Page 180 of 505 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 12625
    ROC now has two Chicks (at once), so this rule is suspect. Let's stick with Stewarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Cheaters using metadata
    Sorry. Title shows right under the photo in the app.

Pictures of the deep woods and a bear in the garbage?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I didn't see any blue tarps.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If a town upstate, wherever that is, gets a chick fil a, are they disqualified?
    Plattsburgh has a Chick-fil-A.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Nope. We've covered this too. Upstate's western boarder occurs around Rochester. The exact demarcation is up in the air. I believe it to be when the word soda gives way to the word pop and I'm standing by that definition.
    Demarcation line is how ever far east we use to have to drive to watch blacked out Bills games. Used to be West Henrietta, then was Syracuse(?).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nope. We've covered this too. Upstate's western boarder occurs around Rochester. The exact demarcation is up in the air. I believe it to be when the word soda gives way to the word pop and I'm standing by that definition.
    I never agreed to this. WNY is clearly a subsection of upstate, linguistic differences or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I never agreed to this. WNY is clearly a subsection of upstate, linguistic differences or not.
    Negative ghost rider, the cultural, social, and football team differences between Upstate and Western NY create a fuzzy line dividing the two, somewhere between Rochester and Syracuse.

change of topic - this is big downstate but how about upstate?

"Tom Carvel was a weird guy.."

Fred Norris is from rural CT.

Definitely not Upstate.

Cookie-puss

So I open call of duty up and I have an invitation to join a regiment
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1626210183.449498.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	379398
    I’m tempted to join and see if they can offer up some help on this question, though the fact they invited me and I’m nowhere near upstate has me questioning their commitment to the brand.

I grew up in WNY and understand the resentment most WNYs feel when WNY is referred to as upstate. However, it is all part of upstate. Of course I now call pop soda, so you may disagree.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Geezus, we have been over this.

Upstate / downstate is all focused on proximity to the NYC metro. The line between the two is fought over like Kashmir. Each region can be further divided into sub-regions, like WNY , CNY and the ‘Daks.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Maybe.

Here's a test using fast food franchises: If when the local McDonald's closes for a remodeling it's front page news in the local rag newspaper (which may print one, two or three times per week). Extra credit if when the local McDonalds reopens after a remodeling the local high school band plays at the reopening there's no doubt you're in upstate.

Local newspaper reports Vehicle Accident in front of or police activity (a.k.a. meth overdose in the restrooms) at a Dunkin Donuts or lesser so Tim Hortons? Yep, you're solidly in upstate.

Edit to add: Most Stewart's Shops at 2:00 - 2:30 am on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. You can see all forms of human life. I'm not talking race, more examples of all forms of socio-enonomic life. This was valid pre pandemic lockdown, haven't been out n about enought to see if this still holds true post lockdown.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Every time I go up the Taconic and pass the old Carvel Country Club I get annoyed that I didn't make the effort to get up there to play it before Tom died and they closed it. They had the longest par 5 in the northeast and a great location for views of the Catskills and Berkshires.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

Definitely not Upstate.
    Always saw these weird Cookie Puss commercials going up on WPTZ 5 Plattsburgh. No Carvel shops in VT. Must have been Upstate.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Chick fil a and more coming to Thruway rest stops. Looks like they're updating some of the upstate rest areas.

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/nass...-areas/812302/

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    Chick fil a and more coming to Thruway rest stops. Looks like they're updating some of the upstate rest areas.

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/nass...-areas/812302/
    It will be a major advancement if they can keep the restrooms clean and not smelling like two-day old dried piss.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

Definitely not Upstate.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    that's fucking great.

also ...

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Thank you. Beasties is the only thing that should come to mind when you hear Cookie Puss.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Every time I go up the Taconic and pass the old Carvel Country Club I get annoyed that I didn't make the effort to get up there to play it before Tom died and they closed it. They had the longest par 5 in the northeast and a great location for views of the Catskills and Berkshires.
    Wait a minute...there is a course in Jersey with a 605yd par 5....how long is this "longest par 5" off the Taconic?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Oh..fyi....had a fresh Carvel ice cream cake outta Florida NY for my son's Bday. Got leftovers in the freezer and extra "chocolate crunchies" on the side.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Western/Central dividing line is around Palmyra, where Joseph Smith found the ‘Golden Mushrooms’ (oops, I meant plates).
    It’s historical!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident