfires on the West Coast may be “coordinated and planned” attack

IMO while there have been arsonists arrested it may be more of a "weeeee! I like fire, I'm going to join in and start some of my own" situation rather than something that is coordinated. More opportunistic.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I came across this article today. Some of the links are legit, don't know about the overall premise as the site is listed as:

Overall, we rate Law Enforcement Today far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and failed fact checks.

Sources: Series of wildfires on the West Coast may be “coordinated and planned” attack

IMO while there have been arsonists arrested it may be more of a "weeeee! I like fire, I'm going to join in and start some of my own" situation rather than something that is coordinated. More opportunistic.
    Law enforcement agencies across Oregon are issuing statement pleading with people to stop spreading these rumors.

It is bonkers.

I find it hard to imagine that the arsonists mentioned in the article were part of some vast conspiracy. One would think the masterminds would be smart enough to not get caught in the act.

Guessing they haven’t heard of Occam’s Razor at Law Enforcement Today...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I find it hard to imagine that the arsonists mentioned in the article were part of some vast conspiracy. One would think the masterminds would be smart enough to not get caught in the act.

Guessing they haven’t heard of Occam’s Razor at Law Enforcement Today...
    ^ This.

No shit. Every fire cycle we have the criminal arsonists, the deranged, the stupid fucks, you name it.

Just days ago we were camped at 9000 ft in E Sierra on a USFS road. The general vibe was alertness (slink Fire to our north set the mood) but enjoying the clean air. Then Bam! sky turned orange, nasty smoke cloud up high came in as Creek fire to our far SW blew in. We scrambled and drove out right away. 5 mins later we saw group of campers had created enough of a pile for a bonfire. I mean WTF. 70 F, winds bringing Armageddon smoke cloud and they’re getting to roast a pig or something.

Anyway logic goes nowhere with the QAnon rumor spreaders. Too bad there isn’t an actual conspiracy afoot that could round up these fucktards and exile them to NK or Russia.

So saddened by the story of that 1 yr old. Also Storm Hood you are in my thoughts as well; must be hard being incapable of rational thinking. Vibes!!

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Law enforcement agencies across Oregon are issuing statement pleading with people to stop spreading these rumors.

It is bonkers.
    Law enforcement agency = deep state -> that's what they want you to believe /s

To put it in perspective, of Oregon's 4.2 million residents, about 4.2 million of them are going about their lives. Hundreds have lost their homes. While that's terrible if you're one of those hundreds, and we feel for them, it is nothing. But, SH, go ahead and panic.

I had just shared one such post from LE about avoiding rumors.

TBS, I had your position in a vigorous debate with my trusted friend two nights ago. I thought coincidental factors that erupted because of the weather event and conditions. In fact here was my drippings sarcastic message to him

“So a nefarious actor has been waiting in the wings to start a chain of fires. They see the forecast and they launch their attack? All while conveniently knocking trees into lines and somehow avoid the single most easily accessed Hwy from major centers of population, Hwy 26, sparing Mt Hood and Tillamook N.F?”

I still hold that many of the fires are accident; however, I no agree with my friend that arson is a possibility. There have been reports of arrests made. I am taking the let’s observe, be safe, and open-minded approach.

Also QANon can fuck off, but thanks for linking me to that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    No shit. Every fire cycle we have the criminal arsonists, the deranged, the stupid fucks, you name it.

Just days ago we were camped at 9000 ft in E Sierra on a USFS road. The general vibe was alertness (slink Fire to our north set the mood) but enjoying the clean air. Then Bam! sky turned orange, nasty smoke cloud up high came in as Creek fire to our far SW blew in. We scrambled and drove out right away. 5 mins later we saw group of campers had created enough of a pile for a bonfire. I mean WTF. 70 F, winds bringing Armageddon smoke cloud and they’re getting to roast a pig or something.
    JFC, the ignorant and stupid are the ones that require normal citizens to remain vigilant.

Crikey - Mollala OR Level 3 evac orders issued

Another example of a forest fire missing the trees:
    https://twitter.com/AnnieSciacca/sta...39376708825088
    #BearFire burned the elementary school, forest behind is untouched. It didn't use the fire lane either.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    d. Also Storm Hood you are in my thoughts as well; must be hard being incapable of rational thinking. Vibes!!
    Thank you for your concern. I admit that emotion and stress are not good for rational thought. You can save your kindness though for more worthy. I am lucky to be safe while others are not.

My wife is registered for an Improved Decision making for threat assessors class which will focus on how to avoid letting our brain trick ourselves into the conclusions we want to see. Maybe she will teach me something as a result?

I am riding the middle ground on this issue. I do not believe in Deep State or that this is work of some mass terrorist act. However, I do know that there are arsonist who act independently and with the goading of various social circles, and they could have easily been operating under the same derangement and desire to cause harm during an opportune time. Some of these people have recently been arrested

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...245447240.html

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...245637155.html

There is reasonable suspicion enough for other investigations:

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...hief-says.html

I will avoid any further turning this thread into a PolyAss, or a need to defend my logic, and will only post deduced conclusions, if I have any, and keep myself away from the more difficulty handled waters of induction and abduction.

I am sorry for all those harmed in these fires and best wishes to everyone.

Hey beer30 - looks like Tokatee GC may have been spared. This is the first perimeter map I’ve seen with any specificity
    https://www.centraloregonfire.org/wi...uality-maps-2/