Page 182 of 508 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 12683
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    Cookie Pus or Fudgie the Whale? I remember those horrible commercials back in the day...
    and by horrible you mean awesome? what a great cultural artifact of the early 80s.

Cookie Pus or Fudgie the Whale? I remember those horrible commercials back in the day...
    Fudgie the whale. Even in the early 80s the Carvel in Lockport was depressing. But it did have spectacular air conditioning in the summer. The NW mags could ride out the heat wave in comfort with chocolate crumbles is they only had a Carvel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cookie O’Puss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yeah what was I thinking, maybe it’s just nice to not be the laughing stock of the league for once from my position.

Browns-Bills 2021
    Ran across a dude originally from Whitesburo on vacation on the Outer Banks who was staying next to us. Retried firefighter. Great guy. We had a great time bonding over the Moe.saic we brought and the Saranac Mule Kicker he brought. Anyway...

Second or third time I'm talking to him he brings me over to his beach setup to meet his crew. First thing one of the woman asks "Ya Bills fans or Giants fans?" My Dad and I were both there, so we both yell Browns to shouts of approval. Turns out non of them were Giants fans. Cause the Giants suck. Bills fans, plus one of the ladies was a Patriots fan.

So then we bonded over how much she sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Ran across a dude originally from Whitesburo on vacation on the Outer Banks who was staying next to us. Retried firefighter. Great guy. We had a great time bonding over the Moe.saic we brought and the Saranac Mule Kicker he brought. Anyway...

Second or third time I'm talking to him he brings me over to his beach setup to meet his crew. First thing one of the woman asks "Ya Bills fans or Giants fans?" My Dad and I were both there, so we both yell Browns to shouts of approval. Turns out non of them were Giants fans. Cause the Giants suck. Bills fans, plus one of the ladies was a Patriots fan.

So then we bonded over how much she sucked.
    These sound like good people.
    I still call it The Jake.

These sound like good people.
    Exactly right. Lots of good people in the upstates.

These pussy crumbs are making me itch.

Happy Birthday Tom Carvel.
    with all this talk about Cookie Puss I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

The Official Argue About Where Upstate NY Is Thread

The old stomping grounds. When the lake effect machine gets going , 30”+ in 24 hours is common

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0077.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	276.9 KB 
ID:	379561

Where is that?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Upstate, near here
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0078.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	934.2 KB 
ID:	379563

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not Vermont I'm guessing.
    I still call it The Jake.

All that time and effort to produce a "huh?" moment on the side of a road.

skicaz?
    wny is not cny

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Upstate, near here
    So anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    They’re too hoity-toity to come over on our side of the river to begin with….. got damn land o’ bennys over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Wait a minute...there is a course in Jersey with a 605yd par 5....how long is this "longest par 5" off the Taconic?
    ...used to be If memory serves it was well over 600 from the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    I always thought the Jets were more of a Long Island team (at least they were when I was growing up), They practiced at Hofstra, Many of them rented houses at Point Lookout, and hung out in bars in East Meadow (Greg Buttles owned a bar that was pretty well know hang out for them and football groupies).
    I used to ride my bike over to Hofstra to watch their practices. Us kids knew a lot of the players in the late 70's well enough that if we saw them out at a restaurant or something we could say "Hey Joe..." and they'd come over to the table and talk for a minute. It was always cool when everyone in the restaurant would look over like 'woah they know Joe...'

The Western Reserve of Connecticut

Where I grew up. It's why so much of NE Ohio looks like New England (see: Hudson, Chagrin Falls, Hunting Valley, etc.). They didn't know where the western border of CT was so it extended "to the sea", maintaining only the northern and southern boundaries, which encapsulated the entirety of NE Ohio. Moses Cleaveland came from CT and settled what is now Cleveland (duh) and the rest of the Connecticutians brought not just their architecture but other things that still persist strongly to this day like Clam Bakes, a nasally accent, boatbuilding, and a strong affinity for town squares with federalist and greek revival architecture.

**THE MORE YOU KNOW**
    Nutmegers

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    wicked interesting. i used to teach US history back in the day and we'd look at these crazy colonial & early republic maps with NE colony/state lines drawn waaay out west but never dug deep into the backstory.

closer to home, there was a land swap between CT & NY where CT got Greenwich and NY got what's now called Vista - that zigzag in eastern Westchester Co. i think CT got the better deal in the long run.

will stop there as none of this is upstate.
    Yeah we got f'd. We have to maintain their half mile piece of interstate, they don't plow it or fill potholes so it gets all fucked up sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    . I used to ride my bike over to Hofstra to watch their practices. Us kids knew a lot of the players in the late 70's well enough that if we saw them out at a restaurant or something we could say "Hey Joe..." and they'd come over to the table and talk for a minute. It was always cool when everyone in the restaurant would look over like 'woah they know Joe...'
    That's awesome (esp if it was Klecko). I drove in several times from Wch in late 90s/early 2000s. became a summer ritual w/wifie. lunch break at the hudge, ice cold diner a mile or two to the east (great souvlaki). hit up an empty Jones beach after 5-6pm for a walk on the wet sand. stayed in the Uniondale Marriott one year when players were there & rode the elevator with Ray Mickens. met a group of linemen (year Mike Haight was drafted) at fudruckers. parking @ Hofstra was easy, no tickets and hardly any security bs. good memories. another time I'll post about the coaches clinic i got into unplanned.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah we got f'd. We have to maintain their half mile piece of interstate, they don't plow it or fill potholes so it gets all fucked up sometimes.
    That explains a lot. I always wondered why that stretch of 684-in a top-5 wealthiest county-was so torn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    So anywhere.
    That’s from Cattaragaus County, it turns redneck quick. The ski area was Kissing Bridge South

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    That’s from Cattaragaus County, it turns redneck quick. The ski area was Kissing Bridge South
    Thanks. I vaguely recall skiing there many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    That's awesome (esp if it was Klecko).
    One of the brands I sell got Klecko to show up for a launch event for a new flavored vodka many years ago. He was supposed to give some kind of a motivational talk but he drank too much before he got to the podium and we ended with a mostly incoherent rehashing- the- old days rant. At one point he said something like “I know there aren’t any Giants fans here…” and a couple of guys yelled something like “go giants” or something. Joe was like “who said that?” Like he wanted to fight. It was hilarious. We’ve had a lot of celebrities associated with one brand or another wander through over the years but that was the best by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    One of the brands I sell got Klecko to show for a launch event for a new flavored vodka many years ago. He was supposed to give some kind of a motivational talk but he drank too much before he got to the podium and we ended with a mostly incoherent rehashing- the- old days rant. At one point he said something like “I know there aren’t any Giants fans here…” and a couple of guys yelled something like “go giants” or something. Joe was like “who said that?” Like he wanted to fight. It was hilarious. We’ve had a lot of celebrities associated with one brand or another wander through over the years but that was the best by far.
    pure gold. dude was a truck driver. not an ounce of polish on him. can you imagine him with an Instagram like today's poofs?

still can't believe he's not in the HoF.

Taking it off boss

Name:  212861541_3098601763707960_1197543960880887761_n.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  88.2 KB
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Taking it off boss

Name:  212861541_3098601763707960_1197543960880887761_n.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  88.2 KB
    Solid lineup.