Page 244 of 508 FirstFirst ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 12681
    My most upstate Christmas gift ever I think (it’s a bar towel)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	186D95F9-0E17-44F6-A00E-B2ECC0A04B1D.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	488.2 KB 
ID:	398439

Name:	20211227_141741.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	398636

Welcome to Apulia Station, NY !
    I've spent most of my life skiing and fly fishing. The rest I have just wasted.

Caz(enovia) man putting CNY on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Caz(enovia) man putting CNY on the map.
    Is that the dude's first post in this thread?

I'm confused by the signs though. Normally if it's snowmobiling weather it's not bike weather.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

I'm confused by the signs though. Normally if it's snowmobiling weather it's not bike weather.
    Sure is. Only his 3rd post in 2021!

snowmobiking? <-- I just copyrighted the name but will figure out later what the hell it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Sure is. Only his 3rd post in 2021!
    Well then, this thread is honored to have his presence. I must say, this thread has a way of drawing former and current Upstaters out of the woodwork.
    Who knew fastfred was an Upstater, or Wooley's parents were some of the first settlers in colonial Troy before this thread existed?

that’s just the thing though. We go back-and-forth from winter to not winter on a week by week basis. You can have clear roads and plenty of snow on the trails at the same time. It’s just easier to leave up the same fucking signs year round then it is to keep changing them on the regular. Our drinking is not weather dependent.

Well then, this thread is honored to have his presence. I must say, this thread has a way of drawing former and current Upstaters out of the woodwork.
    Who knew fastfred was an Upstater, or Wooley's parents were some of the first settlers in colonial Troy before this thread existed?
    Thank you !
    After shredding the two open trails at Labrador Mtn. we stopped in to the Nest bar & grill in Apulia S. Saw this sign and immediately had to share it in here.
    I've spent most of my life skiing and fly fishing. The rest I have just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    that’s just the thing though. We go back-and-forth from winter to not winter on a week by week basis. You can have clear roads and plenty of snow on the trails at the same time. It’s just easier to leave up the same fucking signs year round then it is to keep changing them on the regular. Our drinking is not weather dependent.
    That week by week basis must be a Central NY thing, because in Western NY winter came on an hour by hour basis.

That week by week basis must be a Central NY thing, because in Western NY winter came on an hour by hour basis.
    We get 5 minute increments over here across Samuel's pond on the left coast of New England

Anybody been to West yet this year? I know there is very little open but I’m curious how bad the surface is. I don’t want to burn my Indy days at Greek until the trees under chair 2 are in and Cat just announced they have to close for the weekend.

Yeah, depressing.

Catamount has invested a ton of money in that place recently. Bad times

We are closed this weekend, January 1st & 2nd.

Aggressive snowmaking resumes Sunday night with the forecasted colder temperatures

The weather forecast for the upcoming weekend looks warm and wet. We plan to aggressively resume snowmaking operations Sunday night, but we have made the call not to operate this weekend, January 1st & 2nd. We sincerely apologize for the news. If you have tickets, lessons or rentals for the upcoming weekend, please reach out to Customer Service at (413) 528-1262 to discuss options.

See you on the slopes,
    Catamount Mountain Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Anybody been to West yet this year? I know there is very little open but I’m curious how bad the surface is. I don’t want to burn my Indy days at Greek until the trees under chair 2 are in and Cat just announced they have to close for the weekend.
    Yup. My almost 6yo son and I have gone up a few times so far. Only two lifts running. The face and the main lift. Basically two runs open from the top: a black "feure" sp? And a blue. Coverage is fine on piste of course. Small bumps to play with and sugar scrape on sides. Some small jumps.

Weather says 86% chance rain right now, but it isn't. Suspect softer / slush tomorrow. Been having fun especially yelling apologies to the teenage girls for my son cutting them off when passing. "Sorry for my son! He's only 5 he doesn't lissssssten."

We r skiing tomorrow and probably Saturday and Sunday too. PM or just look for a dude with dayglo orange pants and feminine blue goggles (read on clearance) with a kid skiing way too fast in a blue and orange Helly Hansen fart bag yelling random sir mix a lot quotes.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Yup. My almost 6yo son and I have gone up a few times so far. Only two lifts running. The face and the main lift. Basically two runs open from the top: a black "feure" sp? And a blue. Coverage is fine on piste of course. Small bumps to play with and sugar scrape on sides. Some small jumps.

Weather says 86% chance rain right now, but it isn't. Suspect softer / slush tomorrow. Been having fun especially yelling apologies to the teenage girls for my son cutting them off when passing. "Sorry for my son! He's only 5 he doesn't lissssssten."

We r skiing tomorrow and probably Saturday and Sunday too. PM or just look for a dude with dayglo orange pants and feminine blue goggles (read on clearance) with a kid skiing way too fast in a blue and orange Helly Hansen fart bag yelling random sir mix a lot quotes.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Thanks
    I'll look for ya if I manage to get there. The weather looks not as bad for the morning shift

My daughter and I are gonna try for Holiday on Monday. Anyone been yet?

I gotta hear age and mileage on that truck. You just don't see much of that anymore on most cars. Even fifteen years ago, I'd walk out into the parking lot of the big printing plant I worked, where everybody was driving ten year old cars, and remarkably rust free for Saratoga.

Bunny, that guy is a true Upstate mechanic. Here he is changing a wheel bearing on a Subaru.

A goddamn warrior.

He should move to Vermont, where the state subsidizes repairs on their state car.

I've ruined 2 cars driving in VT. It's just as bad as Upstate, maybe worse because half the roads in the state are unpaved and in the summer some towns put calcium chloride on them to keep the dust down.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I gotta hear age and mileage on that truck. You just don't see much of that anymore on most cars. Even fifteen years ago, I'd walk out into the parking lot of the big printing plant I worked, where everybody was driving ten year old cars, and remarkably rust free for Saratoga.
    You never met the 06 Dodge Durango I had. It had "windows" in some body panels and suspension components.

Well, fuck, a Dodge.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Bunny, that guy is a true Upstate mechanic. Here he is changing a wheel bearing on a Subaru.

A goddamn warrior.
    Wow, yes a total warrior. Good at narrating his videos, too. And completely beyond fearless using a torch under a car and not even worrying about a gas tank.

But still satisfying to watch.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Name:	Image1641001553.915842.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	399102

I've ruined 2 cars driving in VT. It's just as bad as Upstate, maybe worse because half the roads in the state are unpaved and in the summer some towns put calcium chloride on them to keep the dust down.
    Ive ruined every car i've ever owned in VT
    I see hydraulic turtles.