Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Got a call from a friend on the west side (Woodinville), it's raining lightly there.
    Hope, hope, hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Hope, hope, hope.
    Yeah, def. They said on the news last night that it wasn't going to make it over the Cascades but seems like anything goes right now so maybe.

Weird here right now. The sun is actually out but if you look across the valley the smoke is thicker and our AQI has gone up in the last hour. Vertically it seems clearer but horizontally on the valley floor it is worse.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Did he hand out some rakes?
    Bandannas.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Bandannas.....
    At least it wasn't Buffs?

https://aqicn.org/map/washington/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Holy crap. Just stepped outside to grab a cat and it's so bad I could barely take a breath. Weird because it doesn't look at thick as it's been the but smoke is stonger and hotter.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    lools like Colbert is the place to be! Or Hermiston OR but they got the covfefe bad there so maybe not.

Edit: That's got to be a mistake. Airnow has Hermiston at 349
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    lools like Colbert is the place to be! Or Hermiston OR but they got the covfefe bad there so maybe not.
    Um, yeah.... I'm not so sure that monitoring station in Colbert is functioning. I'm not far from there and it's ugly (and smelly) outside.

ETA: There are two monitoring stations very close to each other in the area. One measures PM 2.5 and (I assume) PM 10. the other apparently only measures ozone.
    Last edited by GoldMember; 09-15-2020 at 09:18 AM.

The foothills above the u and in dry creek are burning right now. Family is feeling nervous. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200914_190543.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	340217

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    The foothills above the u and in dry creek are burning right now. Family is feeling nervous. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200914_190543.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	340217

sent from Utah.
    Do not wait to evacuate. This story just breaks my heart. It's as bad or worse than that family in Omak who lost their one year old. How? How can you go to sleep when you know a raging fire is 15 miles away? What happened to these people is horrible but the decisions made boggle my mind.

Family believes boy died in fire trying to save grandmother

Couple more pics. Looks to be controlled ..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200914_193645.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	340240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200914_194607.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	340241

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

The smoke has made here to the east coast making for a hazy yellowish sky. However, I've seen it worse before.
    On a somewhat related note. Much of New England and northern NY are REALLY dry right now. We haven't really had a good soaking rain in a long time and there is nothing in sight. The leaves are starting to change color, but so far has been a dull and dusty look. Once those leaves start to fall, and if this weather pattern keeps up, the asbestos forest of the northeast may see more fires than usual.
    Name:  dryforecast.JPG
Views: 807
Size:  95.0 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Weird, my parents are up at their place in the Adirondacks and said it rained most of the day Sunday.

It rained here too, but just enough to wet the surface of the ground. Not enough to really do much other then rinse a bit of the dust off stuff. I was moving a pile of topsoil around with the tractor Sunday and it was nothing but powder that blew all over the place in the wind. The little bit of rain we received didn't change that.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Is the pnw facing an acid rain-like event? I haven’t reading anything indicating that, but curious and the thought has crossed my mind.

It was actually fairly sunny here in Seattle about an hour ago. It doesn't seem like the AQI has budged much, but at least that smoke layer must be getting a little bit thinner if the sun was able to penetrate it.

US 12 is closed to both East and Westbound travel. The fire broke out about 5 miles east of the White Pass ski area last night. Photographer (and WP Parks Manager) Eric Schultheiss, was on his way up and alerted authorities and WP Mountain Manager, Russ Forman. Forman (pictured above) jumped in the WP tanker truck and headed down to get a jump on fighting the fire. USFS crews arrived shortly thereafter and have been working hard to get the upper hand. Unfortunately, we hear that the fire has grown. We want to thank the crews fighting fires across the Western US. Stay safe out there!

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The smoke has made here to the east coast making for a hazy yellowish sky. However, I've seen it worse before.
    On a somewhat related note. Much of New England and northern NY are REALLY dry right now. We haven't really had a good soaking rain in a long time and there is nothing in sight. The leaves are starting to change color, but so far has been a dull and dusty look. Once those leaves start to fall, and if this weather pattern keeps up, the asbestos forest of the northeast may see more fires than usual.
    Name:  dryforecast.JPG
Views: 807
Size:  95.0 KB
    It has been smoky here since late last week but the last two days it's been much more significant. This morning it was so thick you could look right at the sun until about 10am. Thankfully it's mostly up above 4-5000 feet so the air down low is fine but the light is very muted.

Very dry! I'm at less than half of normal since the end of May and that includes two tropical storms. For the last week I'm at 3% of normal and for the month of September so far it's about 8-9% of normal. Our well has run dry a few times now and at 396 feet it's almost never a problem. Fire danger is nutty high right now and the leaves are coming down already crumbly dry. It's getting scary and the trails are as busy as ever and hunters are going to start coming out. It's just a matter of when now...

Go Russ!!! GIT SUM.

Name:  IMG_1684.JPG
Views: 455
Size:  171.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Go Russ!!! GIT SUM.

Name:  IMG_1684.JPG
Views: 455
Size:  171.0 KB

Is that blurred?

Can’t imagine fighting that fire with that hose.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Is that blurred?

Can’t imagine fighting that fire with that hose.
    That's the standard size of hoses off water tankers. At least all the ones I've seen. They only hold so much water. I suppose you want a smaller hose so you have it to use longer. I think they are 1.5" to 2"

AQI here has declined to 394!
    Time for a bike ride!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    AQI here has declined to 394!
    Time for a bike ride!
    We're actually below 300 in a couple of monitoring stations but, no, not going to ride this week.

this made me laugh
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AQI LOL.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	340358

Central-ish ID AQI is reading 51... no a chance in hell that’s accurate