Page 322 of 505 FirstFirst ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 12625
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ... but if you need some underwear there's a Jockey outlet store there.
    You say this as though it isn't the very definition of a quality outlet mall.

Spanks, pretty much the most interesting thing is the Fort. By east side you mean down Rt 22? If so, south on Rt 22 there is Comstock prison--it's a maximum security prison. https://www.nysfocus.com/2021/11/10/...meadow-prison/ Then there's Lake George the town, which is pretty much a shitshow of people in the summer--good luck finding a table sometimes. I'm not sure how well the outlet malls in Queensbury are doing these days-- a bunch went offline during Covid, but if you need some underwear there's a Jockey outlet store there.

I'm kinda leaning to tell you to take the west side down, it's slower but a bit more scenic. Perhaps stop at the Sagamore for lunch and then just get on the Northway. Or if you can wait, go to lunch in Saratoga Springs.
    Wow. I never knew that was a maximum security prison. I’ve passed it many times when I take the “long way” to Killington. I wonder if they give tours. Haha! Speaking of prisons, but a bit off topic for the upstates, if you’re ever in Philly, I highly recommend Eastern State Penitentiary. Amazing that it is smack dab in the middle of the city.

As for underwear, I prefer to buy mine at the UA outlet there. The Le Crueset outlet sometimes entertains my wife.

West side of the lake is a bit out of the way as I have to also make a stop south of Ticonderoga off of 22 to drop my kid at camp.

Saratoga lunch sounds like a plan.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post

When stateside, Benny has been known to summer in Saratoga.

If you see him, please do say hello, and let him know that there’s still space for him here.
    I still call it The Jake.

Lol

Spanky, this place is cool but it's between the Northway and Ticonderoga on the west side. https://www.thehubadk.com/ That stretch of 22 between Ticonderoga and Whitehall is a dead zone.

Wow. I never knew that was a maximum security prison. I’ve passed it many times when I take the “long way” to Killington. I wonder if they give tours. Haha! Speaking of prisons, but a bit off topic for the upstates, if you’re ever in Philly, I highly recommend Eastern State Penitentiary. Amazing that it is smack dab in the middle of the city.

As for underwear, I prefer to buy mine at the UA outlet there. The Le Crueset outlet sometimes entertains my wife.

West side of the lake is a bit out of the way as I have to also make a stop south of Ticonderoga off of 22 to drop my kid at camp.

What camp? Ymca camp is more than a bit south.

Go for a hike on the east side.

Wish I could suggest a restaurant for lunch that is early great; but, they don't exist up here. Rachel's spice company in Glens Falls is actually pretty good and unique.

If you're taking route 22 then, well, go to the prison for fun.

Pm me if you want to meet up for lunch. Depending on the day we can probably make it. If you come through early in the morning you might be able to join a barefooting session. Or bring Mountain bikes and come for a ride. Or fishing poles and stop in for a beer... or go canoeing.. the options go on..

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Duplicate post
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Central New York fish fry guide for Lent 2022: Where to ‘get your fish on’ https://www.syracuse.com/food/2022/0...r-fish-on.html

My go to is Fish Cove Westside.
    In season they have fried oysters that are incredible
    Atlantic Seafood in B-ville was great. I actually preferred it over Doug's. Their coleslaw is vinegar based, not mayo. Haven't been since 2009. May have to hit it this weekend.

Go to the Olde Bryan Inn. Wife and I had mugs in the bar there. Sit outside if t's a nice day. I'm sure Benny would not approve which is all the more reason to go.

I’m gonna be up in Ticonderoga soon, then traveling south along the east side of Lake George. Any must do/see advice? Be it blue tarps or “upstate” food?
    you’ll be close to the paradox brewery. good food, excellent beer. definitely worth a detour.

https://www.paradoxbrewery.com/

yep.

Echoing that rt 22 between Ticonderoga and Whitehall is desolate. I used to drive that quite a bit 20-30 years ago and it always seemed depressing as fuck. Like end of the world bleak. One of the hollows along the way always made me think of that post nuclear apocalypse "kids" book Z for Zachariah.

Anybody get a look at this line of tstorms beating up a sliver of Upstate? This is time sensitive http://www.meteo.psu.edu/fxg1/WXTYPE/loop25ne.html
    Last edited by gravitylover; 06-23-2022 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Time sensitive

Yeah I pass that rolling down I-95 to Philly. They did a 1 hr documentary on it on A&E or History channel that I watched one time, pretty interesting.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    When stateside, Benny has been known to summer in Saratoga.

If you see him, please do say hello, and let him know that there’s still space for him here.
    Anyone keeping track where he stands on post deletion? Maybe there's a way to put one of these in place of one of the sidebar ads here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_fullxfull.1968580675_5c1g.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	419656

Anyone keeping track where he stands on post deletion? Maybe there's a way to put one of these in place of one of the sidebar ads here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_fullxfull.1968580675_5c1g.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	419656
    If we can photoshop some pocket meats to the top of that and the number 50,000 then I think we may have a good staring point for new, new-Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    If we can photoshop some pocket meats to the top of that and the number 50,000 then I think we may have a good staring point for new, new-Andrew.
    ETA: I clicked on the Real Estate thread and see that Benny is now showing as "banned" so I guess we won't need the deletion tracker anymore?

Wonder what happened?

I'll call him and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Go to the Olde Bryan Inn. Wife and I had mugs in the bar there. Sit outside if t's a nice day. I'm sure Benny would not approve which is all the more reason to go.
    the parting glass is a great pub

benny tried to delete the real estate thread again… the mods restored that thread along with a couple of thousand posts that he had deleted. he’s back up over 50,000 now. and they banned him again for good measure.

yep.

you mean 149?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    benny tried to delete the real estate thread again… the mods restored that thread along with a couple of thousand posts that he had deleted. he’s back up over 50,000 now. and they banned him again for good measure.

yep.
    Two drops.
    Fkna ha ha lol.

I can see him furiously deleting. Up all night poking the keyboard. Trying to self immolate.

...in his underwear holding a cat toy in the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    the parting glass is a great pub
    Henry St taproom right around the corner is good too

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Anybody get a look at this line of tstorms beating up a sliver of Upstate? This is time sensitive http://www.meteo.psu.edu/fxg1/WXTYPE/loop25ne.html
    Looks like it's headed for VT.

It's good to get out with the staple gun periodically and secure any loose spots in the Tyvek so storms like these don't ruin the chipboard.