Page 185 of 210 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 5241
  1. #4601
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,702
    Inasmuch as I'm into bespoke haberdashery, I find $175 for a Smathers belt a bit tough to swallow. Their leather has sort of a Calvin Klein belt from Macy's feel.

    https://www.beltedcow.com/categories/belts.html
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  2. #4602
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Inasmuch as I'm into bespoke haberdashery, I find $175 for a Smathers belt a bit tough to swallow.
    I was at Palmetto Bluff not long ago and they had one in the gift shop there for $250. I just about choked on my mimosa.
    I still call it The Jake.

  3. #4603
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is that a Utica Club, two over from the Genny can?

    Attachment 379976
    I guess so. It does look like the olden times cans
    Name:  7536EB33-AC72-4E66-9BD2-E0DED2C52492.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  179.8 KB

  4. #4604
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    8,667
    Upstate is being visited by Oregon today. The smoke from their fires is ruining my hot and hazy summerness. A couple of hours of hard work outside and I feel like I smoked a whole pack of cigarettes.

  5. #4605
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,274
    VT has air quality warnings today.

  6. #4606
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,567
    Family sent pics from out on the big lake on the North Coast yesterday and it was all Oregon smoke.

    Totally weird/surreal look. Like you were crossing the River Styx or something. But I’m reality it was just really smokey, a little foggy and you’re close to the Canadian border, not Hades.
    I still call it The Jake.

  7. #4607
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,683
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Family sent pics from out on the big lake on the North Coast yesterday and it was all Oregon smoke.

    Totally weird/surreal look. Like you were crossing the River Styx or something. But I’m reality it was just really smokey, a little foggy and you’re close to the Canadian border, not Hades.
    Careful. Have you ruled out residual toxic fumes from Love Canal?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Canal
    Last edited by huckbucket; 07-20-2021 at 05:37 PM.

  8. #4608
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,570
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I just about choked on my mimosa.
    This may be the ultimate yacht rock quote, and I will be henceforth using it as often as I possibly can. Very solid work here.

  9. #4609
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,567
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Careful. Have you ruled out residual toxic fumes from Love Canal?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Canal
    Not ruled out entirely, but you never know on the big lake Erielhonan, these conditions were observed closer to the central basin.

    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    This may be the ultimate yacht rock quote, and I will be henceforth using it as often as I possibly can. Very solid work here.
    I say it in jest but it’s the god’s honest truth. I love Palmetto Bluff and would move there in a heartbeat if I could but for now visiting is all I got. I was there May/June for my Mom’s birthday and roamed the property pretty much pickled and with a glass in hand the entire time they weren’t occupied by a paddle, club or steering wheel. It was lovely.

    I wandered into the gift shop by the marina post-brunch with my to-go mimosa and thought, well hey, there’s a cool belt.

    *checks out price tag*

    *nearly chokes on mimosa*

    True story.
    I still call it The Jake.

  10. #4610
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    4,348

  11. #4611
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,567
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Oh fuck. RIP Louie.

    We share a birthdate. Who knew?
    I still call it The Jake.

  12. #4612
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,466
    What a smile. He sounds like he was a great guy. RIP
    Last edited by Brownski; 07-20-2021 at 09:37 PM.

  13. #4613
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,702
    RIP Louie.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  14. #4614
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    4,348
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF58A9CA-0952-49B0-8DD4-E416DC0E3A21.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	380357

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70E5129D-57E0-41F5-B977-927A0D068858.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	921.8 KB 
ID:	380358






    it’s a beautiful day to have to say goodbye to a good man.

  15. #4615
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,683
    Grand Canyon of the east. Was a great day for a ride in WNY.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0719.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	380457

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0720.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	380458

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	380459

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0723.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	380460

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0725.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	380461

  16. #4616
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    GNARvada
    Posts
    3,776

    The Official Argue About Where Upstate NY Is Thread

    Nice - the new RR bridge is also a solid “upgrade” for the gorge.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #4617
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,466
    Made a trip upstate yesterday. It was quite a day. I’m considering doing a full TR. I picked up some of my favorite beverage of course.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5F489A63-47EE-466B-8077-E2A502DC91BF.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	394.9 KB 
ID:	380470
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004FF324-1B6C-4C53-B489-09FBE8B257B7.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	380471

  18. #4618
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,466

  19. #4619
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Tremendous TR.

    However, at what point do we have to start worrying about bringing too much PR to the Upstates and ruining it? Too many tourists, driving up home prices, overrunning the best spots. See the JH thread.

    We may have to start being careful about this in a decade or two. Let’s keep that in mind.

  20. #4620
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,683
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Tremendous TR.

    However, at what point do we have to start worrying about bringing too much PR to the Upstates and ruining it? Too many tourists, driving up home prices, overrunning the best spots. See the JH thread.

    We may have to start being careful about this in a decade or two. Let’s keep that in mind.
    ^^
    This joker gets it.

    And thanks for the TR Brownski! That's the essense of the upstate boiling down to an afternoon of paddling, beer and edumacation. SOLID effort.
    Last edited by huckbucket; 07-27-2021 at 06:46 AM.

  21. #4621
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    8,663
    Posted this a while back but can confirm. From the upstate.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrIOgRQ.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	380633

  22. #4622
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Posted this a while back but can confirm. From the upstate.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrIOgRQ.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	380633
    Nicely balanced.

  23. #4623
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,567
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    ^^
    This joker gets it.

    And thanks for the TR Brownski! That's the essense of the upstate boiling down to an afternoon of paddling, beer and edumacation. SOLID effort.
    +3 on a solid TR. I can totally relate to bailing at lock 3 on a 5 lock tour.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Posted this a while back but can confirm. From the upstate.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrIOgRQ.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	380633
    If Genny doesn’t ask to use that in an ad, they’re crazy.
    I still call it The Jake.

  24. #4624
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    48,376
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Tremendous TR.

    However, at what point do we have to start worrying about bringing too much PR to the Upstates and ruining it? Too many tourists, driving up home prices, overrunning the best spots. See the JH thread.

    We may have to start being careful about this in a decade or two. Let’s keep that in mind.
    No worries, everyone is moving to Bozeman.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  25. #4625
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    4,348
    bless your heart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •