Page 150 of 505 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 12625
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I already told you guys how I got electrocuted by a McRib at an upstate McDonald’s right?
    You may have but I'm dumb and don't remember so in honor of your new avatar, which kicks ass, please regale us a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    You may have but I'm dumb and don't remember so in honor of your new avatar, which kicks ass, please regale us a second time.
    I remember it. It was awesome. I think it’s in TR’s McRib thread.

And I too fully endorse the new profile pic.
    I still call it The Jake.

Basically, I was 16 or 17 and the guy who owned the McDonalds I worked at considered himself a competent electrician so he went ahead and repaired an electric marinator that kept the McRib meat patties warm. I had prepped a bunch of buns on a metal tray and was picking delicious bbq sauce covered McRibs out of the marinator when I let the corner of the tray rest on the corner of the metal cart the marinator was on. Well it turned out the whole thing wasn’t grounded properly so when the metal tray touched the metal cart I completed a circuit from the mis-wired marinator through the cart, the tray, ME, into the floor. One second I was preparing a tray of delicious McRibs and the next I was on the floor, looking up at the ceiling, no idea what hit me. My buddy that was working the front was standing over me when I came to. He said I made a noise that sounded like I was dying but I hadn’t heard a thing. After I stood up and kicked the plug out of the wal, I noticed the tray was attached to the cart. It was probably ten by sixteen inches or so and maybe two square inches on one corner was touching the corner of the cart but the rest of it was sort of suspended in mid air. I pulled it off and turned it over and discovered it had been spot-welded to the cart. I don’t know how much electricity it takes to do that. I’m not sure I want to know.
    Whew. It’s one of those stories that gives me the sweats every time I tell it again.

And this occurred in the upstate, during the McRibs test introduction in the number one test market in the nation, Albany County.

And this occurred in the upstate, during the McRibs test introduction in the number one test market in the nation, Albany County.
    Which McD's?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    Which McD's?

Osborne Road- in Lodonville

And yeah, I should have sued the shit out of the owner but I didn’t. A friend of mine who worked there got jumped in the parking lot by two guys who had a grudge. That wasn’t the owners fault in any way but he sued or had a lawyer threaten to sue at least. He got a little settlement that was enough to buy a used Toyota pickup. I guess I’m not the suing type but in hindsight I should have. I didn’t even go to the hospital.

Thanks for sharing that again and vibes man.

Hope you at least got a McRib or two out of it.

If you give up a McRib,

You should get a McEve in return
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If you give up a McRib,

You should get a McEve in return
    Sounds like a cheap date

Letterkenney could be in upstate (check :47)

I don’t know if this is coincidence or a result of Food & Wine mining my data, but this popped up today.

European-style barge trip in Upstate New York wine country

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I don’t know if this is coincidence or a result of Food & Wine mining my data, but this popped up today.

European-style barge trip in Upstate New York wine country
    I smell a franchise opportunity.
    we can hit the Erie canal, the Genesee, hell eventually expand to the Schuylkill...

get the folks at Viking on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I smell a franchise opportunity.
    we can hit the Erie canal, the Genesee, hell eventually expand to the Schuylkill...

get the folks at Viking on the phone
    Those Viking phones are probably not ringing much for new business with Covid and all the ships pretty much sitting. Do they even have a boat small enough to go through the Erie Canal? Don't want one turned sideways and stuck like the Suez Canal recently.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Don't want one turned sideways and stuck like the Suez Canal recently.
    Actually, that would be hilarious

Just found out a buddy of mine has the Nick Tahou’s hot sauce recipe. Hold please

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Letterkenney could be in upstate (check :47)

Thats a good OV reference sure but the real issue is that I had no idea this show existed and now I may not get anything productive accomplished this weekend. Thanks

Thats a good OV reference sure but the real issue is that I had no idea this show existed and now I may not get anything productive accomplished this weekend. Thanks
    What? Give yer balls a tug and dive in.

(That’ll make much more sense after you’ve binged a couple seasons)

Osborne Road- in Lodonville

And yeah, I should have sued the shit out of the owner but I didn’t. A friend of mine who worked there got jumped in the parking lot by two guys who had a grudge. That wasn’t the owners fault in any way but he sued or had a lawyer threaten to sue at least. He got a little settlement that was enough to buy a used Toyota pickup. I guess I’m not the suing type but in hindsight I should have. I didn’t even go to the hospital.
    Damn! Who knew Loudonville was such a tough neighborhood. Although the 6 lines of I-90 and some green space is all that separates it from Arbor Hill, one of the most economically challenged neighborhoods in the Capital District. I've often wondered about the basis of the decision was made to locate that spur of 90.

You got lucky with that near electrocution. I may never view an Egg Mcmuffing the same way again.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Just found out a buddy of mine has the Nick Tahou’s hot sauce recipe. Hold please

Sounds like you’ll be checking into the “Work Bathrooms Slayed” thread next week

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

Whoa! Now that is a major win.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    Damn! Who knew Loudonville was such a tough neighborhood. Although the 6 lines of I-90 and some green space is all that separates it from Arbor Hill, one of the most economically challenged neighborhoods in the Capital District. I've often wondered about the basis of the decision was made to locate that spur of 90.

You got lucky with that near electrocution. I may never view an Egg Mcmuffing the same way again.

What can I tell you? We were dopey upstate, townie teenagers. My buddy that got jumped there was a big dude- salt of the Earth but he threw his weight around some times. He played guitar for a speed metal band called Attica. One night he had a party at his apartment and the two of us put a solid dent in a mag of Jack Daniels and decided to play knuckles. I don't know who won that game but my hand was swollen the size of a soft ball the next day. Those guys might have had a legitimate beef. I don"t know. He was fine though.

What can I tell you? We were dopey upstate, townie teenagers. My buddy that got jumped there was a big dude- salt of the Earth but he threw his weight around some times. He played guitar for a speed metal band called Attica. One night he had a party at his apartment and the two of us put a solid dent in a mag of Jack Daniels and decided to play knuckles. I don't know who won that game but my hand was swollen the size of a soft ball the next day. Those guys might have had a legitimate beef. I don"t know. He was fine though.
    What an awesome name for a band.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ED15EE15-96F9-46DB-B569-EB5C605C350C.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	424.8 KB 
ID:	371234

The north east corner seems to be well delineated.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ED15EE15-96F9-46DB-B569-EB5C605C350C.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	424.8 KB 
ID:	371234

The north east corner seems to be well delineated.
    Well that settles that.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Well that settles that.
    So we’ve got the NE corner. How many more corners are there?