Page 323 of 506 FirstFirst ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 12629
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It's good to get out with the staple gun periodically and secure any loose spots in the Tyvek so storms like these don't ruin the chipboard.
    Duly noted.

Godspeed and we look forward to hearing from everyone in the affected areas once the storm passes.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    “Who’s your friend, who’s your buddy? I am. “

Still a line with me and my college idiot friends.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    benny tried to delete the real estate thread again… the mods restored that thread along with a couple of thousand posts that he had deleted. he’s back up over 50,000 now. and they banned him again for good measure.

yep.
    Damn Ben, that’s cold. How do you try to delete a thread twice when you can’t the first time? I guess we’ll let his new alias tell us.

What an epic tantrum from our fun loving Eeyore.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Two drops.
    Fkna ha ha lol.

I can see him furiously deleting. Up all night poking the keyboard. Trying to self immolate.
    Bwah!

It's good to get out with the staple gun periodically and secure any loose spots in the Tyvek so storms like these don't ruin the chipboard.
    Cinderblocks or bungees for the tarps?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Looks like it's headed for VT.
    Looks like a bust. The Green Mountains are eating this storm up faster than Pio on a McRib.

Yup as it downsloped off the Catskills and Adirondacks it fell apart. It was a neat presentation for a few hours focused on Upstate and NE PA.

It's good practice for when the real one comes someday. And if it promted some people to go check the seams in the Tyvek...well, that's good too.

Looks like a bust. The Green Mountains are eating this storm up faster than Pio on a McRib.
    That's the second time I've let out a clearly audible snark here today.

Looks like we are invited to an Albany Dutchman game while we are up in Saratoga next moth, should be a cultural insight into the locality.

And what is up with all the fish fry places? I mean clam shacks and Lobster places along the New England coast I get because, well you can literally see where they come from.

How did fired fish become a staple in the upstate? Not being a dick, seriously curious

Looks like we are invited to an Albany Dutchman game while we are up in Saratoga next moth, should be a cultural insight into the locality.

And what is up with all the fish fry places? I mean clam shacks and Lobster places along the New England coast I get because, well you can literally see where they come from.

How did fired fish become a staple in the upstate? Not being a dick, seriously curious
    Lakes man. They're everywhere in the Upstates and Great Lakes region, and its fun to hang around a giant boiling vat of oil frying up freshly caught fish (Lake Erie Perch ftmfw) and hushpuppies while drinking your family's combined weight in beer.

Just catching up. Good work today, gentlemen. Looks like the Dutchmen play in Guilderland. I was hoping it was the old Albany Colonie Yankees stadium out by the airport. I remember when Ron Guidry played a rehab game there in the eighties. Half the county showed up. Even as a kid I thought it was weird. Yankees stadium is only about two hours away. Anybody that wanted to see Guidry pitch could have done so any time. Upstaters DO NOT like going to the city.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    the parting glass is a great pub
    If you like sticky rubber floors. Place always smelled like a Fort Lauderdale college bar in the 80s. It cements Saratoga's place as legit upstate.

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Henry St taproom right around the corner is good too
    Don't know what it's like these days but it was really the first place in SS that had decent craft beer.

You can thank the Catholic church with their meatless Friday rule during lent. With some parts of the state 50% Catholic the demand for Fish fry is huge and the competition is stiff.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

yep, catholicism. pope says you gotta do it….

fact.

Didn't think the lakes could pump out enough perch to keep 478 fish fry places going.
    I remember Friday lunch in Catholic school though.

Open to any recommendations BTW Albany and Saratoga.

Classic! And apropos!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Classic! And apropos!
    Well you mentioned under wear and kitchen wear outlets so it was either that or...

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

Didn't think the lakes could pump out enough perch to keep 478 fish fry places going.

The one Ted’s I haven’t been to is on Western Ave in Albany- also the one that serves booze as it turns out. It’s not right next door but is somewhat close to Guilderland. Might be a good stop on game night. Druthers brewery on the Albany Menands line is nice. It’s near Huck Fin’s Playland, if you have kids. It has all the old rides from Hoffman’s Playland in Latham, which probably means nothing to you but it’s a big deal for people that grew up around the capital district. Warehouse bbq on Wolf road is really good.

Reconned 81 north of Binghamton today and it might be a stretch to call it a highway. Was definitely catching air off the expansion joints. #taxdollarsatwork

A place outside of Watertown would have a perch fry every so often and I lucked into it once. It was very, very, good. I believe haddock is the official fish for frying in Upstate.
    https://www.newyorkupstate.com/food/..._fish_fry.html
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

There is not enough of the "Lake Erie Perch" any more to support all the restaurants and markets selling - between the limits and before when gill nets and then regular nets were used by commercial fishing boats- both I believe are banned on Lake Erie now. They now mostly just offer Lake Perch (could be any lake but not one of the Great Lakes....)

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Upstaters DO NOT like going to the city.
    When it comes up in conversation you can see people getting uncomfortable just thinking about going to the city.

Mmm, Warehouse BBQ.

Re: 81N - In a lightweight car it's kinda fun.

There's a Ted's on Hoosick Street (Rte 7) in Troy. Past the top of the hill on the right. A bit out of the way...

Also Dinosaur BBQ in Troy. It's way fancier than the OG biker hangout in Syracuse but it's still pretty good. Right on the river.

PJs BBQ-S-A on Rte 9 just after you get off I-87 at exit 13N is legit and close to the State Park in SS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5333.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	419811
    Did somebody say Newport?

Prosit!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9CA95A64-02D1-4E6E-8B4C-29745E30003B.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	419824

I assume that you’re there for the sales meeting extolling the benefits of fractional yacht ownership?

Sort of - I’m definitely here to knock whitey around!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums