Page 351 of 508 FirstFirst ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 12683
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Not feeling Greater Niagara, I much prefer Dirty Buff
    I also feel like their zone for Greater Niagara stretches too far east. I saw a different map that calls it the Niagara Frontier, I like that a bit more if we're encapsulating a larger region, but if we're talking about a more localized area to Buffalo we should definitely call it the Dirty Buff
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Who was it that suggested the Naked Turtle? We made it this time. Nice place it turns out.

Attachment 424744

Attachment 424745

We sat outside

Attachment 424746

So the cheeseburger was, according to my wife, good but too big. Dangerboy reported the wings were pretty tasty. Junior got fish and chips. He said they were pretty good but he’s had better.

Attachment 424747

I tried a bite of his fish. He was right. The fish tacos, on the other hand, kicked ass. I’m recommending the fish tacos.

Attachment 424748
    That looks like a great place to chill by the water. You can tell looking at that fish fry, the breading just isn't right despite looking like what might be a good piece of fish (walleye/perch?) underneath.

I'd still eat it and have 4-6 cold domestics while staring at the boats coming and going.
    I still call it The Jake.

My trip reminded me that not all of upstate was created equal
    Adirondacks>Catskills
    Champlain>George

Just finished a quick tour of the Upstates for purposes of depositing kid #1 at his first semester of college in Poughkeepsie. Entered via the western region, overnighted in the fingering lakes at my moms in Canandaigua, continued on to Schenectady area (Duanesburg) to see my dad, uncle and grandparents in their final resting spot and glance at the old family business now sadly without train locomotive upon death of said uncle, then south to Dutchess county for a night, drop kid and hightail it back out via Port Jervis. All in about 48 hours.

Sadly, was done without any good local beers as my mom’s no connoisseur and the Poughkeepsie holiday inn is lacking. However can confirm all regions meet some definition of the Upstates, blessed be the multitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreljam View Post
    Just finished a quick tour of the Upstates for purposes of depositing kid #1 at his first semester of college in Poughkeepsie. Entered via the western region, overnighted in the fingering lakes at my moms in Canandaigua, continued on to Schenectady area (Duanesburg) to see my dad, uncle and grandparents in their final resting spot and glance at the old family business now sadly without train locomotive upon death of said uncle, then south to Dutchess county for a night, drop kid and hightail it back out via Port Jervis. All in about 48 hours.

Sadly, was done without any good local beers as my mom’s no connoisseur and the Poughkeepsie holiday inn is lacking. However can confirm all regions meet some definition of the Upstates, blessed be the multitudes.
    Excellent mini TR. Hope all went well.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Excellent mini TR. Hope all went well.
    yup. That’s the hard lap. Driving up the Northway is easy by comparison. And having Junior at Plattsburgh instead of Buffalo prevents me being tempted by Paula’s Doughnuts.

You were within 5-10 minutes of so many great little breweries and taphouses, and a block from exit 104 (I think) on Rt17 is Beer World, they usually have a nice selection of NY beers.

When my kid was I think, 4 or 5, or whatever age poo and pee jokes became funny, the sign on the Thruway for Pookeepsie was always a highlight of the trip. That, and Peekskill.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Pee and poop never stop being funny.

How about Coxsackie? That one always makes me laugh

And it's got a virus named after it.

I can also confirm that the Coxsackie Municipal Court where one goes to protest speeding tickets received on the NYS Thruway is an experience very close to being in front of Judge JP Valkenheiser in Valkenvania.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I can also confirm that the Coxsackie Municipal Court where one goes to protest speeding tickets received on the NYS Thruway is an experience very close to being in front of Judge JP Valkenheiser in Valkenvania.
    Sounds like Claverack and Coxsackie operate the same way. Once they were done picking your pockets, the judge seemed to delight in giving people directions back home that would bypass the Taconic (where all the tickets get written.) Weird. Also weird that locals tried to convince me to pronounce it "clav'rick". No way
    Last edited by Brownski; 08-30-2022 at 08:24 PM.

Fuck every town court along the Taconic. Fuck em all

I hope you all have pleasant memories of what The Gunks looked like before today. There will be a lot less vegetation by the time the sun comes up tomorrow Minnewaska State Park is closed until further notice, the Mohonk Mtn House is being evacuated and the roads through are closed. The smoke here finally cleared when the wind came up but that wind is destroying all sortsa shit on the west side of The River. There are at least a half dozen large fires burning now.

edit for better info- So Minnewaska and Sam's Point are closed, MMH is fine. It looks like at least a few hundred acres so far and the wind is doing some damage. The Sam's Point fire is in its 3rd day now and spreading quicker now. No deets on the others that I see yet but I hear there's some info on Twitter.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 08-30-2022 at 06:42 PM.

I just discovered that Other Half Brewing has a double IPA called Chicken Riggies.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Fuck every town court along the Taconic. Fuck em all

I hope you all have pleasant memories of what The Gunks looked like before today. There will be a lot less vegetation by the time the sun comes up tomorrow Minnewaska State Park is closed until further notice, the Mohonk Mtn House is being evacuated and the roads through are closed. The smoke here finally cleared when the wind came up but that wind is destroying all sortsa shit on the west side of The River. There are at least a half dozen large fires burning now.

help on the way…

Slipknot
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The Official Argue About Where Upstate NY Is Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Slipknot
    Fire

https://youtu.be/bDE0jQz_SqU

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    help on the way…

Sorta. Montgomery got a half inch. Meh...

I always thought If I could find a Coxsackie country club or golf club I’d want some of they’re logo’d gear.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hey guys, anyone seen this?

Not Upstate, but you'd never know it!

Adk are definitely upstate

Also known as ‘Upper-Upstate’
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

ADK is upstate for sure. Woodchuck heaven up there.

GTA in the upstates…

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2022/...olice-say.html

if the adirondacs want to be part of the upstates, they need to step up their fucking game.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    ADK is upstate for sure. Woodchuck heaven up there.
    Oh yeah, I got ancestors who used to market hunt deer in the Cold 'Daks. But it's gotten too expensive for Upstaters to live there anymore. Plattsburgh maybe...but it's got a snooty harbor...