Page 370 of 508 FirstFirst ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,250 of 12677
    I see hydraulic turtles.

That's a standout episode right there.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I caught one at over 100 on I80 in OH. It was just lifting and it rolled up the hood, over the roof and into the windshield of the car following me. Into, IOW through
    I'm seriously impressed you got up to decent driving speed on that road without incurring the wrath of one of the 300 State Troopers that live in its median.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Still hilarious.
    I still call it The Jake.

This was in 1992 (I think?) at 2am, I was a young, ignorant pup in a Chevy Corsica rental machine and I was on a mission. Within a minute or two of it happening there was a string of trooper cars going the other way so I figured the next 100 miles to the border would be clear. At that point my young self was compelled to ask that car for all it had. That was fun I made it to my buddy's wedding on time.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    very similar experience at a slightly slower speed and the bird and I made eye contact. we were both freaking out
    Yeah the look on it's face was something I won't forget.

This was in 1992 (I think?) at 2am, I was a young, ignorant pup in a Chevy Corsica rental machine and I was on a mission. Within a minute or two of it happening there was a string of trooper cars going the other way so I figured the next 100 miles to the border would be clear. At that point my young self was compelled to ask that car for all it had. That was fun I made it to my buddy's wedding on time.

LOL, the fastest car in the world is a rental car.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Turkeys are dangerous. I almost hit one in Maine in October. I was doing at least 65 on ME Rt 26, came around a corner and the bastard chose that exact moment to try to fly accross the road. I have no idea how it didn't end up in my lap through the windshield. Or even how it made it over the hood. Graceful fliers they are not. Not a scratch on the car. I still don't know how I missed it. Hopefully I scared it silly and it won't try that again.
    I hit one at 65 in the upstates...Rte 481 from Syracuse heading toward Fulton. Caved in the windshield of my Volvo 740 but other than a few pebbles of safety glass in my lap, the windshield stayed intact. Same thing; fucker was looking right at the car from the side of the road and decided that was a perfect time to try to take off.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    And great for off roading as well

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    2nd gear is your friend if it's a stick.

I recall a friend showing me you had to use reverse for donuts in a fwd rental car.

Well this is a problem for Upstate https://www.whec.com/top-news/federa...-parts-of-nys/

nah, my dealer ain’t never had no license and he weren’t plannin’ on gittin one neither…

fact.

The car behind you probably tried to tell them that you flung that turkey at them on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    nah, my dealer ain’t never had no license and he weren’t plannin’ on gittin one neither…

fact.
    Yeah but it's nice to be able to stop and pick it up wherever you are. This year I've actually been planning my work trips so that I'd hit one of the reservations but I'd rather it be easier.*1st world problems*

Kissing Bridge Sunday anyone?

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 9.14.05 PM.png
Views: 310
Size:  496.2 KB

Oh and cross-thread with the Browns, who will be in town Sunday amidst a forecast for 2 feet at the stadium. Buckle up buttercup

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

I was just about to post that I heard it’s puking upstate. Won’t be long now

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

Oh and cross-thread with the Browns, who will be in town Sunday amidst a forecast for 2 feet at the stadium. Buckle up buttercup
    Hell yes!

Run the damned ball Chubb!!

Buffalo is upstate?

Will it be drifting? What’s the gray spot, 5 ft?

It’s too bad Miami isn’t coming to town this weekend.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What’s the gray spot, 5 ft?
    When you're off the color chart, does it really matter?

I managed airport security for the Buffalo airport in 2014 when 7 feet fell in a little over 24 hours right before Thanksgiving. Most of our workers lived in the Southtowns where most of the snow was. I had a manager that lived in Tonawanda and he could see grass sticking up through the snow in his yard. I was based in Albany...it took me 5 hours to drive there because the Thruway was closed. Not a bit of snow until I was about 25 miles from Buffalo and had to get off the Thruway. Pretty interesting drive after that.

Yeah man, those were good times…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A951B44C-E675-422D-95E9-E57866E40B62.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	611.6 KB 
ID:	434239

Name:	D4F4BC55-9CEB-41E2-996D-4E8846C38162.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	579.6 KB 
ID:	434240

you wanna see Baller? Holiday valley got heated fucking sidewalks. No shoveling snow in the winter in the snow belt.

Name:	B6C1F226-47AD-4DBC-8B29-A490A8C466A6.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	759.2 KB 
ID:	434241

fact.

I want a heated driveway

Still to this day one of my all-time personal deep days was a Christmas storm that shut down I-90 and I-86/Southern Tier Expy. Complete white room driving by feel at 5am on the way to HV, and when I got off 90 onto 86 I popped into a gas station for coffee and a PA Statie told me I better get moving cause like Agent Johnson in Die Hard, they were going to shut it down now!

The sun rose and I crept across the Southern Tier only to be rewarded by being one of at most 100 skiers that made it to the mountain that morning. I turn-farmed the Falcon chair for hours thanks to the knee-to-thigh deep pow being replenished every lift ride up before taking advantage of a break in the storm to go see the rest of the mountain.

Much hootin and hollering was heard that day.

The drive back to NE OH where I was staying with family for the holiday was another story which I've shared somewhere in these 370 pages was also another all-time moment for me. Most ass-puckering drive of my life. Crossing Chautauqua Lake on 86 in a complete, howling, white-out alongside a Volvo behind two highway plows in each lane with two semis up our ass and the cops following somewhere behind shutting it down.

I can imagine that bridge in those conditions Driving on closed roads can be fun. I pulled off I70 in UT one night because I couldn't see past the end of the hood of my 76 FJ55. I went about a half mile down some dirt road about 60 miles east of Salina and parked under a big overhanging cliff to stay out of the wind. I woke up to 20" on the hood so cleaned it off, took a piss and headed back to the hwy. It was a clean sheet of windblown goodness and I had an almost full tank so I pointed west and went for it. That was too much fun with a few sketchy episodes When I went down the exit ramp there was a trooper blocking the entrance across the street and the look on his face was priceless. The front of my truck was packed a few feet thick with packed snow with just a spot where the wipers kept it clear enough for me to keep going. He followed me into the gas station and started screaming at my stupidity for being out there so I got back in his face and reamed him out for missing me when they cleared the road and leaving me out there to freeze. Plowing through drifts up to the roof at full speed was awesome

I hope my parents didn't toss my old snowboard, pow day in the neighborhood!
    This storm looks very, very potent. You have a WSW wind, which will supercharge the lake effect bands, as they are running the full length of a near record warm Lake Erie.
    If the 48-72" forecast holds, I doubt the Bills game happens.