Page 89 of 508 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 12681
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Holy shit, we were at the same show. I was with the group smoking hash off those nice beat up wooden tables. Chucks was my go to bar while at SU.

Also so many good shows at Lost Horizons; black flag, circle jerks, exploited, cro mags, replacements (actually a good night for them), Iggy, and so many more.
    I can't believe I used to like these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Speaking of up state Bands and all- 10,000 Maniacs and Natalie Merchant of course is another.
    And getting a bit of bumper music love during this Buffalo game.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    If my bartending days taught me anything, it was that Long Island Iced Teas and Electric Lemonades were amazingly dangerous drinks. Almost all alcohol, almost no task of alcohol. Instant drunk people.

Well, actually, now that I think about it bartending taught me a lot of other stuff. Most of it was more important. But that one was funny.

Till the puking started.
    Remembering the last couple of those teas I had I looked at bartender and asked for a double on my third - she looked at me and paused , I realized how absurd my request was,
    There’s no room for any more booze in them ....
    Ugh - it’s an upstate blackout

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Remembering the last couple of those teas I had I looked at bartender and asked for a double on my third - she looked at me and paused , I realized how absurd my request was,
    There’s no room for any more booze in them ....
    Ugh - it’s an upstate blackout

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I wonder what answer you would get if you just asked for a pitcher of Long Ilsand Iced Teas?

The Official Argue About Where Upstate NY Is Thread

You want rail or top shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Holy shit, we were at the same show. I was with the group smoking hash off those nice beat up wooden tables. Chucks was my go to bar while at SU.

Also so many good shows at Lost Horizons; black flag, circle jerks, exploited, cro mags, replacements (actually a good night for them), Iggy, and so many more.
    Before it was lost horizon it was the yellow balloon, before it was the yellow balloon it was wanda’s. The horizon was a disco/dance club when it first started

The best time I had at the Lost Hobag was when I jumped up on stage with fish bone, grabbed the mic, and started rhyming. The Bass player kicked me off, but the lead singer dude was egging me on to continue. I taped the show...he said to the bass player “What? White boy got rhythm!”

I was a legend for a few hours.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I guarantee there's a cool car stashed under years of dust, straw and empty Genny cans in that barn.

And real pissed off sonuvabitch in the house attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I guarantee there's a cool car stashed under years of dust, straw and empty Genny cans in that barn.

As a matter of fact I saw the hood of an ancient pickup poking out from under a collapsed roof inside one of the smaller additions. I didn’t get a pic

Brown is beautiful.

I had a family member that stored a pale yellow 1972ish Caprice Classic convertible in a barn like that for the winters. Guy rented space in his barn upstate.

"Got me a car as big as a whale"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCUofOCiZo4

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I had a family member that stored a pale yellow 1972ish Caprice Classic convertible in a barn like that for the winters. Guy rented space in his barn upstate.

"Got me a car as big as a whale"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCUofOCiZo4
    Ha! I was headin down the Atlanta Highway just a couple weekends ago. Fun fact about the north Georgia mountain foothills, tons of old land yachts like that beauty you describe parked in their front yards with for sale signs on the dash, but when you ask how much you quickly find out the man never wants to part with it.

I've told the story here somewhere that as a result of my birth my Dad had to sell his perfect orange 914 with black Fuchs wheels for... a butter yellow Pontiac Safari Wagon (which was just a Caprice under all that extended bodywork). He never forgave me.

Hell, Iceman told us how he took out all of the power on Long Island with a buttercream 70's GM product.

I like to think that these cars all end up somewhere they're appreciated, and that place is under piles of dust, beer cans and old playboys in a barn in the Upstate.

I like to think that these cars all end up somewhere they're appreciated, and that place is under piles of dust, beer cans and old playboys in a barn in the Upstate.
    ... rusting to dust at 3-7 times the rate it would almost anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    ... rusting to dust at 3-7 times the rate it would almost anywhere else
    As I've heard many an Upstater say, "well, get on with it already".

Hell, Iceman told us how he took out all of the power on Long Island with a buttercream 70's GM product.
    Pontiac Catalina Safari Wagon. It wasn't all of Long Island. But they did tell me it left 100,000 people without power, so there's that.

Had a 78 Caprice when I was a road warrior traveling Upstate 2 lanes. Took it to a used car place on 104 with 150k, faded maroon paint and worn out motor hoping to get a couple hundred. Guy gave me $600. $2000 today. I found out later that some outfit in Saudi Arabia was buying up Caprices for a taxi fleet and paying top dollar.

American Pickers TV guys dug out an old barn a couple of miles from where we lived at the time and came up empty.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Pontiac Catalina Safari Wagon. It wasn't all of Long Island. But they did tell me it left 100,000 people without power, so there's that.
    That's 12,500 people per cylinder; or 464.68 people per inch of length of that wagon.

The Official Argue About Where Upstate NY Is Thread

I've told the story here somewhere that as a result of my birth my Dad had to sell his perfect orange 914 with black Fuchs wheels for... a butter yellow Pontiac Safari Wagon (which was just a Caprice under all that extended bodywork). He never forgave me.
    Nor should he have. That’s a car.

Shits happening in the upstate. Blackhawk training crash literally 2 miles from my house last night. Three dead. RIP.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/us/ne...ash/index.html

Which is no surprise considering we're a training ground for "whatever is next"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 7.43.05 AM.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	649.6 KB 
ID:	358923

That sucks. I've got a buddy who flies Blackhawks for the GA Air Nat'l Guard and he has told me more than once that if you haven't crashed, you're not a helicopter pilot.

Condolences to those soldiers' families.

That sucks. I've got a buddy who flies Blackhawks for the GA Air Nat'l Guard and he has told me more than once that if you haven't crashed, you're not a helicopter pilot.

Condolences to those soldiers' families.
    Yeah, that is very sad. I’m sorry to see that. One of my high school friends went career army and he told me once that they referred to Blackhawks as lawn darts. He felt much better about riding in the bigger birds.

On a happier note, I skied at Greek Peak last weekend. Pretty cool place and very very upstate in every way.

Name:	E3FE1647-279F-4798-8A2A-DEEF436DADE3.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	355.1 KB 
ID:	358986

please forgive (or ignore) my shameless self promotion.

https://nyskiblog.com/greek-peak-the...ny/#more-61953

^^ That Maple Festival has already been cancelled. My wife was supposed to have a booth at the craft fair part and got the email a few days ago with the refund code for the booth space.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    On a happier note, I skied at Greek Peak last weekend. Pretty cool place and very very upstate in every way.

Name:	E3FE1647-279F-4798-8A2A-DEEF436DADE3.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	355.1 KB 
ID:	358986

please forgive (or ignore) my shameless self promotion.

https://nyskiblog.com/greek-peak-the...ny/#more-61953
    Ha. I just skied there today. First time. Some cool stuff on the mountain. Needs snow, but, if they get a dump soon, that place will be fun.

Girlfriend and I were debating. I say, CNY, she says, WNY.