Page 263 of 508 FirstFirst ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 12681
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ........The pothole in front of my house is currently about 8" deep and a couple of feet across now. All the town has done for the last 20 years is dump some mix out of a bag, once they did hot mix but the hole was filled with water so everything now just pops out every freeze cycle. The street is all of about 14 feet wide at that point so by the morning when it's 4-5 feet across it will be nearly impossible to avoid it which means everyone will drive across our lawn (weed patch).
    Fill it with whatever stones you have? I put rocks in a small pothole once and it stayed small. Glad to see you guys are skiing in temperatures with positive numbers at the ticket counter.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

After losing one windshield, two side mirror glass and getting clocked when mowing the lawn by random flying chunks I'd rather not have more loose rocks there. We pretty much can't park there for very long anymore.

I forgot, NYBOD Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220204_161200_HDR.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	975.4 KB 
ID:	404493

I've got about 4mm of ice on everything but the pavement (so far) and this IS upstate so that map is wrong.
    What the fucks a millimeter? I never saw one of those upstate before. I thought that was a fancy city thing?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    oh, then you would love McCauley Mountain ski area and transfer station. fits your bill perfectly….

Attachment 404256

Attachment 404257
    Love McCauley. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    What the fucks a millimeter? I never saw one of those upstate before. I thought that was a fancy city thing?
    Haha

Does anybody else have a car frozen shut this morning? It's an upstate thing.

no tbars on mac’s back this year….

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17912AB0-1695-44C7-89BD-CE9715CE93D8.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	416.6 KB 
ID:	404524

sad.

heh.

Name:	9ADD3F87-7BB1-47EB-AF41-1CE42E7CA732.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	362.1 KB 
ID:	404525

Nice lookin layer up in the forge.
    I’ll be waiting for a uc stunt shot at top of trail out over tower 1 today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've got about 4mm of ice on everything but the pavement (so far) and this IS upstate so that map is wrong. If ya think the roads were of dubious quality before the potholes that are opening up today are epic. I was out a while ago and two cars hit them in front of me and flatted, one shattered both wheels on the passenger side. On one of the roads that access my hill there's an older Honda Civic sitting in the middle of the street with a snapped front axle. The pothole in front of my house is currently about 8" deep and a couple of feet across now. All the town has done for the last 20 years is dump some mix out of a bag, once they did hot mix but the hole was filled with water so everything now just pops out every freeze cycle. The street is all of about 14 feet wide at that point so by the morning when it's 4-5 feet across it will be nearly impossible to avoid it which means everyone will drive across our lawn (weed patch).
    You must be in Canada if it is 4mm of ice, not upstate, sorry you have (had) around 1/8 inch of ice.

With cars, bikes, skis all being metric I've gotten so used to it for small measurements I almost don't even think to use standard anymore.

With cars, bikes, skis all being metric I've gotten so used to it for small measurements I almost don't even think to use standard anymore.
    You're on thin ice bub.

on 1/8th of an inches worth, to be exact.

I need it to be more like 100mm .

Bridge too far.

Listened to a podcast today that seemed relevant to this thread.

"The church of Christ, the Mormon church, started in April 6, 1830 in western New York, in Palmyra, New York. And right smack dab in the burned over region of the Great Awakening... This was the region where you were having all sorts of fun religions. That's where the Adventists come from, the Millerites, the Shakers, and the Fox sisters. All of these had some element of mysticism mixed with full scale Christianity."

"This area of New York was just, like, a state carnival of different religions"

"Thank you, Erie canal!"

I was at a 60th b'day party in NJ a few minutes from Aldoland this evening and they had an (almost) acceptable NYBOD

Name:	20220205_185941_HDR.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	404644
    I don't think I've ever seen so many women in one room with mullets.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Listened to a podcast today that seemed relevant to this thread.

"The church of Christ, the Mormon church, started in April 6, 1830 in western New York, in Palmyra, New York. And right smack dab in the burned over region of the Great Awakening... This was the region where you were having all sorts of fun religions. That's where the Adventists come from, the Millerites, the Shakers, and the Fox sisters. All of these had some element of mysticism mixed with full scale Christianity."

"This area of New York was just, like, a state carnival of different religions"

"Thank you, Erie canal!"
    In my own teenager observation, I noticed that it was an area blessed with copious rainfall and cows, which is the perfect environment for psiliscybin.

Make of that what you will.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Hill Comorah is 10 miles from where I lived for 50 years and drove past 500 times. They had a pageant every year on a clear cut and sodded 20ish? deg slope. 5-600 vert maybe and smooth. I'll bet that with a drop off and pick up driver on the right night with the right snow it could be poached. Not that I ever thought about doing it.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Wait, so you drove by a manicured slope for 50 years, and in all that time never once, in the Upstates mind you, did it snow enough to make you want to poach it?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Hill Comorah is 10 miles from where I lived for 50 years and drove past 500 times. They had a pageant every year on a clear cut and sodded 20ish? deg slope. 5-600 vert maybe and smooth. I'll bet that with a drop off and pick up driver on the right night with the right snow it could be poached. Not that I ever thought about doing it.
    Do you know Phil Furfari from the Winged Pheasant golf course?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

@gl- I’d be curious as to where you were to come upon the mysterious mullet she tribe.

While you were there I was meandering rt 22 en route to vt.
    Stopped in at the ski club where I spent every winter wknd as a kid. Talk about a time capsule, it’s an old converted schoolhouse all of these old 10th mtn dudes converted back in early 50’s. What a place to grow up in. I can assure you ; had there been a pitched swath of open sod within 10 miles of the place we’d have been over there every night with a jug of the bug juice we’d mooch off all of the members liquor stolen from this bar:

Name:	IMG_3789.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	404648
    Not enough time in day to peruse the memories inside , the artwork, old photos and posters are priceless. Some examples.

Name:	IMG_3793.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	404649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3792.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	404650
    The upstairs dorm room

Name:	IMG_3794.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	404651
    And incredibly still just where he left it 25 years earlier my dads handwritten message to stay away from his custom bunk!

Name:	IMG_3790.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	404652
    Mind blown, need to return soon.

Saddle River. Mullets, makeup and fat asses.

I love Rt 22, it's our local road out of here, it's where my ski and bike shop was but now there are no more bike shops between the Bronx and Plattsburgh on Rt 22 and there's only one ski shop left in that stretch. I (almost) never got speeding tickets on that road and rarely even got pulled over but as more city folk moved in and the traffic increased I got tired of doing the crawl and switched back to the Taconic. Now I've pretty much had it with the smooth sailing, zero traffic, beautiful road though as every town, each county, and the state have decided that it's their prime revenue generator east of the river. They keep repaving the rough spots and making it even more likely that drivers will unknowingly exceed the ridiculously low speed limit turning it into a less than pleasant place to drive and it sux. I will soon be donating (again) to the town coffers in Milan due to a very friendly but well hidden trooper last summer. That fucking town has received close to $3k from me since 1985 The state DOT has even started carving out new hiding spots to replace the old ones that grew in and they're putting in photo radar in a few spots too. Cruise control is useless because it's too hilly and it's those hills that make it nearly impossible to keep your speed under the limit. I've been pulled over three times in the last two years doing between 56-58 and one of the officers straight up admitted that they do it to have a reason to search your car because they often find weed that came in from MA. Anyway... Rt 22 has coffee shops, breweries and even a few restaurants worth stopping at because of the city folk so that's nice. In Lebanon there's one of the oldest head shops anywhere, we used to stop there back in the 80's when I went back and forth from college but now the local LEO's sit across the street and watch for cars coming in from MA on Rt 20. The coffee roaster in Millerton is really good.

All of that is awesome.

Have you been to the beer diviner in cherry plain? Need to further investigate.