Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Europe to ban America

How ironic. Maybe they will send a tweet at midnight telling America that they don't want their infected asses coming to their countries. Effective immediately.

https://news.yahoo.com/as-covid-case...164627926.html
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Was on a ww call yesterday, no one wants us and they dont want to come here.

Do we qualify for diplomatic immunity now?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

just sweeten the deal so offer more money, that and talk louder
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My wife and kids have German passports, but reside in USA. I guess they will be allowed to travel freely
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

How about political refugee?

hey we banned America so how come we don't get our own thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    hey we banned America so how come we don't get our own thread ?
    You're fake Canadien, you didn't end that with an "eh".

^ dont worry, the McKenzie bros on the call told us to fuck off also

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^ dont worry, the McKenzie bros on the call told us to fuck off also
    A call from the ISS. Really going the extra mile, those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    You're fake Canadien, you didn't end that with an "eh".
    dats ^^ not de h'english spelling n'est-ce pas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    How ironic. Maybe they will send a tweet at midnight telling America that they don't want their infected asses coming to their countries. Effective immediately.

https://news.yahoo.com/as-covid-case...164627926.html
    There's been a lot of bullshit written about an "EU travel ban".

The EU is encouraging coordination of individual member nation's travel bans.

They have no authority to impose or override any such ban or lack of ban on individual member nations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Gonna apply for political asylum in the EU.

This country is fucked beyond repair and I blame schindlerpiste and coreshot.

Talking

Name:  8DEDEA25-58CA-416B-ABF0-3ADB528F71C9.jpeg
Views: 422
Size:  28.5 KB

UK, Spain, Italy, Sweden and France still have more deaths per capita than the US. Canada is number 20 on that list.

Does the EU and Canada have as much large scale agricultural industry as the US? And specifically, labor intensive agricultural industries (like fruit picking) not Alberta wheat fields, which do not require much labor. Here in Washington State, the biggest outbreak per capita is in Yakima County, which is mostly rural, and is the most Hispanic area of the state. The outbreaks stem from poor working conditions for the migrant workers who pick all the crops that Americans and Canadians consume. Central valley in California is also a hot spot, and produces the majority of produce for all of North America. Not sure where EU gets their apples from, but I was under the impression that the EU is a major food importer, so they don't have as much of the nasty food processing and other large scale ag industries that have helped lead to recent outbreaks. I get the impression that agriculture in Canada and the EU is more hobby farming, and they let the US, Mexico, and other (poorer) nations do their dirty work for them.
    Last edited by altasnob; 06-25-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Who needs Europe, we have upstate NY.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    UK, Spain, Italy, Sweden and France still have more deaths per capita than the US. Canada is number 20 on that list.

Does the EU and Canada have as much large scale agricultural industry as the US? And specifically, labor intensive agricultural industries (like fruit picking) not Alberta wheat fields, which do not require much labor. Here in Washington State, the biggest outbreak per capita is in Yakima County, which is mostly rural, and is the most Hispanic area of the state. The outbreaks stem from poor working conditions for the migrant workers who pick all the crops that Americans and Canadians consume. Central valley in California is also a hot spot, and produces the majority of produce for all of North America. Not sure where EU gets their apples from, but I was under the impression that the EU is a major food importer, so they don't have as much of the nasty food processing and other large scale ag industries that have helped lead to recent outbreaks. I get the impression that agriculture in Canada and the EU is more hobby farming, and they let the US, Mexico, and other (poorer) nations do their dirty work for them.
    Yes, southern Ontario and BC have large-scale fruit and veg agriculture that depends on migrant farm labour, and there are issues with COVID-19 in those worker populations. The Windsor area has recently been hit hard with outbreaks. BC so far has been successful at avoiding any significant outbreaks in our agri sector that I am aware of.
    While our fruit and veggie farms are not on the scale of the US, neither is our population, but most of Canada's population is concentrated with a hundred km of our shared border.
    If I had my way, most of our veggies and all of the fruit we consume in our house would be from in-season, local producers. Unfortunately, many also spend money on US or SA produce that is tasteless in comparison, but most have never set foot on a working farm in their life anyway. Experiencing fresh ripe traditional variety produce fresh off the vine is a novelty at best <shrug>

My impression is the BC ag scene is very small compared to the ag scene in Washington State. And the ag scene in Washington State is very small compared to California. The only place that comes close to growing as much crap as California on earth is the area of Mexico just south of the Mexican boarder. If places like Washington and BC only consumed in season produce (as opposed to produce from California and Mexico) we'd be eating out of cans and jars for 8 months of the year. And food would costs ten times as much.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Yes, southern Ontario and BC have large-scale fruit and veg agriculture that depends on migrant farm labour, and there are issues with COVID-19 in those worker populations. The Windsor area has recently been hit hard with outbreaks. BC so far has been successful at avoiding any significant outbreaks in our agri sector that I am aware of.
    While our fruit and veggie farms are not on the scale of the US, neither is our population, but most of Canada's population is concentrated with a hundred km of our shared border.
    If I had my way, most of our veggies and all of the fruit we consume in our house would be from in-season, local producers. Unfortunately, many also spend money on US or SA produce that is tasteless in comparison, but most have never set foot on a working farm in their life anyway. Experiencing fresh ripe traditional variety produce fresh off the vine is a novelty at best <shrug>
    There's been some outbreaks at smaller ag facilities but they got self-reported and shut down pretty quickly. The government stepping in with assistance to transition laid-off workers may have helped. Per a friend who works in commodity brokerage which takes and makes delivery world-wide the ag facilities in Canada (particularly in the Prairies rely quite a bit more on automation to bring down costs rather than the US - method of cost-control by importing low-cost labour so the adjustment wasn't, in his words, "dramatic".

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Who needs Europe, we have upstate NY.
    I can find Europe on a map.

Upstate NY? We're working on that map.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Do we qualify for diplomatic immunity now?
    Only if you drive on the wrong side of the road and run over kids.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-anne-sacoolas

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post
    Only if you drive on the wrong side of the road and run over kids.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-anne-sacoolas
    I can only claim 1 of those qualifications.

For the most part Trumpheads could give a fuck about traveling to Yurp. In fact I don't recall seeing a single red hat at the Prado. Too dangerous for them to leave behind their small arms. I suppose the Dentist Trumphead dipshits might miss out on their trips to Greece but I'm sure they can get by partying with 1500 other people in a boom pool at the Lake of the Ozarks for one summer. Upper West Side Trumpheads? I don't know a single thing about those assholes. Maybe them. Do they go shopping in Yurp or just go there to be assholes?

How will your economy survive without European tourists who come to see the moose?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    ........... but I'm sure they can get by partying with 1500 other people in a boom pool at the Lake of the Ozarks for one summer.
    So true, getting gram feeds from local friends...... pools are full. Interesting concept over the last few years, each lake side bar is trying out do the others with their swim up bars.