Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    If im just just hanging out i usually skip lunch but if im doing something (usually skiing) salami/ gruyere cheese/ whole grain mustard on some bread is the tasty quick hit of protien that won't make yer ass look fat, chase it with a small thermos of herb tea

sometimes running saw i would skip the bread, pull it out of a pocket knock off the pine needles & eat it standing up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

holy shit
    I know people eat like shit in this country but wow
    thought I ate healthy but then I got my chest cracked open now I eat really healthy
    For the love of living a healthy life eat right it sucks cock but man
    I'm headed into the grocery store right now 75% of the stuff they sell us is shit it cries out to me, eat me buy me, it's hard as fuck
    Dump as all the microwave meals fuck fast food and sugar I'm addicted to sugar dont drink any soda dont buy sweets it sucks sucks hard getting off sugar was super hard

Pangolin is lean and tastes like a cross between squirrel and pork.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Finally we can get back to pangolin flakes in bat milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Finally we can get back to pangolin flakes in bat milk.
    It's a good use of the whole animal. Another good thing about this combo vs. corn/wheat flakes is you can pour the milk, and then if you realize you need to hit the bathroom for a quick visit, the flakes won't be soggy when you get back.

I've ruined many a bowl of cornflakes this way.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    lunchsafely
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7697 - Copy (2).JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	410.1 KB 
ID:	332492
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Wait .... what?
    If you don't eat enough vegetables your rumen atrophies, then when you eat a lot of vegetables all at once explosive gases form and if there's a nearby ignition source . . .
    At least that's how I remember it, but my anatomy and physiology was 47 years ago, so it's possible I remember it wrong.

In the field it's just some trail mix and lean jerky. Quick and easy on the go, calorie and protein rich and I can control the salt for the season. The best were when I was administering silviculture contracts with Sikhs; simple naan and chicken masala, and not a drop of sweat working the afternoon in humid 30° heat.
    Office days, home is close enough that I return to the casa for a hot lunch. The sammy afterwards ain't to shabby either. Except COVID and homeschooling has chilled the entree more than a little the past few months. Fuck 2020.

^^Can you expound on this? Are you saying the Indian spice kept you from sweating?

I love a good veggie sandwich, once the garden starts cranking, get some real good sourdough, some hummus or mayo, provolone or good sharp cheddar, and put some cucumber, tomato, carrot, spinach, radish, whatever else you have, on there with some s&p and enjoy, also works well in a tortilla for less mess.
    A big bowl of greek yogurt with fruits, granola, nuts, etc also fills me up pretty dang good.

Or just skip the real fast food and focus on the local taco carts, arguably "better" for you but with less of the questionable meat choices, imo. Harmons has a killer salad bar too, and its right there.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Tortilla, cheese/hummus, meat, salad type blend of ones choosing, dressing if one desires.
    Wrap it up.
    Eat.

Play with the toaster a little for bonus points if available.

Key part of being successful at bringing lunch to work is avoiding the work kitchen fridge drama.

Get yourself one of these, fill it with whatever is in your fridge and a little freeze pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    ^^Can you expound on this? Are you saying the Indian spice kept you from sweating?
    The foreman said he rose at dawn to check the weather, and then discuss with the cook the combination of spice and salt at breakfast and lunch that would best serve the day's work. Heat never seemed an issue, but a cool wet front could slow production by over half.

IME in the bush running saw or being the stick bitch if I stop for very long I will just get cold/ might seize up/ won't wana move so its better to stay on my feet choke some food down real quick and keep going
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    In the field it's just some trail mix and lean jerky. Quick and easy on the go, calorie and protein rich and I can control the salt for the season. The best were when I was administering silviculture contracts with Sikhs; simple naan and chicken masala, and not a drop of sweat working the afternoon in humid 30° heat.
    Office days, home is close enough that I return to the casa for a hot lunch. The sammy afterwards ain't to shabby either. Except COVID and homeschooling has chilled the entree more than a little the past few months. Fuck 2020.
    Hot lunch. Heh. NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Harmons has a killer salad bar too, and its right there.
    Have you seen a Harmon's salad bar set-up in-store in the last few months? They shut that shit down for awhile. I used to eat it 3x a week. OP is eating differently because of COVID btw, I think everyone is missing this in his post. Going to a taco cart isn't what he's asking for either.

Speaking of taco carts being a bit more healthy, not that I will stop eating at them, but don't they all use lard when cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Have you seen a Harmon's salad bar set-up in-store in the last few months? They shut that shit down for awhile. I used to eat it 3x a week. OP is eating differently because of COVID btw, I think everyone is missing this in his post. Going to a taco cart isn't what he's asking for either.

Speaking of taco carts being a bit more healthy, not that I will stop eating at them, but don't they all use lard when cooking?
    Probably. Tacos aren't exactly health food, sadly.

Anyhow, I always keep a can or two of soup in my desk drawer at work as my go-to on days when I don't have leftovers. Read the nutrition label and you can usually find one that eats okay and won't kill you too quickly. The Amy's Lentil Vegetable and an apple is a pretty satisfying work lunch and I'm not out of pocket more than $3 or so for it.

I wish I had the willpower to just plow through the day and skip lunch, but I need a break from the TPS reports. And if I use that break to go for a jog or hit the gym I end up hungry.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I heard of these two women who started a company making delicious healthy snacks packed perfectly for your on-the-go lifestyle. If only I could remember what they call the company.

2fraulein?

Something like that.

Made an on-line order from Walmart tonight. Grabbed some dried bacon, strawberries, craisins, croutons, and cheese, gonna throw up the garden salad for at least three days a week, stouffers the other two days.

Like Muted said I’m not looking to hit up restaurants, my business has slacked off because we don’t let anyone in the building, I’m not gonna offset that by exposing myself.

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll incorporate some of them.

Cook a buttload of pinto beans (or garbanzo or whatever you're into), 8 cups or more of dry beans at a time if you have a big enough pot, and freeze batches of them in ziploc sandwich bags. Put them in the fridge to thaw out as needed. Tastes far better than canned beans. Make quickie burritos, rice bowls, add heft to salads, whatever.

Yes, salads, as others have mentioned. I find my overall diet is better if I do a nice salad at lunch instead of filling up with crap and not having room for salad at dinner. And hey, make your own dressing, like a half-gallon at a time if it's not dairy-based (cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, Grey Poupon, fresh parsley, plenty of chopped garlic, salt and assorted dried herbs), jeez, why doesn't everyone do this (with lots of EVOO, keep the current small jar you're going through unrefrigerated so it stays liquid)? Splurge sometimes by tossing in a mix of your high quality ingredients dressing with some store-bought you like.

Pretty much anything that you can cook up quickly in a sauce pan, from the mundane (tofuburger or whatever) to the special (sockeye filet that you thawed out the night before) will come out delicious if you chop and toss in (with a bit of extra oil) about 1/3 of an onion and a couple nice cloves of garlic. Plus maybe a couple of mushrooms and other veggies if you really want to smother the main thing with yum. Add some Pickapeppa sauce, or whatever you're into, grind some pepper and salt it some. Easy and not much more effort than the original thing you were pan-frying up. Oh, and if you're in too much of a hurry to cook your fish filet properly, just break it up with the spatula while you're stir-frying, smushing it up with the onion and everything else; it won't win you any presentation awards, but it's still tasty.

Oh, and one more thing that's recently available: You can buy Impossible meat at supermarkets now. Okay, maybe you don't like the taste (or more likely the vibe) as much as actual beef, but the thing is, you can just stick raw Impossible on a plate in the microwave with some cheese on it, and bam, a burger, and no worry about meat diseases. (Gotta admit, though, it's better in the pan with onions and garlic etc per above.)

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Hot lunch. Heh. NTTAWWT.
    The nooner is one of the most underrated upsides of a short commute.

Tasty lunch ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I heard of these two women who started a company making delicious healthy snacks packed perfectly for your on-the-go lifestyle. If only I could remember what they call the company.
    Aunt Jemimah and Mrs. Butterworth?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.