Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Asogear on eBay had a bunch (so they claim) of 186s for sale for like 425, just snagged a pair, although mine haven’t shipped yet so that’s a little concerning, but grab em!
    Yeah just a week or two before I picked mine up off of craigslist, I almost pulled the trigger on the Corbett/Asogear ones on ebay. I had some ebay bucks and - I think the day before I went to buy them - Aso pulled the auction. I asked them to put it back up, but they never did.

I did eventually email them, and they claimed they'd do the same deal ($425 shipped) if I just called them. So, I'm pretty sure anyone can still get the deal, you'll just have to deal with Corbett's directly. (https://www.corbetts.com/) They aren't listed on corbetts.com either - so you'll have to bring it up to them directly.

Highly recommended!

I have another couple of days on the 186 Bodacious'.

Man they are SO GOOD!
    Every time I ski them, I'm just blown away.

They were awesome yesterday in the heavy MHM stuff. And as it started to firm-up late afternoon, they kept delivering.
    By 4p though, I was spent and decided to call it a day before I got hauled off in a toboggan.

But yeah; If you're a big guns, ultra stable, damp ski, kind of person, these are for you. Pick up a pair while they are still available.
    Seriously. So glad I caved and got a pair in 186.

I've got a second pair on the way as backups. Love that ski so much.

What is the consensus on mount point for the Bodacious? I've searched a bit to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    What is the consensus on mount point for the Bodacious? I've searched a bit to no avail.
    On ze line

^^^ I concur

Thirded.

I didn’t like mine on the line. Went +1.5 and they’re great. But I’m used to hoji designed skis which have a more progressive mount point.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I didn’t like mine on the line. Went +1.5 and they’re great. But I’m used to hoji designed skis which have a more progressive mount point.
    Heh. I own and love Ravens and Renegades, at Hoji's recommended mount point formula based on boot size (puts me at -1 from the printed line) but like the Bodacious on the line better than forward. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Heh. I own and love Ravens and Renegades, at Hoji's recommended mount point formula based on boot size (puts me at -1 from the printed line) but like the Bodacious on the line better than forward. *shrug*
    Same with me 25.5 on hoji recs, but didn’t love the bod at +2. YMMV

I like Hoji at -1 from Hoji's recommended formula, and Bod 186 at -2 from the line

I'll just add that while I've not tried the Bodacious at anything other than on the line - it's "totally wicked" there!
    (The Bodacious would be my choice if I could only pick one ski.)

Thanks for the input fellas. I was thinking +1 initially, but now I am inclined to go for ze line. Will make my mind up when the postman drops them off. Excited to try these rockets, mega impulse buy on a good deal 300EUR in wrapper. These are joining 187 brahmas, 184 wrens 108 and 186 Rens, I think they will fit right in.

Wondering the same. A certain Canadian on the FWT skis his 186 bodes at +4. I have a pair of 196 that feels like they have a lot of tip. Anyone experimented with +1,2,3 or 4!?

Both Evo and Backcountry have a few pair of the OG Bodacious 186 remake. BC's price is better but Evo has Price Match which will bring it down to about $560--not bad for one of the best skis ever made.

Anyone over 6 ft and 200lbs, on the 186? I see some slightly under that using them, and really enjoy them. I always felt in between sizes on this ski, otherwise would have boughten in a heartbeat. Part of me thinks the 186 will be a mini-beast, that I can manhandle to make it do whatever I want and could have a really great time. The other part is a little afraid they will be slightly too short.

How well do they handle firm snow, and how well can they be daily driven say compared to Wildcat? I always loved the 190 Wildcat/Bibby for firm snow and daily driving, even though it's wide, and I've read some people love these Bodacious for daily driving also
    Last edited by AEvospace; 08-05-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    Anyone over 6 ft and 200lbs, on the 186? I see some slightly under that using them, and really enjoy them. I always felt in between sizes on this ski, otherwise would have boughten in a heartbeat. Part of me thinks the 186 will be a mini-beast, that I can manhandle to make it do whatever I want and could have a really great time. The other part is a little afraid they will be slightly too short.

How well do they handle firm snow, and how well can they be daily driven say compared to Wildcat? I always loved the 190 Wildcat/Bibby for firm snow and daily driving, even though it's wide, and I've read some people love these Bodacious for daily driving also
    I’m just shy of 5’11.5 but I weigh 200. I ski the 186 Bodacious. It’s big and burly enough that I can ski it in all conditions, every day. On deep days I can switch to a 193 Bodes or 189 Spurs. But for those unknown condition days or tree run days it’s the 186.
    The flat tail and low rocker make it ski longer than it really is.
    They’re not the greatest on hard pack, but they’re not the worst either.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post

I'm a lot lighter than you at about 6' / 165lb, but the 190 Bibby and 186 Bodacious are two of my all time favorites. And FWIW I think the Bodacious is significantly more ski. It's a bit stronger on edge, but does also take more speed for it to really want to carve a turn; the Bibby's easier to bend into a proper carve at lower speeds (at my weight, anyway) provided that the snow is soft enough for it to be pretty edgeable.

The Bibby definitely floats better, but the Bodacious is an even better soft chop destroyer. The Bibby also feels a bit looser and more playful; the Bodacious is pretty easy to pivot, but there's nothing playful about it. It's just way too damp and un-poppy for that adjective to fit at all.

5'10.5" and around 215. The 186 Bode is a great ski. IMO it'd make a great daily driver. Personally I prefer the 196 over the 186. The 196 is definitely more work but I just like the way it skis more than the 186.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Both Evo and Backcountry have a few pair of the OG Bodacious 186 remake. BC's price is better but Evo has Price Match which will bring it down to about $560--not bad for one of the best skis ever made.
    No more 186's at evo. The last of the 196's will be there sometime this fall, along with some genuine World Cup skis.

Ok, this isn't about the Bodacious.
    (But it's my thread, so I can do what I want, eh?)

But it IS about the next best thing. The OG Cochise.
    I've a story to tell.

I've been hunting for an OG Cochise in 185 for a couple of years now. They've always been too far away, too expensive, or gone too quick.
    I've been searching CL nation-wide since last year. (Not all the time, but pretty regularly. I wish you could have search tempest save a search and just return hits as they come in, rather than having to remember every week or three and re-do all your searches. But I digress.)

So, a few days ago I suddenly thought "Facebook Marketplace." Now I *hate* facebook. (Scum sucking parasites, IMO, but I digress again.) But I'll tolerate FB if they'll help me score an OG Cochise.

So, I do a search. And just like last November, I do a search and "Poof" there's a pair, and in Beaverton no less.
    But the guy has Kingpins on them, and so they're not cheap.

I ask - are you willing to strip the bindings and I'll grab those "old" skis for say $125?
    He was willing! Oh Sweet!

And to top it off. When I met up, he wanted to meet the same place as I got the Bodacious' last year. And it turns out to be the same guy.
    As the little boy at the end of "The Incredibles" says "That was totally wicked!!!"

I'm stoked.
    (But I really gotta sell off some stuff this fall!)

I also scored a cheap pair of 185 OGs on here last spring. I've loved the OG Bodacious for a long time, very stoked to get out on these.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I also scored a cheap pair of 185 OGs on here last spring. I've loved the OG Bodacious for a long time, very stoked to get out on these.
    I picked up some 185 Cochise here as well due to my love of the OG Bod. For what they are I think I should have gotten the 193.
    But instead I was offered a pair of 189 Bonafide 97s in trade for my spare pair of OG Bods.

I think I’d still like to get a pair of 196 Bodacious to go with everything else in my quiver. Oh well, a guy can dream.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I picked up some 185 Cochise here as well due to my love of the OG Bod. For what they are I think I should have gotten the 193.
    But instead I was offered a pair of 189 Bonafide 97s in trade for my spare pair of OG Bods.

I think I’d still like to get a pair of 196 Bodacious to go with everything else in my quiver. Oh well, a guy can dream.

I have a line on a OG Cochise 193 in Bend.
    (I should have said, that I'm more or less planning to pass up. But if someone else wants the deets, I'm glad to share.)
    Last edited by gregorys; 09-29-2021 at 06:27 PM.