Page 340 of 505 FirstFirst ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 12625
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    You could go full Ted Kacynski out there.
    Out here, no one can hear you scream.

Go ahead, try it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Out here, no one can hear you scream.

Go ahead, try it.
    Isn't that also true on Harry's Island?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Isn't that also true on Harry's Island?
    I think the sound really carries across the frozen water in wintertime.

I forgot that we hit Ted’s on the way back south too. My kid was good with the basic fish fry two days in a row but I decided to go with a couple fish tacos instead

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6C8DCA5E-47A1-41DF-90CE-314DC2F686F8.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	435.3 KB 
ID:	422489

No macaroni salad?

Ted’s trays look good enough to slide on.

Ted’s trays look good enough to slide on.
    Oh shit, somehow I had completely forgotten about that.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Oh shit, somehow I had completely forgotten about that.
    Back when I was briefly a liftie at a 3rd tier ski area the cafeteria tray was the second most used method of getting downhill when it came time to rotate. The first being the shovel.

Back when I was briefly a liftie at a 3rd tier ski area the cafeteria tray was the second most used method of getting downhill when it came time to rotate. The first being the shovel.
    We had shovel races at our little hill in the UPSTATES.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    We had shovel races at our little hill in the UPSTATES.
    Those fuckers are fast!

Those fuckers are fast!
    Also more stable than the trays.

Let's be honest though, the handle just gave you some kind of false sense of being able to actually direct where the thing was going.

Those fuckers are fast!
    Especiially if you coated them with non-caloric silicone-based kitchen lubricant.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

It's all fun and games until you catch a shovel handle in the testicles.

It's still games. It's just not fun anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Especiially if you coated them with non-caloric silicone-based kitchen lubricant.
    We found that "Whirl" brand liquid butter substitute from the kitchen worked well too.

Then it's hilarious.

my buddies and I used to race cafeteria trays down the slope from the bottom of the lifts to the base lodge at Bristol on Friday nights while our parents hung out in the lodge and drank at après. good times in the Upstates.

ETA: they've since filled that slope in to build a patio and do a bunch of other main lodge renovations. RIP cafeteria tray races.. the youths these day's don't know what they're missin'
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I got it...

We found that "Whirl" brand liquid butter substitute from the kitchen worked well too.

Then it's hilarious.
    Ow, my balls!

I remember going through orientation as new liftie and one of the supervisors claimed that shovel riding was a fire-able offense. It had never occurred to me to use a shovel as a sled before that and I thought for a second; why would I do that if I’m allowed to ski down? Then I tried and I understood. More fun than it should be. Also, it never got anybody fired. I’m not sure there were any real fire-able offenses for the lift department.
    edit: They also said it would get us fired as snowmakers the year I did that. Also a lie. And it’s a way more useful skill as a snowmaker.

When I was a kid, one of the best places to sled was the Burlington Country Club. The sledding hill was right next to UVM so the hill was always littered with abandoned cafeteria trays. The main runs would always get iced up. Someone would build a jump. UVM rescue got so they'd just hang out some afternoons and wait for the carnage. In HS a buddy broke both wrists at the same time snowboarding there. We'd mess with him in the hallways, but he had a few black belts by then and you didn't want to get within kicking range.

Snowmakers don’t fucking ride shovels. Not if they know what the fuck they’re doing. As previously pointed out, a shovel handle will wreck yer fucking nuts.

when I was working at the Gore, the fucking state outfitted us in the same gotdamned yellow fuckin’ rain slickers that Groton fisherman wore… motherfuckin’ rain slickers, while working it on the inclined ice. yep. no headlamps neither, instead we get a 4 D cell maglite like the ones cops usta use to club the shit out of hippies back in the day, with a rope duct taped to it so as you can hang that heavy assed piece of shit around yer neck.

So, buddy and I were making a run down Hawkeye tending to the ratniks on ground sleds cause nobody had yet thought to put the goddamn guns up 40 foot in the fuckin’ air the way we do now…

On a two man run, one guy would walk the hydrants line nice and dry adjustin’ the water as directed by the other sucker who would be walkin’ under the guns to check if we was makin’ rains or snows. i was the sucker on the upper headwall... after which we take another safety meeting before switchin’ roles on the lower steeps.

we made it down to second hydrant and buddy was onslope moving the ratnik to optimal position takin’ all possible wind variations into careful consideration when he stepped out onto the bulletproof wonder we had just laid down as “base”… slipped onto his rain slickered ass and that fucker accelerated off the line faster than ol’ big daddy don garlits. no shit, that big assed maglite beatin’ him about the head and shoulders like a fuckin’ lightsaber possessed as he went flailing down the fall line.

he made it bout three quarters the way to headwaters before he caught one of them ratnik sledsright in the fuckin’ balls ow. stopped him dead in his tracks from top speed…

by the time i got to him, that sweet hit of adrenaline had kicked in and he was up hopping around saying I’m fucking fine, I’m fucking fine, I’m fucking fine, I’m fucking fine, but he weren’t… nope.

said he gots ta pee, so he turns to shoot a dukie but there ain’t no stream… after a bit he says, to nobody in particular, “jeesh” he says “why are my balls so fuckin’ hudge?”

turns out, running into that ratnik had severed his urethra somewhere back up inside his fucking cock. so, when he went to take that piss, instead of exiting the cock as one would expect, it just filled up his ball sack with impressive faux elephantiasis style results.

there was a new buddy on at next shift.

fact.

how to get about the mountain without wrecking yer balls? snowmakers in the know use the Swiss Bob cause nobody needs nothin’ whackin’ ‘em in their crotch at speeds.

Name:  A915FEA7-3214-4CDF-9B3E-1A5FD9A5B7A0.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  29.0 KB

kinda like this but at night.

Last edited by m2711c; 07-27-2022 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Snowmakers don’t fucking ride shovels. Not if they know what the fuck they’re doing. As previously pointed out, a shovel handle will wreck yer fucking nuts.

when I was working at the Gore, the fucking state outfitted us in the same gotdamned yellow fuckin’ rain slickers that Groton fisherman wore… motherfuckin’ rain slickers, while working it on the inclined ice. yep. no headlamps neither, instead we get a 4 D cell maglite like the ones cops usta use to club the shit out of hippies back in the day, with a rope duct taped to it so as you can hang that heavy assed piece of shit around yer neck.

So, buddy and I were making a run down Hawkeye tending to the ratniks on ground sleds cause nobody had yet thought to put the goddamn guns up 40 foot in the fuckin’ air the way we do now…

On a two man run, one guy would walk the hydrants line nice and dry adjustin’ the water as directed by the other sucker who would be walkin’ under the guns to check if we was makin’ rains or snows. i was the sucker on the upper headwall... after which we take another safety meeting before switchin’ roles on the lower steeps.

we made it down to second hydrant and buddy was onslope moving the ratnik to optimal position takin’ all possible wind variations into careful consideration when he stepped out onto the bulletproof wonder we had just laid down as “base”… slipped onto his rain slickered ass and that fucker accelerated off the line faster than ol’ big daddy don garlits. no shit, that big assed maglite beatin’ him about the head and shoulders like a fuckin’ lightsaber possessed as he went flailing down the fall line.

he made it bout three quarters the way to headwaters before he caught one of them ratnik sledsright in the fuckin’ balls ow. stopped him dead in his tracks from top speed…

by the time i got to him, that sweet hit of adrenaline had kicked in and he was up hopping around saying I’m fucking fine, I’m fucking fine, I’m fucking fine, I’m fucking fine, but he weren’t… nope.

said he gots ta pee, so he turns to shoot a dukie but there ain’t no stream… after a bit he says, to nobody in particular, “jeesh” he says “why are my balls so fuckin’ hudge?”

turns out, running into that ratnik had severed his urethra somewhere back up inside his fucking cock. so, when he went to take that piss, instead of exiting the cock as one would expect, it just filled up his ball sack with impressive faux elephantiasis style results.

fact.

how to get about the mountain without wrecking yer balls? snowmakers in the know use the Swiss Bob cause nobody needs nothin’ whackin’ ‘em in their crotch at speeds.

]
    All time upstate story...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I got it...
    Oh I got it too Griswold.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

fact.

Name:  A915FEA7-3214-4CDF-9B3E-1A5FD9A5B7A0.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  29.0 KB

kinda like this but at night.

Fucking. Epic. Upstates. Post.

Woah.