What wheel and pivot bearings are you using?

I've historically used enduro? Anyone using another they are having longer life out of? Philwood?

Getting ready to place an order and wondering if there is something better?

I have Enduro pivot bearings with the black oxide coating, and 4/8 of them seized since I replaced them in November. I am assuming this is not a common occurrence, but it kind of sucks.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Did you slow press them in, or hammer them? I've never had one last less than a year, but I don't live where you do with all the rain. That is just terrible!

I've had longer life out of Japanese bearings than Enduro brand, in wheels. In suspension pivots, Enduro has been fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've had longer life out of Japanese bearings than Enduro brand, in wheels. In suspension pivots, Enduro has been fine.
    What site did you buy from? Ceramic or standard. The fact that they sell ceramic rollers for a price similar to Enduro is intriguing, but I haven't had the guts to try.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Did you slow press them in, or hammer them? I've never had one last less than a year, but I don't live where you do with all the rain. That is just terrible!
    I pressed them in. I think the premature failure might have something to do with my linkage axles being worn and undersized, so water can get into the hollow link that the bearings live in. Or something.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    What site did you buy from? Ceramic or standard. The fact that they sell ceramic rollers for a price similar to Enduro is intriguing, but I haven't had the guts to try.

Thanks
    I've never used ceramic bearings. I've bought Enduro ones from them directly, and from online shops - Jenson, Worldwide, probably others. I've gotten a few Japanese ones from Amazon, they've been nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.