Page 258 of 312 FirstFirst ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 7778
  1. #6426
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,190
    fuck melting it, just drive right over that shit. what ya really need more grit! just sand the crap out of it…

  2. #6427
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,842
    Doesn't Elon Musk make flamethrowers?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  3. #6428
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    9,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    This could help us draw the line. If the news story starts with “upstate man with a flamethrower…” we know that the route 6 theory is confirmed, right?
    Hahaha

  4. #6429
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,267
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    fuck melting it, just drive right over that shit. what ya really need more grit! just sand the crap out of it…
    I think he said last year that his driveway turns into a glacier.

  5. #6430
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,362
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I gotta come up with something, I've gone through over 50 lbs of ice melt crap already this winter. The neighbor's bushes on the south side grew like mad last year with that really wet spring and it's just terrible, I asked them to let me trim them or something and got told no, again, for the 26th year in a row.
    Forget the heat. Get one of these bad boys. I had one with a handle made of pipe.

    Name:  A00Y_1_20181028211308251.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  6.1 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  6. #6431
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,169
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I gotta come up with something, I've gone through over 50 lbs of ice melt crap already this winter. The neighbor's bushes on the south side grew like mad last year with that really wet spring and it's just terrible, I asked them to let me trim them or something and got told no, again, for the 26th year in a row.
    I feel like right now the search function would be helpful to find the story about my old college buddy dumping gas on his neighbor’s overgrown bushes they refused to let him trim on his side of their property line every time he walked his dog. Shit got kilt quick and was all, “weird, they were so robust last summer” as he offered to tear them up when he was digging the post holes for his new fence. It was a drawn out, but well-fought battle.

    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Forget the heat. Get one of these bad boys. I had one with a handle made of pipe.

    Name:  A00Y_1_20181028211308251.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  6.1 KB
    No one needs to see your hoe Wooley.
    I still call it The Jake.

  7. #6432
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,190
    moar grit!



  8. #6433
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,190
    just another day in the upstates….

    https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2022/...olice-say.html

  9. #6434
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,169
    How do you leave your cell phone at the site of one of the stop signs you plowed over?

    Trying to get that footy?
    I still call it The Jake.

  10. #6435
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,842
    Growing up in the Upstates I had a friend who lived on the end of a cul-de-sac. One night a drunk lady drove up their driveway and into his house. She kept saying to the police (while sitting in the cruiser in handcuffs) that she'd been driving on that road for years and there was never a house there before. Apparently she lived one street past my friend's house, and just sorta missed her exit that night.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  11. #6436
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,169
    I hate when houses just pop up on you like that.
    I still call it The Jake.

  12. #6437
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Doesn't Elon Musk make flamethrowers?
    There might be something to this flamethrower idea.

    Name:  Screenshot (20).png
Views: 91
Size:  59.4 KB

  13. #6438
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,267
    I don't know the layout of the driveway or anything really about the situation, however, I'd be constantly wracking my brain for a plausible "oops, so sorry" scenario.

  14. #6439
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,169
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    There might be something to this flamethrower idea.

    Name:  Screenshot (20).png
Views: 91
Size:  59.4 KB
    So downstate gets flamethrowers?

    Seems like that should be the other way around.
    I still call it The Jake.

  15. #6440
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,842
    Where would one buy a flamethrower, at the Army Navy store?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  16. #6441
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Where would one buy a flamethrower, at the Army Navy store?
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  67.5 KB
    I still call it The Jake.

  17. #6442
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,571
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So downstate gets flamethrowers?

    Seems like that should be the other way around.
    No, no. Downstaters would be wary of the danger and generally shy away from them, or excited about the possibilities and use them in a skilled manner whether for appropriate purposes or not. I think I'd argue that upstaters are likely to be both less mindful of use and less skilled in operation.

    We've all seen how they handle folding tables, beer balls, hay bales, tarps and tractors.

  18. #6443
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,190
    Hell, flamethrowers are easy to get. You don’t even need a license. Check out the video, it can clearly be used for driveway maintenance.













    https://throwflame.com/flamethrowers/


    You can also get the ladies version at Simmons sporting goods.

    https://www.simmonssportinggoods.com...yABEgIF1fD_BwE



  19. #6444
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,169
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    No, no. Downstaters would be wary of the danger and generally shy away from them, or excited about the possibilities and use them in a skilled manner whether for appropriate purposes or not. I think I'd argue that upstaters are likely to be both less mindful of use and less skilled in operation.

    We've all seen how they handle folding tables, beer balls, hay bales, tarps and tractors.
    ***Checks the police blotter section of the Post-Standard***

    Yep, this checks out.
    I still call it The Jake.

  20. #6445
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    8,227
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

    ]
    Driveway porn at 0:40

  21. #6446
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,571
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Hell, flamethrowers are easy to get. You don’t even need a license. Check out the video, it can clearly be used for driveway maintenance.













    https://throwflame.com/flamethrowers/


    You can also get the ladies version at Simmons sporting goods.

    https://www.simmonssportinggoods.com...yABEgIF1fD_BwE


    Two things:

    I stand by my assertion that they only leave water which then refreezes. No, I'm not going to tell you how I know that.

    Regarding the two advertisements - who the hell is the target market here?!?!

  22. #6447
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,267
    So you can't evaporate the water with the flamethrower and leave a clean driveway?

  23. #6448
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,362
    Not if you live in Upstate.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  24. #6449
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,169
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

    Regarding the two advertisements - who the hell is the target market here?!?!
    Without even clicking on the video for the "Exothermic Pulsefire" (how that's not a dildo I'll never know), I can tell you that the cover shot looks like the target market is:

    25 to 35 year old people living and/or working in a trailer on a somewhat busy two-lane state route, with multiple other trailers in the yard, with Walgreens-quality hair dye jobs, who aren't afraid to show a little side boob cleavage because it also allows you to show off your new neck/clavicle tattoo, and who aren't afraid to blow shit up, and also love a good flannel, but never button it.

    Basically the Upstates.
    I still call it The Jake.

  25. #6450
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    8,227
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Two things:

    I stand by my assertion that they only leave water which then refreezes. No, I'm not going to tell you how I know that.

    Regarding the two advertisements - who the hell is the target market here?!?!
    I'll play stupid. Once melted, wouldn't it be a great time to just sprinkle a little Driveway Heat on there and grind it in with your foot. Should require a lot less than 50lbs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •