Not so sure I'd be walking around in the debris zone when aftershocks could easily bring down more rock.

I only first heard it was 5.8 quake. While not small, I’d be nervous that more up there isn’t exactly super serious stable.

Wonder what size rake head the commander duffus recommends for situations like this?

A serious stroke of good luck that Covid had kept that large and normally booming campground, and the normally booming trailhead, all but entirely closed (it was only a week earlier that they opened the road and trailhead, but only for hiking access to Lone Pine Lake, not for the vastly more popular Whitney Zone; pretty much all other high Sierra wilderness trailheads opened around June 1, but not the Whitney trail).

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Not so sure I'd be walking around in the debris zone when aftershocks could easily bring down more rock.
    Dude it took all of history to get one rock there, what are the odds that there will suddenly be two?

If that vid isn't sobering enough, consider that those heavy ass rocks didn't just drop from the sky, there was some bouncing and bowling involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Dude it took all of history to get one rock there, what are the odds that there will suddenly be two?
    Tell that theory to this guy:

I still call it The Jake.

don't know the reference bmills.

I've seen some pretty big damn rocks on and near the road in BCC. Good-seized ones almost daily under the right conditions. A bit sketchy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    don't know the reference bmills.

I've seen some pretty big damn rocks on and near the road in BCC. Good-seized ones almost daily under the right conditions. A bit sketchy sometimes.
    lightning striking twice in the same spot

I still call it The Jake.

Looks like you’re wankin’ your crank. You don’t crumple the paper up, you gotta twist it! Twist it!
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.