Page 7 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 5468
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    4,444
    yep....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8F8CAA13-A839-4D48-B31A-C52D7D4C4ADC.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	759.7 KB 
ID:	332434

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE1F88A2-CC99-4975-AE8A-E58BF6CB1F45.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	332436

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37C650E7-06D2-480B-80BA-0CC51A8F9EB6.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	415.3 KB 
ID:	332437

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58571E6E-99E5-441E-8D43-4866D7634FE5.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	405.2 KB 
ID:	332438

    it only sucks sometimes.....

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    4,444
    did i mention the no permit needed to float rivers thing?



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F5F56B55-3D0D-40F3-9987-FFD61092D49C.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	805.0 KB 
ID:	332439

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,549
    Yeah, NY isnít for everyone but itís where Iím from. Iíve lived in Plattsburgh, Oneonta, Goshen, Loudonville, Menands, the Bronx, Mohegan Lake, Montrose and now Iím in Rockland County for almost twenty years already. Shit.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Where bankers' bankers breed
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Yeah, NY isnít for everyone but itís where Iím from. Iíve lived in Plattsburgh, Oneonta, Goshen, Loudonville, Menands, the Bronx, Mohegan Lake, Montrose and now Iím in Rockland County for almost twenty years already. Shit.
    Albany/Delmar, Ithaca, Manhattan, Rochester, North Creek, Westchester.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    An Anheuser-Busch Barley Field
    Posts
    5,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Yeah, NY isn’t for everyone but it’s where I’m from. I’ve lived in Plattsburgh, Oneonta, Goshen, Loudonville, Menands, the Bronx, Mohegan Lake, Montrose and now I’m in Rockland County for almost twenty years already. Shit.
    Shit man, you been to the Nov in Oneonta?

    I was so smacked one night I followed my buddy in there thinking it was just another bar.

  6. #156
    jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    That's right! There's nothing interesting between Cortland and Geneseo. Just trailer parks and meth labs. Bumblefuck US.
    You're not completely wrong, but both Cortland and Geneseo are south of I90.

    All sarcasm aside, I'd imagine that the most accurate boundary between downstate/upstate would be the TZ bridge. The southern chunk of Rockland east of 17 and south of 287, and westchester south of 287.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    2 hours to Whiteface
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    chicken riggies?

    Local place here (Hudson valley) does a decent beef on weck.
    Where is this place?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    26,006
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    yep....


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58571E6E-99E5-441E-8D43-4866D7634FE5.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	405.2 KB 
ID:	332438

    it only sucks sometimes.....
    BmillsSkier likes an image
    I still call it The Jake.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    2 hours to Whiteface
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    I went to Rochester for grad school. It was the opposite ratio for me.
    The 390 was made for the migration of male students from RIT and U of R to make the weekly Friday night migration to Geneseo. Is the In Between (IB) still open?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pagosa Springs CO
    Posts
    777
    Black Rock, Kenmore, Brockport and Rome. There are things I miss, but not enough to consider moving back.
    My college roommate was from White Plains and said anything North of Westchester county was upstate.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,549
    If we’re posting UC pics, I have to participate... While camping down the road from the greatest (also most defiled) swimming hole in the state
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07A65021-1EC6-4982-870B-4DBC97EC14A1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	505.2 KB 
ID:	332445

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    2 hours to Whiteface
    Posts
    454
    I grew up in Niagara County, went to under grad in Rochester and Grad School in Albany. I work throughout the entire state, including LI and the NYC.

    Western NY is anywhere soda is called POP. End of story on that one.

    Secondary WNY test is beer. Buff was always Molson and Labatts. And you cannot not be from WNY and not know what an OV split is. Rochester had OV splits even though they always had pubs like the Old Toad which served them fancy European beers before it was kool.

    Upstate is anything north of Westchester and about half of Rockland, though no one really wants To claim Rockland County.


    I will take drunk dining at Nick Tahous because, despite what WNY residents want to acknowledge, you can get really good wings outside of WNY. You cannot find the same Nick T's fat to carb ratio on a garbage plate anywhere outside the Rochester area. Although Mighty Taco always seemed like a good idea after a good night out, though it never was.

    Best Beef on Weck was at the Alabama Hotel in Oakfield.

    Garbage plate from Rochester. Dibella subs as well, but they have expanded from their first shop on Jefferson ave across from Marketplace, to all corners of upstate.

    Embarrassingly, I love pastabilities hot tomatoe oil in Syr.

    Speedies in Binghamton.

    Red front Pizza in Troy or Clifton Park and the Fountain in Albany.





    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North,NorthEast
    Posts
    3,075
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1652.JPG 
Views:	1021 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	332454Iím glad I live in the ďepic mountainsĒ part of the first map, in Northern NY. Not upstate Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0463.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	527.4 KB 
ID:	332455
    My kids grew up skiing here... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2152.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	298.0 KB 
ID:	332456
    And this is a hike out of our front door. No car required
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1193.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	592.5 KB 
ID:	332457

    Not too bad. Iíve lived in quite a few spots all over the country. I never thought Iíd choose to live in NY, but I love it

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    26,006
    Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1652.JPG 
Views:	1021 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	332454I’m glad I live in the “epic mountains” part of the first map, in Northern NY. Not upstate Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0463.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	527.4 KB 
ID:	332455
    My kids grew up skiing here... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2152.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	298.0 KB 
ID:	332456
    And this is a hike out of our front door. No car required
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1193.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	592.5 KB 
ID:	332457

    Not too bad. I’ve lived in quite a few spots all over the country. I never thought I’d choose to live in NY, but I love it
    Beautiful pics
    I still call it The Jake.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    GNARvada
    Posts
    3,828
    Agreed - the 'Daks are beautiful country. The High Peaks are great (18 46ers down!), but it's also a paddling and fishing paradise.

    Random upstate food & beverage thoughts:
    Shit Beer Award = Mountain Brew Beer Ice.
    Best Wings & Weck = Bar Bill in East Aurora
    Tomato pies are very overrated.
    Garbage plates...there are many options, and it's easy to cheat (ex. Chicken Fingers + Fries + Salt Potatoes), but to do it right, you must include burger OR hot dog + mac salad + meat sauce
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 06-23-2020 at 08:48 PM.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    Where is this place?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Kelly jeans in Goshen.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

  17. #167
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    I grew up in Niagara County, went to under grad in Rochester and Grad School in Albany. I work throughout the entire state, including LI and the NYC.

    Western NY is anywhere soda is called POP. End of story on that one.

    Secondary WNY test is beer. Buff was always Molson and Labatts. And you cannot not be from WNY and not know what an OV split is. Rochester had OV splits even though they always had pubs like the Old Toad which served them fancy European beers before it was kool.

    Upstate is anything north of Westchester and about half of Rockland, though no one really wants To claim Rockland County.


    I will take drunk dining at Nick Tahous because, despite what WNY residents want to acknowledge, you can get really good wings outside of WNY. You cannot find the same Nick T's fat to carb ratio on a garbage plate anywhere outside the Rochester area. Although Mighty Taco always seemed like a good idea after a good night out, though it never was.

    Best Beef on Weck was at the Alabama Hotel in Oakfield.

    Garbage plate from Rochester. Dibella subs as well, but they have expanded from their first shop on Jefferson ave across from Marketplace, to all corners of upstate.

    Embarrassingly, I love pastabilities hot tomatoe oil in Syr.

    Speedies in Binghamton.

    Red front Pizza in Troy or Clifton Park and the Fountain in Albany.





    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No love for heids in Liverpool?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,955
    Letchworth Park is really neat in the fall. It gets less press than Adk and Catskills, the latter I've always thought of as kind of a dump unfortunately.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,374
    Six pages and no one talking about upstate secession?

    I loved the few times in the daks. Magic land.

    Even buffalo and Syracuse seem normal, from a Midwest perspective.

    But that shithole overcrowded city? It’s fun when you’re young, but it controls Albany

    OTOH. If upstate were it’s own state, it would be more developed. And less charming

    PS, can you get Adirondack black flies to invade nyc? That would be awesome
    ďIím a subhuman jizz monkeyĒ

    Thx mods. Itís an awesome signature.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    48,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    This is the most truth so far but I just discovered this thread so you all will need to give me a little time to catch up. Not for nothing but most days Rockland FEELS more like a part of the metro area then does Peekskill. Peekskill has a a very upstate-rustbelt-land-that-time-forgot feel to me.
    Peekskill has a major semi express train stop on the Hudson line with a massive parking lot. Not upstate.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,712

    The Official Argue About Where Upstate NY Is Thread

    Best wings are at Tonyís Pizza in Washington Mills of all places. Iím serious. Itís not close.

    There are no arguments accepted because itís not debatable.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,752
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Best wings are at Tony’s Pizza in Washington Mills of all places. I’m serious. It’s not close.

    There are no arguments accepted because it’s not debatable.
    Frank & Teressa called and they would like to speak with you.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,955
    from the dead?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Among Greatness All Around
    Posts
    5,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Btw, how does one do an umlaut on a US keyboard?
    Windows you use the Alt key and the extended character decimal number- but you must use the number pad and not the numbers across the top of the keyboard (above 127 where the regular character set ends)... https://spreadsheeto.com/wp-content/...odes-table.png

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...rs=en-gb&ad=gb

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    3,485
    on a mac just hold the letter down and a list will pop up, just choose which one you want

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •