Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2020 Wildfire Season

First wildfire in my area this season in proximity to homes. This fire is pretty close to where the Lobos Fire burned a few years ago, which was part of a federal wildfire disaster declaration. Fortunately, at this time, it looks like containment is expected soon and threat to structures will be mitigated.
    https://yubanet.com/regional-fires/wildwood-2/

As many know, we lost our house, and everything else, in the Thomas fire of 12/17. About two weeks ago I am at the house checking on the subs who are rebuilding our house when a column of smokes starts to rise up near by. ,Fortunately winds are not bad (unlike the night of the big fire) and so we just watch. I told the tile setters, painters and carpenters working on the house that they will become fireman if the need arises...this house will not be burned a second time. The county hit it hard and fast, and we watched chopper and bombers fly low over the house hit it before it got out of hand. Winds shifted and all was well, so all's well that ends well.

Lived her nearly thirty years, and never had fire worries until recently. This climate change shit is real, and we are living it.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Firefighter assistance requested to
    Nnnnnorthern Siberia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30989414-8CE3-4BB9-A978-89708847AF9E.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	691.5 KB 
ID:	333807

The #NumbersFire near South Lake Tahoe, California has burned an astonishing 20,500 acres after only starting less than 48 hours ago. There are some evacuation orders in place as firefighters from federal, state, and local agencies work to control the 0% contained blaze.

Find more information using our Wildfire Map, built with True North Gear: https://www.fireweatheravalanche.org...a/numbers-fire

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Nothing around BC this year so far. It has been so wet and cold I think we may be alright this summer. Bit less bikinis but I'll take it over smoky skies.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

as of July 6th there have been a total of 26,054 wildfires, burning 1,495,229 acres in the United States this year. Of those, 24,711 are human-caused fires!

#FireYear2020 #WildfirePrevention

*The data generated is gathered from the interagency Fire and Aviation Management Web Applications (FAMWEB) system, which includes the Situation Report and Incident Status Summary (ICS-209) programs.
    USA! USA!

Something big looks to be brewing East of Chelan. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1292.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	391.4 KB 
ID:	334401

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

40 acre fire just west of Evergreen, CO

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    we watched chopper and bombers fly
    This is a chopper:

Name:	46F0D87E-D193-48F9-9AC2-FF764BA9962D.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	807.1 KB 
ID:	334615

This is a bomber:

Name:	E39D7C9B-D712-44D0-BF40-CB86CDA62C93.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	334616

Sounds like you saw a helicopter and an airtanker
    Name:  7414026A-9270-461C-8020-7CD4F41B1E7A.jpeg
Views: 2149
Size:  13.1 KB

Yes, you are correct...I hang my head in shame.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Name:	IMG_0891.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	375.3 KB 
ID:	334655

This bitch came rolling over the hill on us in clear lake CA last week. We started hosing everything down and were ready to bounce but fortunately Cal fire got it under control and put it out

Photo from a few weeks ago at the airport. Patiently waiting for a call:

Name:	IMG_3558.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	334659

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    40 acre fire just west of Evergreen, CO
    S-64 Skycrane in water drop mode just took from Rocky Mountain heading that way, cool today so hope they stamp it out. 1000 homes evacuated, upper 90's sat/sun coming this way.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    S-64 Skycrane in water drop mode just took from Rocky Mountain heading that way, cool today so hope they stamp it out. 1000 homes evacuated, upper 90's sat/sun coming this way.
    They've also got Pike and Tatanka IHC assigned to the fire. Tatanka (from South Dakota) must have been prepositioned in CO because they got to the fire before Pike (from Monument, CO).

There are a ton of resources (crews, engines, helicopters) that have been moved to CO and WY from ID, MT, CA, OR, etc in anticipation of major fires given the drought and high temps in CO/WY.

Not counting engines and helicopters, there are currently 9 crews from out of state that are staging in the San Juan National Forest.

^^^ good to hear, a rats fart can set something off right now.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Nothing around BC this year so far. It has been so wet and cold I think we may be alright this summer. Bit less bikinis but I'll take it over smoky skies.
    its pretty wet & cold up here, after a couple of record fire years in BC I see the local crew chatting up the girls at the local craft brew without their radios and I'm not gettings those texts to drive groceries into fire camps on 1 hr notice
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    It's just the flu.

Comin' thru...

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Down here in Winnemucca on a strike team IA’ing as things pop. You desert folks are a special breed 🥵

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Down here in Winnemucca on a strike team IA’ing as things pop. You desert folks are a special breed 🥵
    Some years ago I spent six weeks on a detail flying air attack out of WMC, all over the state (I was based in AK at the time). Really interesting. I got a thing going with the Elko helitack forewoman, which was fun...and kept me out of the brothels. I loved the Basque hotels food and the mountains as long as you were above 9000 ft. Back then there was a place in Denio that had deservedly famous burgers, maybe it’s still there.

/reminiscing.

Wink

Snapt who O who do you work for and where are u based? I am out of Pocatello and might have crossed your path a few times. When I get a second and learn how to upload photos I will. We had a good IA in my hood this week. Stay safe my friend ski season is coming soon.

lotta air traffic outside wenatchee right now, pretty windy

Quote Originally Posted by telehacker View Post
    Snapt who O who do you work for and where are u based? I am out of Pocatello and might have crossed your path a few times. When I get a second and learn how to upload photos I will. We had a good IA in my hood this week. Stay safe my friend ski season is coming soon.
    I’m a structure guy in Driggs who gets to come play here and there come summer. We were on stand by for severity last week hoping to come down to Pokie. Ended up down here with a task force instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Some years ago I spent six weeks on a detail flying air attack out of WMC, all over the state (I was based in AK at the time). Really interesting. I got a thing going with the Elko helitack forewoman, which was fun...and kept me out of the brothels. I loved the Basque hotels food and the mountains as long as you were above 9000 ft. Back then there was a place in Denio that had deservedly famous burgers, maybe it’s still there.

/reminiscing.
    Many picon's in both of those places for nearly a decade. I learned a lot in the muck and the hellco.

I haven’t been through Denio in 5-6 years but the burgers were still there and still delicious.