Page 314 of 508 FirstFirst ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 12678
    Nah the next one is north and it can't be in WV or Pennsyltucky so it has to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ... and a hand held diddler
    I'm gonna need you to back the truck up and walk me through this one.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Nah the next one is north and it can't be in WV or Pennsyltucky so it has to be here.
    Well, I’m not gonna argue against an Upstates Asheville (which might already be E’ville), but if the next Asheville isn’t Greenville, SC, then someone’s got a LOT of toothpaste to put back in the tube.
    I still call it The Jake.

Haha. E'ville has that potential, it's certainly starting from a stronger point than most other small towns in the state.

There are no lifts but the locals and town parks dept have kept the place skiable. It's open to uphill traffic all winter (conditions permitting). I talked to a few people that enjoyed themselves there last year, said if they see one other person each day it's a lot.
    Sure you’re not talking about Hickory?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'm gonna need you to back the truck up and walk me through this one.
    foggy provided me with the proper construction terminology for this

a diddler is a hand held shower wand with a hose, the wand can be moved freely around the shower
    middle age woman who aren't too into their husbands like to use the diddler, to make themselves feel good and to clean their private parts, since the hand held shower head allows you to spray water anywhere you are interested, they usually come with a multifunction option which allows the user to have a very light spray a heavy spray and of course the pulsating spray option

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Sure you’re not talking about Hickory?
    Really? Yeah, I'm sure.

And with the I81/481 reconstruction about to start it's looking like Syracuse will be the new Atlanta but with snow. This is going to be the single largest highway project Upstate NY has ever seen. Just the first stage is 2 million labor hours and initial estimates are for the total to be at least $10 billion.
    Are there really enough people there to justify anything but a couple of two lane blacktop roads? It's upstate for crying out loud. Take that money and build a bridge at Plattsburgh to Grand Isle.

For what, the 3 dozen people that would use it? Actually the 81/90 interchange sucks. It handles a huge volume, remember 90 is one of 2 significant commercial corridors into New England and that narrow, twisting causeway through downtown Syracuse slows things down on the best days and shuts things down often enough that it needs modernization.

For what, the 3 dozen people that would use it? Actually the 81/90 interchange sucks. It handles a huge volume, remember 90 is one of 2 significant commercial corridors into New England and that narrow, twisting causeway through downtown Syracuse slows things down on the best days and shuts things down often enough that it needs modernization.
    You'd think it was only a few people. However, a surprising number of people either commute daily to the Burlington area or come over frequently for medical treatment. Every year the ferry shuts for a few weeks and it causes headaches. Of course once a bridge goes in, they gonna have to upgrade the roads. Years ago I worked in VT with a guy from Plattsburgh who lived in Champlain, NY so he could be closer to his aging parents and still reasonably close to work. He would have loved a bridge. The topic comes up every few years.

you ever take yer route 4 till it hits the upstates? that should tell you all you need to know about our attitudes towards them vermont transportation needs...

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    you ever take route 4 till it hits the upstates? that should tell you all you need to know about our attitudes towards them vermont transportation needs...
    Heh. Ya. Cutting off their noses to spite their faces. It like thinking the highway only goes one way. And forgetting that it's a two way street. I think a bridge would benefit both states greatly.

With the Sabres and Islanders out is all of NY Rangers fans at the moment? I thought Rangers games were more fun than Islanders games were when I lived there... but that was right after the Islanders Dynasty ended..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I grew up in Islander Country, 30 minute bike ride to Nassau Coliseum, and was a Ranger fan through those "dynasty years". It was tough, I paid for it a few times

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    With the Sabres and Islanders out is all of NY Rangers fans at the moment? I thought Rangers games were more fun than Islanders games were when I lived there... but that was right after the Islanders Dynasty ended..
    It may be safe to say that aside from actual ranger fans, the rest of NY is rooting for the rangers opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    It may be safe to say that aside from actual ranger fans, the rest of NY is rooting for the rangers opponents.
    You can include the entire tri state area in that

I have a new metric: If your back bar is dominated by flavored vodkas, flavored whiskies and flavored rums you may be upstate

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42087F68-593B-4452-9B36-A3C51904BC6B.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	392.3 KB 
ID:	418106

Name:	6903DC75-988B-4465-8453-4215FC13B679.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	418105

Name:	B16F8E6A-7E3B-4851-BE81-706D774642D7.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	439.7 KB 
ID:	418107

a diddler is a hand held shower wand with a hose, the wand can be moved freely around the shower
    middle age woman who aren't too into their husbands like to use the diddler, to make themselves feel good and to clean their private parts, since the hand held shower head allows you to spray water anywhere you are interested, they usually come with a multifunction option which allows the user to have a very light spray a heavy spray and of course the pulsating spray option

Checks out. Thx. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I have a new metric: If your back bar is dominated by flavored vodkas, flavored whiskies and flavored rums you may be upstate

Name:	42087F68-593B-4452-9B36-A3C51904BC6B.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	392.3 KB 
ID:	418106

Name:	6903DC75-988B-4465-8453-4215FC13B679.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	418105

Name:	B16F8E6A-7E3B-4851-BE81-706D774642D7.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	439.7 KB 
ID:	418107

We redid our master bath last year. We told the middle age saleswoman at the bathroom shop that we wanted two shower heads on opposing ends of the shower. She immediately said "I always reccomend the second shower head detaches to become a handheld head." As we began to view the options she followed up with "every woman should have a detachable shower head, you will love it."

I just started laughing and said I'm sold. She kept a straight face, which was incredible, but I there was zero chance she was talking about the nozzles usefulness for cleaning the shower.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I like a detachable shower head. Last a checked I wasn't female. I don't diddle myself with it. Tried once and it wasn't that exciting, couldn't reach escape velocity. I have bad shoulders and a bad back so the sprayer makes showering a little easier.

I like how Fred is our go-to authority on shower heads.

Someone should update the list of Experts thread.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post

We redid our master bath last year. We told the middle age saleswoman at the bathroom shop that we wanted two shower heads on opposing ends of the shower. She immediately said "I always reccomend the second shower head detaches to become a handheld head." As we began to view the options she followed up with "every woman should have a detachable shower head, you will love it."

I just started laughing and said I'm sold. She kept a straight face, which was incredible, but I there was zero chance she was talking about the nozzles usefulness for cleaning the shower.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You're not going to find the word diddler in any plumbing fixture catalog. Translation, that's some of what saleswomen at plumbing & bath fixture showrooms bring to the table, still in the B&M world.

Proper description is Hand Shower:

Shop Luxury Hand Showers & Accessories | Made in the USA - Phylrich
    -
    Hand Showers
    -
    Focal Point HW

“The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

So I have this straight, there were lawyers and cockroaches together and they just want the cockroaches gone?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang