Page 219 of 507 FirstFirst ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 12675
    I had my first Troop K court encounter at Austerlitz 36 years ago. Fucking cop wrote the wrong date on the ticket and when I got there then building was locked up tight. I raced down from school after my last class at Castleton and almost got pulled over twice. I had class the next day so went back to school. I called the clerk around lunchtime and got yelled at for missing the date and I had to go back in to reschedule so I drove back down and got there at 4:50. Of course the person that handled that was already gone, it was the woman that told me to come in before 5. Bitch... So another round trip for nothing and I still had to go back but couldn't for a few days. Those assholes hit me with a penalty! Tagkhanic is another contender for the best Kangaroo Court.

The wrong date written would have been dismissed in court. I got a ticket on Rt 22 in Salem, NY once and cop circled AM instead of PM. I fought it and won. Man, was that cop pissed when judge dismissed the ticket.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Why do all speeding tickets have to go to court in NY? In VT you just mail in the fine, unless you are contesting, which I have never done. I've always been nailed dead to rights.

You can do that in New York to, but it’s a stupid thing to do here. All speeding tickets go before the district attorney for plea-bargaining Way before there’s any hint of a trial. You only see the judge to agree to the plea. You should be able to get anything under 80 miles an hour reduced to no seatbelt or even illegal parking. Most people don’t care about the fine really, it’s all about avoiding the points on your license so you don’t lose it. It’s a fucked up system.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The wrong date written would have been dismissed in court. I got a ticket on Rt 22 in Salem, NY once and cop circled AM instead of PM. I fought it and won. Man, was that cop pissed when judge dismissed the ticket.
    Was this when you ran into the slick-speaking latin lawyer representing the crowd of ESL speeding ticket offenders?

This stretch of road sounds like the entire interstate system of Ohio - they're only there for revenue enhancement.
    I still call it The Jake.

Only part of it was dismissed. It was a huge ticket, over $3k! I stopped at around 4:30am to piss on the side of the road, hadn't seen another car in my direction for over an hour so I figured I'd just stop. Of course that's when the trooper shows up. I'm standing there doing my thing and he pulls up and lights me up with every light on the car and screams hands up. I was aiming and couldn't let go right then so he freaked out and grabbed me and I spun around and pissed on his legs. Well you can imagine how that went... I got indecent exposure, urinating in public, littering and parking illegally because I had two wheels on the curb so I didn't get totally stuck in the snow. When the judge asked me to explain I told the story and the whole room busted up when I mentioned pissing on the cop I got the illegal park part dismissed but not the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Was this when you ran into the slick-speaking latin lawyer representing the crowd of ESL speeding ticket offenders?
    Oh. That was another one, in NJ, where they had the interpreter. It was more like the English as a third language crowd. It was some spectacle that evening. The Bergen County Sheriff was there with 5 guys in orange jumpsuits all chained together. I entered my plea and left before finding out what those guys did.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Gang pee on a cop?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Only part of it was dismissed. It was a huge ticket, over $3k! I stopped at around 4:30am to piss on the side of the road, hadn't seen another car in my direction for over an hour so I figured I'd just stop. Of course that's when the trooper shows up. I'm standing there doing my thing and he pulls up and lights me up with every light on the car and screams hands up. I was aiming and couldn't let go right then so he freaked out and grabbed me and I spun around and pissed on his legs. Well you can imagine how that went... I got indecent exposure, urinating in public, littering and parking illegally because I had two wheels on the curb so I didn't get totally stuck in the snow. When the judge asked me to explain I told the story and the whole room busted up when I mentioned pissing on the cop I got the illegal park part dismissed but not the rest.
    rolling over here .... that's classic

That is all time.

Awesome.

You know, I was just sitting here thinking about all the tickets I’ve gotten over the years. When I was younger I got ALOT- many of them on the Taconic- but I’m not sure all of them together would add up to 3k. This is truly impressive.

In hindsight it's hysterical but for a little 18 year old alone with a cop a foot taller than me it was terrifying but I laughed anyway (or because of?) and that probably made things worse. Now you guys got me thinking, I'm pretty sure I've had 16 tickets on the Taconic over the years Just barely missed a few on 17 and 81 today. BTW if you want a seriously pretty ride between Syracuse and Rochester I took East Ridge Rd, Rt 104, today and it was great. No lights for miles, some cool small towns, lotsa farms and vineyards, all in all a nice slice of The Upstate and a great way to avoid I90.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 10-22-2021 at 07:46 PM.

The bourbon list at the Custom House in Brockport isn't bad Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211023_175144.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	390063
    edit-
    There is actually quite a bit more than what's on this list and if you go for whiskeys that adds another 20 or more.

While the bar is pretty solid the overall experience absolutely sucked. It was a bit more than an hour to get seated then over an hour and a half to get served after ordering. We were going to leave twice but they convinced us to stay. We called one of the few other choices in that town and it was over an hour to get seated so we shut up and sat there (and drank more). Then when the food got there it sucked. Go for a drink not for food.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 10-23-2021 at 08:06 PM.

I walked into a nearly low end liquor store locally last year, and they had Pappy Van Winkle advertised on one of those cheezy window signs. I said, yeah, right. Come up to a cash register, and there's a bottle of the young stuff right next to the cashier, grabbing distance easily, for, if I remember, 1800 bucks. I kid you not. Had to be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I walked into a nearly low end liquor store locally last year, and they had Pappy Van Winkle advertised on one of those cheezy window signs. I said, yeah, right. Come up to a cash register, and there's a bottle of the young stuff right next to the cashier, grabbing distance easily, for, if I remember, 1800 bucks. I kid you not. Had to be fake.
    I wouldn’t assume that. Not all stores that that kind of customer. It might have been there a long time

Glade clearing day at Plattekill today. Nice weather and a great turnout

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8A125AB-8F56-4886-B205-247323650089.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	651.4 KB 
ID:	390080

Name:	04AB2D46-9B06-41AB-9898-5A20BFFBD367.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	703.0 KB 
ID:	390081

Name:	2CC20415-D4DC-4E6F-884E-99E4A98A50E7.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	361.2 KB 
ID:	390082

Name:	35325DFB-265B-49F5-B37F-04604865AC79.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	774.9 KB 
ID:	390083

Now we just need some snow

Oh it’s coming.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Oh it’s coming.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That's what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    That's what she said.
    Heh heh

This may be the most upstate pic I took yesterday. Don’t know how I missed it

Name:	7DCABD46-09B2-4829-9F6B-432FD889BD5C.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	390203

Upstate or WNY? Either way it was pretty, even with the (near) terminal overcast Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211024_144009_HDR.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	390259

Settle in boys. This will be on rinse and repeat for a while. The future is dim, but very WNY. On the upside, we don't have to worry about drought, flooding, tornados, or hurricanes.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.59.57 AM.png
Views: 274
Size:  47.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post

Name:	2CC20415-D4DC-4E6F-884E-99E4A98A50E7.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	361.2 KB 
ID:	390082
    I heart this ... good on ya Brownie.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I heart this ... good on ya Brownie.
    Thanks
    i should done a full TR but I was wiped

The Official Argue About Where Upstate NY Is Thread

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Settle in boys. This will be on rinse and repeat for a while. The future is dim, but very WNY. On the upside, we don't have to worry about drought, flooding, tornados, or hurricanes.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.59.57 AM.png
Views: 274
Size:  47.5 KB
    Everybody is calling in sick on Thursday afternoon.

Well, you do have to say farewell to the sun for a few months so I don’t blame em.