Page 224 of 508 FirstFirst ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 12676
    ^^
    Normally I'd object to having hippies in the upstate, but he's clearly brought the stoke ... so carry on my good man.

Gents,
    Forget pictures of trains. Virtual land ownership is hot--see below. Anyone interested in selling Upstate NY to some Bitcoiners?

Bridgetown, Barbados / Malaga, Spain / Toronto, Canada – TheNewswire - November 4, 2021 – Oasis Digital Studios Limited (“Oasis”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Liquid Avatar Technologies Inc. (CSE:LQID) / (OTC:LQAVF) / (FRA:4T51) / (CNSX:LQID), a global blockchain, digital identity and fintech solutions company, is pleased to announce that Oasis’ client Aftermath Islands has launched its Virtual Land sales for Phase 1 of its metaverse platform using Masscult’s Waxify, the Shopify app that will enable Aftermath Islands storefront to easily bundle and offer Digital Collectibles on the Wax blockchain. A limited number of single plots of Virtual Land representing 1000m2 are available at introductory prices starting at $35 USD, and larger limited parcels of Virtual Land starting with 4 plots and as large as 100 plots also available. According to Aftermath Islands, just over 7,500 parcels on themed, community and estate islands, with a value of approximately $1,400,000 USD have been released in the opening sale with other phases currently in development. Previews are available at www.aftermathislands.com Virtual Land purchases can be purchased in Fiat, or traditional currencies, as well as select cryptocurrencies, using PayPal and Coinbase, with no gas fees, and automatically have the assets dropped to their connected wallets.
    Aftermath Islands is a planned metaverse, which is under an exclusive agency contract with Oasis. Previews are available for all themed, community and estate islands. Additional assets such as thematic dwellings designed for each island, community and estate are under development along with other interactive items which will also ultimately be available for sale as NFTs. All NFTs can be resold, at the discretion of the holder using 3rd party, non-affiliated marketplaces, and private sale programs.
    Aftermath Islands will provide online users with theme-based first-person, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) experiences, quests, games, and integrated eCommerce activities, creating a virtual world supported by users and brands. Under its exclusive agency contract, Oasis, will receive up to 30% of the revenue from all sales, including primary Virtual Land (“VL”) and items, a portion of land and item resales, property management fees, together with a significant grant of VL, and exercisable equity in the platform. The Liquid Avatar Mobile App is also slated to play a role to support digital credentials required to manage Aftermath Islands metaverse accounts and asset verification.
    All Aftermath Islands’ players will also have access to create a Liquid Avatar account allowing them to manage their digital identity and certain ‘cross-over’ assets and activities connecting their in-game activities to their real-world activities and engagement. Potential opportunities include managing avatars, items, integrated Augmented Reality (AR) events and programs, and purchasing conventional items like sneakers or trainers through KABN KASH and receiving exclusive bonuses, like matching digital assets for use in Aftermath Islands.
    Limited brand and private island partnerships that will allow consumer, entertainment, sports, Defi, fintech and commercial organizations to build and manage their own experiences inside the Aftermath Islands metaverse are currently in discussion.
    Aftermath Islands advises that in the coming months, updated white papers and technical reviews will be available, the initial governing counsel will be formed, and additional themes, new communities, and estates will open allowing players to own Virtual Land across a wide range of islands. For entertainment, financial, game, product, and other brands, select island environments will allow commercial operations and ownership, providing enterprises with the tools to create and support economic opportunities.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Oh good, they take PayPal.
    I still call it The Jake.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^^ With all the bike shops along the trails around the state it's pretty disappointing that there is only one mentioned. IMO it isn't one of the better ones, in fact I think I would travel a reasonable distance for another one if that was the shop in my town.

^^no NYT subscription for me. What shop gets mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The movie 21 Bridges mentions Utica as upstate. I don't think that was ever a question for most folks here.

@ticketchecker - the one in Valatie that recently moved there from Chatham.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    ^^no NYT subscription for me. What shop gets mentioned?

Having a NYT subscription is actually NOT very ‘upstate’, you get a pass…

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Oh good, they take PayPal.
    So I’m in Albany. How many cases of UC do I need to move south?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    @ticketchecker - the one in Valatie that recently moved there from Chatham.
    Phew. Friend of mine owns Towpath in Pittsford, didn’t think it would be him.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

20?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    20?

I now have one case surplus to my own immediate needs. There will probably be an opportunity to pick up more before the proposed meetup takes place. Has anybody suggested a location?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Having a NYT subscription is actually NOT very ‘upstate’, you get a pass…
    Right?

Is Bristol really in the running for a meet up?

I'm curious, how does that skitracks app calculate slope? I'm assuming that's max angle?

Ok. This is the ultimate upstate
    Naked dude
    Trapped in the walls
    Where else could this happen?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ater-DAYS.html

A naked man was rescued by firefighters after being trapped inside the walls of a historic theater in Upstate New York for days on Friday morning, according to local authorities.

The Syracuse Fire Department received a call just after 7:30 am of a person trapped inside the walls of the Landmark Theater, which opened back in 1928, after an employee at the performing arts center heard a man yelling for help, Syracuse Fire Deputy Chief John Kane told Syracuse.com.

Authorities believe the 39-year-old man, who was not identified by name, had gained entry to the theater on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The department was forced to drill a hole into the theater wall to make space for a tiny fiber-optic camera, which was used 'to determine his exact location and how best to extricate him.'
    . . .

Saw quite a few great shows at the Landmark! Beautiful old venue. Graham Nash told everyone to turn around and admire the building at a CSN concert, they turned on the lights for a few seconds, and everyone turned around and gaped.

Getting caught committing a badly planned caper while naked does some pretty upstate.

I saw Zappa at the Landmark, way better than getting stuck in the walls of the place nekkid

That place is cool, great shop. I need an intro

Right?

Is Bristol really in the running for a meet up?
    I thought it was a good idea, off the beaten path with the potential to be really good. It could also be less than mediocre...

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    So I’m in Albany. How many cases of UC do I need to move south?
    My bad on missing this the first time 'round. Been a long weekend dealing with puke, puppies and my Brownies.

We've got some time before we finalize case numbers I think.
    I still call it The Jake.

free skiing for 3rd and 4th graders...only $41? such a deal!

https://www.iskiny.com/ski-ride/ski-...ssport-program

The distance between my online and real worlds are shrinking. That scares me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The distance between my online and real worlds are shrinking. That scares me a bit.
    Tell me about it. By pure randomness, I’m now almost related to a guy I know through the NYSB forum- small fucking world.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    My bad on missing this the first time 'round. Been a long weekend dealing with puke, puppies and my Brownies.

We've got some time before we finalize case numbers I think.
    I want to hear about the puke the most for some reason